“Don't Bother” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Bernville
“Don't Bother”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Obie's use to be one of my favorite places to go - I've been going there for over 20 years. It sits right on the boardwalk at Olive Ave. and you can sit at their outside tables right on the boardwalk to eat. Full bar and always has great music playing - perfect beach ambience. The food and wait service has taken a nosedive, however. I always order their famous Hobo burger (hamburger with cheddar cheese and mango chutney). This time I ordered a Hobo burger and received a regular hamburger. After finally being able to flag my waiter back down, he took the burger back to the kitchen to have the cheese and chutney added. The bun was all greasy, the burger was completely overcooked and by then the fries were cold. My daughter ordered a salad to go with her chicken tenders - she received fries and no salad. Obviously they just don't care anymore. Won't go back again. I can make a much better Hobo burger at home.

Visited August 2012

“Drink there, eat someplace else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Outdoor bar on boardwalk was perfect for a cool drink. However dining experience was poor with disappointing food, mixed up orders, and slow service. We'll be back for drinks, but not for a meal with so many other options out there.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Fun place, great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

They have something for everyone here and it is a true bar by the beach atmosphere full of music and fun. My 81 year old father said he had the best hot dog of his life there and my husband gorged himself on shrimp and my daughter sucked down calamari. I had their ribs and highly recommend them. Nuff said!

Visited July 2012
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
“Best on the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great spot to be at the beach!!!! Have been going here for over 25 years and am always looking forward to going back!!!! See you there!!!!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, Mi
“Typical Beach Bar Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This is not fine dining, this is a bar that serves food on the beach/boardwalk. Limited menu items but with great beer and drinks and awesome views. We ate here twice last week... crabcakes, steamed clams, steamed shrimp and fried shrimp we can recommend...would not recommend the chicken salad though (lots of it, just no taste). We had great service...in fact our server from our 1st visit recognized us when we returned and came running over to take care of us again.... it appeared that it was mainly American college kids that were working the place when we were there. Our service was really good. We would go back

• Visited July 2012