“If you like fish!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 233 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Description: Founded in 1997 by brothers Norman and Eric Sugrue, Delaware's Big Fish Grill has become one of the premier spots for casual dining in the region. A unique blend of original recipes, must have favorites and affordable prices have resulted in a dedicated following. Enough so to earn numerous "Best Seafood at the Beach" awards by Delaware Today magazine. The secret ingredient of the Big Fish Grill success story is a commitment to providing fresh, great tasting dishes, unsurpassed hospitality and impeccable customer service. Big Fish Grill offers a diverse menu featuring not only hand selected seafood at its absolute freshness but also delicious steaks and pasta in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. Big Fish Grill has something for everyone!
Albany NY
“If you like fish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014 NEW

Stopped for some dinner. Huge place. Allergic to peppers. After the meal came the chef came out to see if we were fine with the meal. Nice touch. when we got there were 15 people ahead of us. Said 15 minute wait. We were skeptical. They were right. Our selections were perfectly cooked. A little noisy but great food.

Visited October 2014

Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Oyster fest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014 NEW

Friendly nautical social place for great seafood. The raw oyster assortment is perfect. A little pricey, but worth every penny.

Visited May 2014
collegeville, pa
“Good Food- Great seafood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014 NEW

8 picky women and we all enjoyed our meal- even the friend that doesn't touch seafood! You have to try the Nevas potatoes- yummy! The crab bisque was rich and creamy and the crab cakes were a favorite of the group since we tried each other's meals. Save room for dessert, especially the peanut butter pie! This was a first time for me but not others. I will return next time my family travels to this area. Service was friendly!

• Visited October 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Lots of food so you better be hungry! Gluten free menu is a plus.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

Nobody in our party complained they were hungry when we left so that's always a good sign. The prices were appropriate for a seafood place and in a beach town too. The server we had was fantastic even after a major injury the day before so we were impressed by his attitude and speed as the injury didn't slow him down so that's a great employee to have. The portions were huge but we felt bad not finishing everything. This place was very Allergy friendly with a huge Gluten Free menu for me & a dairy free menu too, it was hard to make up my mine with all the options. Everybody else enjoyed their chowder and the fish & chips which wasn't thick with batter or oily. My only criticism is the GF pasta in my seafood dish broke down in the juices so it got so flimsy towards the end that I was splattering the wine sauce all over me. Just need a different pasta that hold up when very wet like a wheat pasta holds up. We'd go back with a small or large party since this place had lots of large parties but sat us right away on a busy night, the place was very big.

• Visited September 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barrington, Illinois
“an unexpected bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

I have dined at Big Fish several times over the years and loved it. On a recent trip to Rehoboth I couldn't wait to eat there on my first night and had the usual good experience. I was in Rehoboth for 10 days and decided to return to Big Fish, but this time it was not too good. I ordered the broiled seafood platter and, although it was as described on the menu, it was awful. The whole dish was white..looked unappetizing. The filet of fish was about 4 bites big and overcooked, sticking to the small cassoulet it was served in... hardly a "platter." It was hard around the edges.. not supposed to be crunchy! Two large scallops were bland but ok. One stuffed shrimp was gooey and tasteless. There was not a drop of cooking liquid.. oil, butter, sauce,something. There was not a speck of seasoning. Not a slice of lemon. This meal was tasteless and I was surprised to be served this meal in this restaurant. I will try again next year but I will not order this dish. I could have made this dish much better myself and I can't cook at all!!! I left hungry and very disappointed.

• Visited September 2014