“CRAB PLACE?” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
“CRAB PLACE?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This indoor/outdoor crab place doesn't know how to cook crabs! My husband and I had good service and the beer was cold but the chef was way off base. We had some appetizers that were pretty standard and nothing special but they were hot and cooked they way they should be but...the crabs. We bought a 1/2 dozen and out of six, two were mushy. The table across from us had purchased a dozen and were having they same problem. Our waitress brought us 3 more and out of those 1 was mushy. So we were pretty satisfied. The other table however was quite disappointed and tried to talk to the chef but the waiter refused to oblige the request. So they paid for what they ate and left disappointed. I think they need a new chef-or maybe it was a fluke but if you really want crabs and want them to taste good I would look elsewhere.

Visited July 2012

49% Recommend
White Plains, New York
“Stay Away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

With so many of the restaurants in town having long waits for tables and not taking reservations, we were happy to be able to be seated right away. We should have known that was NOT a good sign. The decor is dingy and not particularly clean. The coconut shrimp appetizer was adequate - nothing special - with 8 shrimp and a tiny plastic cup of dipping sauce. The scallop entree came with a sauce that was too thick and over wild rice that was undercooked. The broiled seafood medly featured a filet of what can only be described as flavorless cardboard. The waitress was inexperienced and/or uninterested. This restaurant would never last in a town that wasn't packed with hungry visitors.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Food was average, decor needs an update”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I went for lunch at this resturant with my family. The person who welcomed us with a teenager of about 16 with a hickey on her neck. Did not know the proper way to greet people, though she was very pretty. Inisde was a light blue color with out of date furniture. We decided to eat out on the deck. The deck was nice however all the black chairs on each table needed a fresh coat of paint. The paint on each chair was peeling off, and weeds were growing through the deck area. The Maryland Crab soup has frozen veggy's in it. I got a bowl of the soup while my wife had a cup. Her soup did not have one piece of crab in it. My bowl did thankfully have some. It was overall an ok soup, with lots of pasta in it. The soft shell crabs we had was good, but to be honest the Go Fish resturant which is closer to the beach was much better. The french fries served were also frozen and we could tell the difference from the fresh cut potatos at the other resturant we went to. There are a lot of resturants in the area. They have to learn from Restuarant Impossisble TV show on how to improve their place.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“Breakfast was okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Had eggs and beignets. Beignets were not the really thing, just some come of fried doug. But it's nice to be outside in the morning.

Visited June 2012
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“Catchers - Never Eating There Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I've been to Catcher's dozens of times over the years, and considered it one of my "must go-tos" but haven't visited since 2009. Wow, things have changed.

I took my parents and toddler son there this weekend, and we were all equally dismayed by our experience. The food was decent, but overall, it was a terrible experience. The atmosphere is terrible, there were flies everywhere. A short list of what went wrong:

-My father's food order was inputted incorrectly - he got his food 15 minutes after us.
-The mac/cheese we ordered for our son "wasn't actually on the menu" even though it was on the menu.
-After our food arrived, our waitress was nowhere to be found for 20 minutes....we needed water, napkins, ketchup, butter for our potatoes...crab crackers....everything. I went to the bar to find help, and the other waiters were reading and on their cell phones.
-When we needed service, I could clearly see our waitress sitting at another table with her friends.
-My mother asked for a wet wipe to clean her hands after eating crab; the waitress said that they didn't carry them. Really?
-When my mother suggested that they probably should, given that it's a seafood restaurant, the waitress copped an attitude with her.

Given the number of seafood restaurants in Rehoboth, I wish we'd chosen differently. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Don't waste your time, or your money.

• Visited June 2012