“Raves from our entire group!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cultured Pearl Restaurant & Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 238 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
MetroWest Boston
“Raves from our entire group!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We found this gem quite by accident. While enjoying a coffee in the Starbucks in the building, I wandered into a cute little gift shop and purchased some origami paper. The clerk and I had a chat and she recommended the Cultured Pearl for dinner. We took her advice and am so glad we did. My adult children all love Sushi and were excited to hear that we would go to a restaurant with Sushi and there were plenty of other specialties for the non-sushi lover.

First...the atmosphere. Sadly, we were unable, due to the weather, to dine outside on the roof deck. But, we did check it out after our meal. It was so cool! There were tables under tents and they were all surrounded by koi ponds. It was like you were dining on a boat on the sea. It was really fabulous. We dined inside which was fine and had bamboo set around the outside of the room. Some of the decor was a bit tired...but was ok. There was also a bandstand and they were setting up for musicians, but we were gone before the music started.

For the food, we were five and we ordered four sushi rolls to share along with dumplings, teriyaki and shrimp tempura. Being new to sushi, I preferred the Japan Bagel which had smoked salmon, scallion and cream cheese. The true sushi lovers enjoyed the Firecracker which was way too hot for me. They were delighted when I only wanted one piece! Everyone also enjoyed East of Maui which had shrimp, avacado, and pineapple and the California crab roll. The teriyaki was very tender and delicious and my husband was quite happy with the shrimp tempura.

Our entire bill was about $115 plus tip and I think it was a good value for what we received.

If we were in town longer, I would go back, but given that there are other places to try, this one will have to wait to a return trip to revisit. However, I would highly recommend the Cultured Pearl.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Maple Shade, New Jersey
“Great outdoor seating space, good but not great sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Edamame bar though totally rocked. We got those cooked in a chili oil with sea salt, yum. They had at least 5 different Edamame preps we would have gone for. One recommendation to them is to make smaller portions of them, maybe have a tray with 3 or 4 different types in much smaller bowls. That said, outdoor seating area was great, you can see part of it on the roof from the road but definitely does not do it justice. Lights up very nicely and intimate at nite. Edamame was awesome, and two of the 4 rolls we split were great too, the other two we took the recommendations of our server and were disappointed. We loved the firecracker roll, had all our rolls been half as good this would have been excellent overall.

The outdoor seating is on the roof, and you're sitting over several interconnected ponds that the koi swim around in. we were in the corner so did not see them but it just created a really nice atmosphere. Definitely go on a warm nite and near sunset so you can sit among the lights, very nice.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lewes
“Baby sitter worthy--though kids are also welcome :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went to the Cultured Pearl again last weekend. Since we have young children, and precious little adult time, we tend to go to the places we love rather than try new places and risk wasting a baby sitter.
So, we each ordered an appetizer and shared and then each ordered a sushi roll and shared. It was a perfect sharing evening. The seared ahi tuner appetizer was perfect! The cream of crab soup despite the hefty price tag--never disappoints. Cream of crab soup has forever been ruined for my husband, he compares all others to this bowl! Lastly we tried the Kobe beef sliders which melted in our mouths.
Our rolls the dynamite lump, the soft shell crab, and the tempura shirmp were also perfect! I really don't have any complaints and hope that we can go again soon :).

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Millsboro, Delaware
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Sushi choices are varied and original. Love the spicy Kazan! Cooked food options are also excellent. Have eaten at the bar and in the restaurant and the bar service is sometimes a little disjointed but overall my favorite Sushi in Rehoboth! Prices are reasonable too!

Visited May 2013
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
“Fish are going to die....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I visited this restaurant over Memorial Day weekend. I typically LOVE this place and think the atmosphere is great, and I have always liked the food. I used to live in Rehoboth Beach and would frequent this restaurant a lot. However, this past weekend, the fish that are supposed to create atmosphere that swim around underneath you while you are dining were clearly suffering!!! There was a ton of algae growing on the bottom. All you could see was green. ALL of the fish... (not just a few in some areas) were gasping at the top of the water for oxygen. There were a few spots that had pumps which created some oxygen flow, but clearly not enough for this large of a tank. First of all... if you are going to have fish that are used to create atmosphere, make sure that it provides a GOOD atmosphere and one that will not make your guests upset. Second, when we tried to approach management, everyone seemed to not really have a second thought. CLEAN OUT YOUR AQUARIUM TANKS! (I realize that this IS a sushi restaurant, but this was absurd!!!)

• Visited May 2013