“Not the best place to eat by far.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Arkansas
“Not the best place to eat by far.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Not the best place to eat by far. I had the fried seafood platter which was ok. The flounder was soaked in grease and not crispy like I would like fried flounder. My partner had the fried shrimp which were a little tough most likley because of there size. We both had potatoes which were both undercooked and barley warm. I would not return if I come back to Rehoboth.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Rockville, Maryland
“A bit uneven”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Went there on a Wednesday. Half price wine and half price appetizers sounded good.
They were out of our first two choices of wines. The calamari appetizer was 3/4 OK - 1/4 too tough to eat. The mussels had to be sent back. Definitely not fresh. One entree was good, the other, the stuffed flounder was not. Flounder was likely frozen and had no taste. The small amount of , $5 extra stuffing was a tiny portion and mainly a mayonnaise like substance. The french fries had been sitting around for a while and were cold and soggy.
Maybe they are recovering from Labor Day weekend business and ran out of things. But, hey, you're a restaurant that has been there for a while, plan for it.
There are a lot of restaurants in Rehoboth - you might want to gamble elsewhere.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Millsboro, Delaware
“Awesome Happy Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I do not understand the poor reviews on this place. People complaining about the decor must always eat and drink in 5 star restaurants/bars. Catcher's is super clean compared to some restaurants/bars in my hometown. This place has one of the best happy hour values in Rehoboth Beach. I've never had a bad drink or bad food at this place. I've tried almost all of their appetizers. A few of my favorites are the crab stuffed mushrooms, fried zucchini, fried calamari, and the coconut shrimp. My only complaint is that I wish the portion sizes were larger on the appetizers.

Visited August 2012
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“filthy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Any possitive reviews must be from the owners. This place is terrible. It is filthy. We sat at a booth. The table top was sticky, the wall had stains of old food and dead bugs on the shelf. The floor looks as though it is never vacuumed and the mens bathroom looked like a truck stop bathroom.
It was hot as blazes inside, the waitress mentioned that it is always that way as the one window unit AC is not up to the task.
I left most of my flounder dish on the plate as it was almost inedible. Obvious freezer burn on the edges. I left the tarter sauce alone as it was luke warm and had begun to discolor on the edges of the little cup. The baked potato looked and tasted as though it had spent the afternoon under the heat lamp. It was dry and overcooked.
These are not signs of an off day at a otherwise good establishment. I imagine this place is content with suckering first time visitors inside with no care if they ever come back. Too many good places in Rehobeth to waste a meal here.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“It was ok, I guess”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Didn't want to wait the hour for Fins and had eaten at Catchers before and it was ok. The service was ok, a little slow at first and a bit quirky however no real complaints. My main issue is that the place could really use a good cleaning. I couldn't help but think, "hmmm hope I am still feeling ok in the morning". The dining room, bathroom are really in need of a deep cleaning and also a refresh wouldn't hurt. The first coffee had some sort of sludge in the bottom of the cup. They did bring fresh and it was much better. The food was ok. At the end I requested a dessert menu and was informed they didn't have any. "We had a cheesecake but it's all gone", lol, a cheesecake? really? Ok, in all fairness maybe a seafood house / raw bar isn't the place to really expect dessert anyway. Maybe the pastry chef was off meeting with Stanley Steamer. Probably won't go back. On the plus side they do have free parking, although so does McDonalds.

• Visited August 2012