“Great snack on the go.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 231 restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Takeout, Late Night
“Great snack on the go.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Fries were fresh, hot, and tasty. Great to grab a bucket to share as the stroll the boardwalk. One person in our party complained about the "no ketchup", but no one else seemed to mind since vinegar is the preferred topping.

89% Recommend
Dublin, Ohio
“Classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have been going to Rehobeth Beach since I was a kid (I'm a boomer) and they never fail to please. A big bucket brought onto the beach for lunch is heaven. I love that they do not offer ketchup, just vinegar.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Grove, Pennsylvania
“Great "Boardwalk Fries"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We know that French fries are a big thing at the beach. We were surprised at the number of competing fry places along the main shopping strip in Rehoboth. This was our first visit, btw. We parked and went up to the boardwalk to check out the beach. The aroma of French fries coming from an open counter-front stand immediately caught our attention. Thrasher's. I said to my wife that fries must be a local "thing" here in Rehoboth and that we should try some.
We approached JUST as a fresh batch was dumped and salted! I doused mine real good with the apple cider vinegar they had on hand! My wife asked for ketchup and was quite taken aback when she was told they do not have any ketchup. Again, I told her it must be a local "thing" to ONLY use vinegar. Oh well.
The fries were crispy and well browned outside, yet moist and "creamy" inside. Obviously the result of Thrasher's using 100% peanut oil, which allows frying at a much higher temperature. Delicious!
If you like fries, and never had Thrasher's, you are in for a treat! Just remember to bring your own ketchup! LOL

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, Maryland
“Oh my goodness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

How addicting these fries are! We not only grabbed them to take on the beach, I also grabbed a bucket to share on the 3 hour drive home!!!!!!!!

Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Always the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Can't beat Thrashers French Fries for the best boardwalk fries anywhere! They are an institution and not to be missed!