“The best fish & chips on this continent!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Fallston, Maryland
“The best fish & chips on this continent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had the fish & chips last evening and the fish was huge, the batter light and perfectly browned, the chips cooked to perfection all served piping hot. The cole slaw was great. We were pleansantly full afterward. I lived in Australia for years and have had really fresh British fish & chips but this rivals anything I had there. Finally, the Key lime pie was also amazing and you get a huge slice. It is not something out of a freezer, but fresh and creamy. I will definitely be back for more of everything. Thank you to the chef for the excellent meal, and the waitress for her friendliness.

Visited January 2013

South Brunswick, NJ
“Great little place to get some Fisn 'n Chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Since we found this place, it's a part of our annual trip to Rehoboth Beach every December. The food is good & reasonable. Doubt if we could get in during peak season, but when all the Christmas outlet shoppers are opting for the chain restaurants on the highway, this is the place the locals go. Give it a try.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

After reading so many positive reviews I was happy to see this place is open year round. I arrived at around 2pm and the place was pretty empty so I was seated immediately. I ordered the battered fish and caesar salad (couldn't justify getting chips since I knew I was headed across the street to Thrashers later that day). My order came out quickly, and the portion sizing of the fish wasn't as big as I expected. Perhaps the dinner order is larger - at least I would hope it is given the difference in price.The fried fish was plopped on top of the caesar salad on a small plate so I ate the salad as quickly as possible to spare the bottom of the fish from getting soggy. Despite my most valiant efforts I was not successful and a good part of my fish ended up soggy. Not the smartest plating idea since I couldn't put malt vinegar on the fish without getting it on the salad either. The salad was good, the coleslaw wasn't anything special, and the fish was average. I thought there was far too much batter on the fish and I was slightly let down by the quality of the fish. Perhaps this criticism is a bit harsh but, having lived in England for a year and a half, I've had many many better fish/fish&chips meals, both in random English neighborhoods and domestically in random bars/pubs. On the positive side, service was fast and friendly, there was Sarson's vinegar on the tables, and lots of London tube decor around the cozy little restaurant.

Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Fish & Chips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was looking for a quick lunch and am a big fan of fish and chips. I've tried them in England, Scotland, Canada, and Eastern U.S. Most don't compare to the fish and chips I had in Dover, England--my base-line for comparison. Go Fish came close--nice big piece of fish not overwhelmed with batter and good fries. There was vinegar on the table--in most U.S. restaurants I have to ask for it. Service was prompt and friendly. Underground signs from London made a nice decor. Sound level decent--the group I was with could talk without shouting. New Castle Brown on draft. Only caveat--this was off season. I can't comment on conditions during the height of the summer season.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Closest to England in USA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

There are several imitators, and this one doesn't get it 100% right, but close, to having British style fish and chips. Nice to have a full size piece of fish, like you get in the UK, not the little fish nuggets you get most places in the USA. I think it's just the quality of the fish that is better in the UK.

• Visited August 2012