“Consistently solid” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Arlington, Virginia
“Consistently solid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have at least one meal at Stoney Lonen during each beach visit because the fish and chips and seafood chowder are wonderful and the owners and staff friendly. The bar area is cozy, and if you can grab a seat there, do it. As an example of the friendliness of the place, a few years ago I left my cell phone at the bar and the owner (Bryan) mailed it back to me. I don't think that would have happened at many other eateries.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Flourtown, Pennsylvania
“Irish Pub for Foodies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

You come to Stoney Lonen for the food. It has the Irish standards of Guiness, Harp, and Smithwicks, but better craft beer selection can be had elsewhere. No, the food is the reason to come. My wife started with a house salad and their own dressing. She said it was excellent! I had the seafood stew. I was neither harsh nor salty, just well balanced filled with seafood. For dinner, she had the crabcakes which were wonderful. I had the fish tacos. They were delicious. Three tacos were more than enough, they had a unique and amazing flavor.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Delaware
“Good food, cold service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Been ordering take-out from Stoney Lonen for many years and have always enjoyed it. Tried a sit-down meal with my wife and mother and everything was mostly good. My crab cake was great, moms shrimp were spot on and the wife enjoyed her burger. Odd that each plate came with the same fries, but they were really good fries. Service was sloppy (Zara); as the bread came late, was not asked if we wanted refills on drinks (all cups empty), waitress handed plates to each of us instead of placing them on the table, and waitress took my credit card and said thank you, have a good night. Wait, wait wait I said, you have my card. As we finally departed, none of the 3 employees we walked by on the way out said a word to us. Just strange. I'll be back though, whether they care or not, cause the food is good and affordable.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“A great Irish Pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The staff at The Bellmoor recommended the Stoney Lonen, which was a 60 second walk from the hotel. The fish and chips were amazingly good; the irish beers a favorite of my husband's, and the staff made it a fun night. Definite must in Rehoboth Beach.

Visited September 2012
New York
“Good Dinner and Service, Yummy Crab Cakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Dined here on our recent trip to DE Shores. Three in our party had the Fish & Chips Special ($10.00) and declared it very good; plentiful serving, all brought at least half of the entree home. I opted for the crab cakes and was not disappointed; lump crab, tasty and severed with a nice rice pilaf, fresh tomato salad and asparagus ($20.00). Delicious toasted sour dough bread. Bartender prepared a nice cosmo martini. Our waiter was attentive and friendly; best service we received throughout our vacation dining experience that trip. Only problem - a strong odor greeted us upon entering the establishment; a bit unpleasant, slightly sewage smell but it could have been burnt cheese or something else temporary in nature. Not sure if it died off or if we just got use to it but it didn't seem to bother us after awhile Sans the welcoming smell, a nice dining experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere