“Surprisingly Good” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Takeout
Takoma Park, Maryland
“Surprisingly Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

It looks like a hole in the wall that might be a step above fast food, but it's anything but. I had the main fish and chips dish--beer-battered fish and fries. The serving was somewhat large but it was so tasty, I finished the whole thing and would've had more if I wasn't so full. My wife had the calamaries and raved about them. Service was outstanding, too. Just a great place to eat.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lewes, Delaware
“Nothing To Brag About At Go Fish”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

For some reason we had the "willies" for fish & chips so we took a little ride to Go Fish in Rehoboth Beach. The inside of the restaurant looked a bit run down and they obviously didn't go out of their way in the decor department. We started off with one of us having a cup of clam chowder and the other having a cup of crab soup. Both of those soups were very good. But, that's where the kudos stop. We each had the fish & chips. The meals were served in a timely manner but the server never came back to see if we wanted another drink. The fish seemed fresh but the batter was kind of greasy after all it was deep fried. Granted we aren't fried food lovers, but we thought we'd give it a try. After eating Go Fish's fish & chips we remembered why we didn't eat deep fried food more often. Actually we thought the meals were a little expensive considering we did leave a little hungry. Would we go back......Hmmmmm I don't think so.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
“Gluten Freindly Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I really enjoy eating here. As someone with a gluten and dairy allergy it's nice knowing I will be able to eat with my friends and family during a meal. I love the big salads with the assorted fresh fish choices. It's not fancy but you'll get a great meal with friendly service. Summer season can mean a long wait, sometimes well over an hour.

Visited July 2012
Ocean City
“Very Good...Then We Got The Tab. Blimey!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'd say about 25% or so overpriced...but still very good.
The portions were large. If you have a craving for classic Fish & Chips this place will easily take care of that. Much better than what the chains serve.
Here's my one tip for you: Believe the hype on their "Sticky Toffee" dessert. Get it. Get two! Just don't leave without sampling this unique concoction. I'm craving one right now.
Lunch for two, sodas and one dessert- $55.00 total (includes our 20% tip. Service was OK.)
I'll recommend it to you - just prepare yourself for a little sticker shock.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fallston, Maryland
“The best fish & chips on this continent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had the fish & chips last evening and the fish was huge, the batter light and perfectly browned, the chips cooked to perfection all served piping hot. The cole slaw was great. We were pleansantly full afterward. I lived in Australia for years and have had really fresh British fish & chips but this rivals anything I had there. Finally, the Key lime pie was also amazing and you get a huge slice. It is not something out of a freezer, but fresh and creamy. I will definitely be back for more of everything. Thank you to the chef for the excellent meal, and the waitress for her friendliness.

Visited January 2013