“Good Food, Good Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 231 restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Maryland
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 NEW

Ate at Big Fish with family, party of 6. Wait for table was only about 20 mins (we arrived about 7 pm). The place is big and noisy and busy. Our server was friendly, efficient, and helpful A+! All of us liked our entrees and we appreciated that there was no problem from the kitchen or the server to make minor changes (leave off sauce, broil instead of fry, etc.). All in all a nice place to eat at the beach, not too fancy, not too casual, nicer than the usual bar food, just right.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Easton
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 NEW

I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. Given the line out the door we should have known that it would be good. We also thought that we would be wating for ever because of that line however the place is large and they move people quickly. I didn't love where they sat us because we were at the front door and the tables are very close together. You really could listen in on your neighbors conversation if you really wanted to. That being said, j once you get your food it won't matter what your neighbors are talking about because the food is delicious. I ordered crab cakes and my husband got tuna. Neither one of us was disappointed in our meals. Speaking of our neighbors, the one table next to us got a bruscetta appetizer that was enough to feed 6 or 8 people. They saw me looking in their direction and even offered some because the three of them barely put a dent in it. I have to also give credit to our waiter. He was very friendly, knowledgeable about the menu and appropriately attentive. The whole staff seems to work well together as our food was on our table in less than 15 minutes. Now I understand how they move that wait line outside so quickly.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, MD
“Very Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 NEW

We recently visited the Big Fish Grill in Baltimore and had a pretty good lunch. Not so the one here in Rehoboth. And when I filled out the review card, the manager was spying on me and came over to see what the problem was and why I didn't tell her about it. They offered a corn and tomato salad charging $1 more than the other sides that was the worst thing ever. It had no flavor, very few bits of tomato and other vegetables. Very poor presentation also but with not much to show I guess the presentation is out of the question. My husbands shell fish and pasta was good and gigantic. I cannot take lactose and they tried hard to find something for me, but apparently even the cocoanut sauce on the fish had real milk instead of cocoanut milk. They left the sauce off and so the fish was very bland. The waitress was very nice and tried to be helpful. the manager was also but when she jumped on me for filling out the review, it really made me uncomfortable. If she was that worried, she should have just thrown it out!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Morton
“Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 NEW

Absolutely loved all of the wonderful dishes we tried. Started with calamari that was delish! Jambalaya was amazing as well as scallops, stuffed shrimp, and cod. We had the peanut butter pie for dessert..it was HUGE!! Loved it

usa
“excellent seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 NEW

Make sure you get there before 6PM when the happy hour specials end. The fried oysters are a fantastic value. All the specials of the day were excellent. I will definitely return on my next visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere