“Excellent Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Espuma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 234 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st street
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“Excellent Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We arrived on a Monday night to celebrate our anniversary. We sat at the bar to have a cocktail before going to a table. We never got to a table. The bartender/hostess/server was so wonderful we never left the bar. Her name is Florina and she is an exceptional mixologist. Not only that, she was very pleasant and made our evening most enjoyable.

We started off with home made mozzarella and roasted peppers and "beet this" which is a salad with goat cheese and beets. Both were great and the presentation was superb. Then there was an amuse bouche along with bread/roasted garlic and some spreads. We shared the ribeye of angus beef with chorizo-creamed spinach, shortrib-sweet potato chickpea crepe, star anise syrup and also had the grilled asparagus appetizer.

The cocktails were great and the wine selection was good as well. Florina did a great job in helping select a wine.

Dessert was the best. We got two: Ice Cream Sliders with blood orange sorbet and vanilla ice cream in between the cocoa meringues, passion fruit syrup and chocolate-evoo sauce.
Chocolate Trio: molten-chocolate cake, stacked crepes with pistachio, cherry, and cocoa foam, chocolate malt ice cream with strawberry emulsion. Florina brought them out with candles for our celebration.

I did not have my phone to get pictures so Florina took a picture of our celebration and when I checked my email the next morning - she had sent me the picture!

It was a wonderful experience all around.

Pittsfield MA
“Food, drinks, service added up to fine evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We went for the paella night on an off-season Monday, and very much enjoyed our evening. Our server, Ty, was outstanding - knowledgeable, professional, and attentive without being in the least cloying - so much so that we actually thought he might be an owner. But no, just a fine and invested server: he explained that they pride themselves on their small, collaborative, multi-skilled front-of-house team. His mixed drinks and his wine recommendation were superb, and we loved the pea and carrot soup, poured at the table. The paella was, as others have observed, somewhat salty - but Ty said there was no salt added, just the salt from the chorizo. We found it very flavorful - scallops in particular cooked to perfection, and the rice excellent. "Financier" apple dessert our least favorite part of the meal, but that was more our taste than any fault of the dish. All around, an excellent meal that we thoroughly enjoyed.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent food, great staff, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you're in Rehoboth for a nice night out and are searching for delicious food in a swanky (but unpretentious) restaurant, Espuma is the place for you.

My boyfriend and I vacationed to Rehoboth for our 3-year anniversary and came to Espuma on the recommendation of friends who have parents in the area and visit often. We're so glad we did! From the drinks and appetizers to the dinner and desert, the food was amazing and the service was great. The quality of the food and drinks was well-matched to the price (We live in Baltimore and prices are similar for that quality of dining.)

Springfield, VA
“Paella night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We visited on Christmas Eve, when Espuma was one of the few restaurants in town that was open for dinner. There was a prix fixe special featuring the restaurant's paella. I had a prosciutto and chees "cannoli" as my appetizer and my husband had the mushroom soup, both of which were excellent. I had the vegetarian paella and my husband had the seafood version. Both arrived at the table steaming, in small metal skillets with red handles. The portions were huge, and we ended up taking our leftovers back to our hotel room so that we could leave room for the desserts that were part of the prix fixe special. I had the molten chocolate cake that was so good I wanted to lick the plate, and my husband had the apple tart. I second the previous poster who said that the drinks are excellent -- I had one that featured prosecco and grapefruit juice that was heavenly.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore
“Overpriced and mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Overpriced mediocre. The paella was salty, had a few medium shrimp and a little chicken, if it was chicken. Ravioli had way too much bacon, and halibut not distinctive. No return for me.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere