“Beachy place with an ocean view” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #144 of 216 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Beachy place with an ocean view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was right next to our hotel, and was a great place to hang out, have dinner or lunch, and enjoy the ocean view. Their sandwich wraps and nachos were great, and their pina coladas are incredible. Great, friendly service.

Visited July 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“If you don't smoke, don't go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food here has never been anything to write home about. It's pub fare and only mediocre pub fare at that. But it has a truly sweet view of the ocean - where most restaurants in Rehboth are set back off the boardwalk. So really, they fail to take advantage of this selling point.

I hadn't been for a long time before I went a few weeks ago. I was with a family of three, including their 12 year old daughter and it was a Sunday night with perfect weather, at about 5:30 pm. The food arrived and no one was impressed but neither were they depressed.

Then, it happened. A large man sitting at the next table pulled a cigar and asked us if we minded if he smoked. My friend said that we had just gotten our meals and we had a child with us. He shrugged and smiled and lit up, as though he couldn't care less. He did this through our entire meal. A couple of tables over, another nasty smoker was polluting the atmosphere.

Grow up and join the 21st century Obies. Tell people these smoking slobs to go elsewhere - just post a no smoking sign and you'll attract a better sort of client and you might actually have repeat diners.

Visited July 2013
Rehoboth Beach
“terrible food, terrible service all for a small fortune”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I realize Obies in Rehoboth is a tourist trap, but this is still over the top. The food is awful , ther service if you can get it, is terrible and all of this for prices you won't believe. Terrible!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bernville
“Don't Bother”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Obie's use to be one of my favorite places to go - I've been going there for over 20 years. It sits right on the boardwalk at Olive Ave. and you can sit at their outside tables right on the boardwalk to eat. Full bar and always has great music playing - perfect beach ambience. The food and wait service has taken a nosedive, however. I always order their famous Hobo burger (hamburger with cheddar cheese and mango chutney). This time I ordered a Hobo burger and received a regular hamburger. After finally being able to flag my waiter back down, he took the burger back to the kitchen to have the cheese and chutney added. The bun was all greasy, the burger was completely overcooked and by then the fries were cold. My daughter ordered a salad to go with her chicken tenders - she received fries and no salad. Obviously they just don't care anymore. Won't go back again. I can make a much better Hobo burger at home.

Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Drink there, eat someplace else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Outdoor bar on boardwalk was perfect for a cool drink. However dining experience was poor with disappointing food, mixed up orders, and slow service. We'll be back for drinks, but not for a meal with so many other options out there.