“Good food! Convenient location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 231 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Bordentown, NJ
“Good food! Convenient location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to Big Fish on a Saturday afternoon - the day before Easter - for an early dinner. There were not too many people at that point, and we were seated in the room with the large bar. Casual and comfortable. The place filled up as we were there.
Our young server was polite and the service was good. The food got mixed reviews. I got the broiled combo that was great! My husband had the cioppino which he was so-so. I, on the other hand, enjoyed that when I tasted it. My daughter got the kid-sized spaghetti and meatball and enjoyed that. My son ordered a hot dog, and I do have to say, it left something to be desired. Big Fish needs to upgrade the quality of the hot dogs.
My one complaint is that there was a rather large group of people that came in after we ordered. They were LOUD - I think I can even say RUDE - with the way they were just about shouting at each other. And they weren't kids, either. A large group of people is fine, but if other tables cannot even have a conversation, that's just out of line. Perhaps if we were seated inside, it would have been better without a large crowd nearby. Even my kids made comments about them.
On the next visit, which I'd certainly must, I'd request that we be seated away from large groups.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. We apologize for the noise level last time you dined witht us. If you are uncomfortable with your table please let your server know and we would be more then happy to move you. We hope to see you again soon!

86% Recommend
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Scrumptious seafood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

To top off a great day of shopping at the outlets, we found a fabulous place for dinner. Using Trip Advisor, we chose the Big Fish Grill. OMG! The lobster bisque was heavenly. The Grilled Ultimate combo, which included a skewer each of shrimp, scallops, steak and a delicious lump crab cake was perfectly named. Even the side dishes were excellent. Our waiter, Eric, could not have been more accommodating either. Unfortunately, we were too full to sample the desserts but they looked delectable and huge. One suggestion- get there early to avoid lines and bring your appetite!

Visited April 2013
Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy to know you had a great first experience at Big Fish, we hope to see you again soon!

Milton, Delaware
“Fantastic Dinner on a Holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We usually do not like to eat out on certain holidays and Easter is one of them. I also do not like buffets and looked for a restaurant that was serving regular dinners. the Big Fish Grill did have a special menu for Easter but had no problem giving us the regular menu for salads. The food was terrific. We shared an appetizer of Grilled Shrimp with butter and they were delicious. The salads were not the typical "greens and dressing" at an exorbitant price. I had a chopped salad that had 2 kinds of lettuce and lots of vegetables. Their Buttermilk Garlic Ranch dressing was delicious. My husband had a Greek Salad and he said it was one of the best. I had the 2-4oz. lobster tails with garlic smashed potatoes and asparagus and everything was great. My husband had the Seafood with Tortellini in a light tomato based sauce. The variety and quantity of seafood was more than he had ever had. There was shrimp, scallops, lobster and crab in it. He seldom has leftovers but this time he did.

The service was great. I was not sure of the wine and our waitress brought me a generous tasting. She checked on us frequently and so did the rest of the staff.

Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing Big Fish for Easter, we are happy to know you enjoyed the food and service! We hope to see you again soon!

Parsons, West Virginia
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We go to this eatery every April when we visit Dewey/Rehobeth Beach. We always look forward to the excellent food. We love the crab cakes. The Neva's potatoes are delicious. We stopped on Saturday (the day before Easter) around 5:30 or 6:00, but it was a 45 minute wait so we came back on Easter Sunday after their brunch and had no wait. Previous years they had brought crackers and a small portion of a delicious dip to munch on before the meal, but they did not do that his time and we did not ask about it so I guess it is something they stopped doing. Regardless, we are never disappointed witht he fare here.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing Big Fish for Easter. We still provide our complimentary smoked tuna dip and crackers to our guests during dinner for the exception of Holidays! We hope to see you again soon!

North Carolina
“Fabulous food, outstanding service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The first night we ate at Big Fish Grill, my husband and I weren't sure that the delicious food and wonderful service was just a fluke. We went back the next night and found out it wasn't. The food both nights was beyond good. I had the fried shrimp, oysters and scallops the first night was cole slaw and creamed spinach. My husband had the fish sandwich. The peanut butter pie is to die for! The service is excellent. We didn't just have our waiter waiting on us, but the entire staff seemed to be waiting on us. We highly recommend Big Fish Grill and will be dining there the next time we are up in the Rehoboth Beach area.

Brooke B, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are happy to know you enjoyed the food and service! Hope to see you again soon!