“You saved my marriage! Ok, maybe I'm exaggertaing just a little.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 235 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Description: Founded in 1997 by brothers Norman and Eric Sugrue, Delaware's Big Fish Grill has become one of the premier spots for casual dining in the region. A unique blend of original recipes, must have favorites and affordable prices have resulted in a dedicated following. Enough so to earn numerous "Best Seafood at the Beach" awards by Delaware Today magazine. The secret ingredient of the Big Fish Grill success story is a commitment to providing fresh, great tasting dishes, unsurpassed hospitality and impeccable customer service. Big Fish Grill offers a diverse menu featuring not only hand selected seafood at its absolute freshness but also delicious steaks and pasta in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. Big Fish Grill has something for everyone!
Delaware
“You saved my marriage! Ok, maybe I'm exaggertaing just a little.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife had a serious hunkering for some shrimp the other night, and all the seafood departments at the grocery stores had long since closed. I had never done a Big Fish take out before, all the years I lived here; but it crossed my mind last minute and I was sure glad it did. The wife got exactly what she wanted, and it was good too! She even let me have a bite. If you don't make your wife happy, she sure can make your life a living heck.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We are so happy you decided to give our seafood market a try and we agree a happy wife is a happy life!

Fairfax Station
“Not so good this time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I hate to write an average review for a place that I like so much. But this last time wasn't so great. My wife had jumbalaya and it was just awful. Uneatable I fact. Tasted like tomato paste and chicken, sausage.
Here's what I conclude: if you want a great meal here, keep it simple. Order grill fish or order from the raw bar. Otherwise its just average.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate the feedback and are always looking for ways to improve.

Bordentown, NJ
“Good food! Convenient location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to Big Fish on a Saturday afternoon - the day before Easter - for an early dinner. There were not too many people at that point, and we were seated in the room with the large bar. Casual and comfortable. The place filled up as we were there.
Our young server was polite and the service was good. The food got mixed reviews. I got the broiled combo that was great! My husband had the cioppino which he was so-so. I, on the other hand, enjoyed that when I tasted it. My daughter got the kid-sized spaghetti and meatball and enjoyed that. My son ordered a hot dog, and I do have to say, it left something to be desired. Big Fish needs to upgrade the quality of the hot dogs.
My one complaint is that there was a rather large group of people that came in after we ordered. They were LOUD - I think I can even say RUDE - with the way they were just about shouting at each other. And they weren't kids, either. A large group of people is fine, but if other tables cannot even have a conversation, that's just out of line. Perhaps if we were seated inside, it would have been better without a large crowd nearby. Even my kids made comments about them.
On the next visit, which I'd certainly must, I'd request that we be seated away from large groups.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. We apologize for the noise level last time you dined witht us. If you are uncomfortable with your table please let your server know and we would be more then happy to move you. We hope to see you again soon!

Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Scrumptious seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

To top off a great day of shopping at the outlets, we found a fabulous place for dinner. Using Trip Advisor, we chose the Big Fish Grill. OMG! The lobster bisque was heavenly. The Grilled Ultimate combo, which included a skewer each of shrimp, scallops, steak and a delicious lump crab cake was perfectly named. Even the side dishes were excellent. Our waiter, Eric, could not have been more accommodating either. Unfortunately, we were too full to sample the desserts but they looked delectable and huge. One suggestion- get there early to avoid lines and bring your appetite!

Visited April 2013
Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy to know you had a great first experience at Big Fish, we hope to see you again soon!

Milton, Delaware
“Fantastic Dinner on a Holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We usually do not like to eat out on certain holidays and Easter is one of them. I also do not like buffets and looked for a restaurant that was serving regular dinners. the Big Fish Grill did have a special menu for Easter but had no problem giving us the regular menu for salads. The food was terrific. We shared an appetizer of Grilled Shrimp with butter and they were delicious. The salads were not the typical "greens and dressing" at an exorbitant price. I had a chopped salad that had 2 kinds of lettuce and lots of vegetables. Their Buttermilk Garlic Ranch dressing was delicious. My husband had a Greek Salad and he said it was one of the best. I had the 2-4oz. lobster tails with garlic smashed potatoes and asparagus and everything was great. My husband had the Seafood with Tortellini in a light tomato based sauce. The variety and quantity of seafood was more than he had ever had. There was shrimp, scallops, lobster and crab in it. He seldom has leftovers but this time he did.

The service was great. I was not sure of the wine and our waitress brought me a generous tasting. She checked on us frequently and so did the rest of the staff.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing Big Fish for Easter, we are happy to know you enjoyed the food and service! We hope to see you again soon!