“off the chain” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Ashburn, Virginia
“off the chain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

seedy area but the place is awesome best fries around in the RB area. I was very pleased with them and they tasted awesome

Visited September 2013

Mass.
“Always tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I look forward to Thrasher's fries everytime we come to Rehoboth. They are fresh, hot, tasty and addictive. They are a bit greasy, so I can't give them 5 stars, but hey they are french fries!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Mahopac, New York
“Yuck”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I get that there's no pizza like NY pizza. However, I've had pizza in many different places and this was by far the worst. For the prices they charge, I expected a decent slice of pizza. This was far from that. It was not only served cold, but it had very little taste. I had to smother it with spices in order to make it edible. Would not recommend this place for pizza.

Visited September 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Delicous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The fries are made in peanut oil and are AMAZING! They are wonderful with vinegar on them. You must try them while you are walking along the boardwalk.

Visited August 2013
New Port Richey, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,432 helpful votes
“a staple on the boardwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family and I moved to Delaware about four years ago. We were told to check out Thrasher's fries when at the beach. Boy, was that a mistake. Now I went some every time we come! Here's why:

Thrasher's fries their fries in peanut oil for just the right amount of time. Golden brown on the outside with a perfect taste on the inside. They are always fresh and HOT!

Their customer service is always great. They are fast! There may or may not be a long line, but it moves very quickly. If the customer at the counter is finishing up, the person manning the fries might ask what size you want. By the time you are up there handing over the the money, your bucket is waiting for you.

They provide salt and vinegar which is excellent. Thankfully, no ketchup!

So why don't we visit every time we are at the beach? You could buy a sack of potatoes for the price of one bucket. Here are the current prices:

Small $4.50
Medium $6.50
Large $9.50

People gladly pay the price for these delicious fries. They are filling. We typically enjoy sharing a bucket maybe once per season.

They do accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Unfortunately, they do not accept American Express. I wish they did.

If you purchase a large drink, keep the plastic cup. You can return for a $1.25 refill (it was $1.00 up until this season) even in future years.

Please have a look at the pictures I have included. The bucket you see me holding is the large. You will also see a picture of the current menu with prices for both fries and drinks. If you find the pictures or this review helpful, please let me know by clicking the button below. Thanks for reading.

• Visited August 2013