“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Moon Rehoboth is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Street
Reston, Virginia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've heard mixed reviews from friends, but our meal was excellent. I had the sea scallops, my husband had a steak ... both were excellent, quality was first rate with a flare. I would highly recommend.

• Visited September 2013

Germantown, Maryland
“A Wonderful Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We enjoyed a wonderful meal at this quaint "cottage-like" restaurant! The salmon was prepared to perfection!

Visited September 2013
Middletown, New Jersey
“Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I booked a reservation (highly recommended, the place is popular and crowded) during a vacation last week.

There was a bit of a screw up on the reservation (they never returned our call about changing times until we were on the way), but said we would probably be seated in 10 minutes or so, which was the case -- no harm/no foul.

The hostess suggested we have a drink at the bar, so we did. The drinks are STRONG here folks, be forewarned. Had a mojito that knocked my socks off (not complaining, mind you). Also be aware that the bar is a gay bar, if that sort of environment makes you uncomfortable. My wife was one of only two women in there, but no one made us feel uncomfortable or unwelcome.

We were seated, in a corner table that was a little too cozy. My wife and I were bumping knees thoughout the evening. The tables are a little too close for my liking, but I guess that's what you have to do to make money.

Our waiter was friendly, and while not prompt, was prompt enough.

The food is, in a word, sensational. The menu isn't too big, but there were certainly enough and varied choices. There were no specials besides what was on the menu.

I chose duck breast, which was tender, tasty, and served exactly as ordered.

We had a bottle of Gewurtztraminer, always a favorite of mine, but it was a disappointment. My bad. I went with a producer I had never heard of and paid the price.

If you're vacationing or visiting the Rehoboth Beach or Bethany Beach area, give this place a try. One of the best restaurants we visited during our week's stay in the area.

• Visited September 2013
Laurel
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've never had a bad meal or service here. More high end meals which I love. Servers and friendly and knowledgeably. A must try!

• Visited October 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It's all relative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I'm grading by curve here, folks. In a restaurant-rich bigger city, Blue Moon would be a slightly above-average, expensive restaurant. In a beach town like Rehoboth Beach, Blue Moon is a very good, expensive restaurant!

Seating can be uncomfortable, and some tables are WAY too close together, making conversations potentially awkward.

The food is very good, to be sure. Amazingly good? Not really. But let's just say I've never had a bad meal here, and the menu does feature a good mix of fish, seafood and meat dishes.

But bottom line is, the food is reliably well prepared and very good, it's expensive, and seating is tight and sometimes uncomfortably so.

• Visited August 2013