“Excellent food, great staff, nice atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Espuma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 238 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st street
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent food, great staff, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you're in Rehoboth for a nice night out and are searching for delicious food in a swanky (but unpretentious) restaurant, Espuma is the place for you.

My boyfriend and I vacationed to Rehoboth for our 3-year anniversary and came to Espuma on the recommendation of friends who have parents in the area and visit often. We're so glad we did! From the drinks and appetizers to the dinner and desert, the food was amazing and the service was great. The quality of the food and drinks was well-matched to the price (We live in Baltimore and prices are similar for that quality of dining.)

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Springfield, VA
“Paella night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We visited on Christmas Eve, when Espuma was one of the few restaurants in town that was open for dinner. There was a prix fixe special featuring the restaurant's paella. I had a prosciutto and chees "cannoli" as my appetizer and my husband had the mushroom soup, both of which were excellent. I had the vegetarian paella and my husband had the seafood version. Both arrived at the table steaming, in small metal skillets with red handles. The portions were huge, and we ended up taking our leftovers back to our hotel room so that we could leave room for the desserts that were part of the prix fixe special. I had the molten chocolate cake that was so good I wanted to lick the plate, and my husband had the apple tart. I second the previous poster who said that the drinks are excellent -- I had one that featured prosecco and grapefruit juice that was heavenly.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore
“Overpriced and mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Overpriced mediocre. The paella was salty, had a few medium shrimp and a little chicken, if it was chicken. Ravioli had way too much bacon, and halibut not distinctive. No return for me.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kennett Square, PA
“Was expecting much better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Went on a Friday night and restaurant was only 1/3 full. Bar was packed, so we waited longer than we shoukd have for drinks. When you first enter the restaurant the room on the right was a mess with drapes barely covering it.
For inner, i had the Paella which was small, with very little seafood and rice overcooked - for $30! Tuna tartare was average. The highlight of the meal was dessert. Pumpkin ice cream.
Will not return, as there are so many other good restaurants to choose from in the area.

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Great drinks in this hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

What a treat to find this gem of a restaurant, slightly hidden just a block of busy Rehoboth Ave. The service was impeccable and helpful in selecting items to explore. While the food was good, varied, a eclectic, the true gem of this place is its concoctions of fruit and infused martinis... Which we had to restrain ourselves from sampling the extensive list!

• Visited October 2012