“A nice brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 252 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Millsboro, DE
“A nice brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went with another couple for Sunday brunch. The meal is pricey but there is a very nice variety...from traditional breakfast foods, several hot entrees, soup, salad, cheese & crackers, seafood, a carving station and many desserts. They will cook omelets the way you want them. When we got there (on a cold, winter afternoon) it wasn't crowded but I heard sometimes you have to wait a long time to get through the food line and to get an omelet cooked. The view is wonderful as you are looking out onto the boardwalk and the beach and ocean. My lack of 5 stars is because the bacon was too soggy and the tables are too close together...making it a bit tricky to get in and out of some seats to head to the buffet.....and also you can hear full conversations from the tables near you. They do have a couple of musicians, so there is nice background piano and bass music. It was a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours and the food was all very tasty. There is a Victorian theme hotel attached and in the off-season they have very good packages....and one time we are determined to stay there for one of them. We have had regular breakfast here on days there is no brunch as well as lunch and we have always loved the decor and the fresh flowers and the talking birds in the hotel lobbby. If you enter the main hotel lobby before going to the restaurant, the door will be opened by a doorman in top hat and tails.......nice touch!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Millsboro
“For A Romantic Evening for Two on the Atlantic Ocean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Plan to stay over at the lovely victorian decorated hotel on the Rehoboth Bch. Boardwalk on the Atlantic Ocean.The restaurant is up-scale,a bit pricy,but certainly worth the visit for a romantic get-away and dinner.They do have packages for valentines day.We have stayed there and had dinner a few times over the years,the antique decor through-out the hotel and restaurant is beautiful.Ocean front room is a bit expensive,but well worth the view.

Baltimore
“Not a good value”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times in the past. This time we paid premium prices for the New Year party. Will never pay for food again. We have food allergies and our only recourse was to skip the meal we had paid for. When we complained upon check-out we were told we should have ordered and paid for room service.

Visited December 2012
Dover, Delaware
“A Christmas to Forget”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Bottomline: $44 per person for mediocre food.

Sorry that this is going to be a long review, but I want to give a complete description to help others make an informed decision before going to this place. We ate there last night (12/25/12).
Part of my negative review is due to the value for the price.

My wife & I live nearby and always wanted to try this quant-looking Rehoboth landmark. We decided to do their Christmas buffet. When making reservations (with a required charge card to prevent no-shows) and told $44 per person, I thought 'this better be one amazing buffet'.
The reality: I felt very ripped-off by the entire experience. If I did not have to give my charge card ahead of time, I would have looked over the buffet and left.

Food: Less-than mediocre for the price. They did have a few 'homestyle' seasonal items such as sausage stuffed mushrooms and a raw-bar of shrimp and oysters. But the majority of items seemed to be a heat-and-serve type of fare. The turkey (from a turkey-breast product) was tough and tasteless.
Very limited salad (a bowl of mixed greens to select from) - for comparison: Ruby Tuesday's salad blows this away.
Deserts: heavy appearance and heavy taste. I got the flour-less chocolate cheesecake - too dense, no chocolate 'kick' and lacking a creamy texture.

Buffet Presentation: Very uninspiring. No creativity. No pizzazz.

Beverages: Iced tea was only slightly tastier than water (included in buffet). BUT, the coffee was very good.
WE WERE CHARGED FOR THE COFFEE! ---> at a $44 per person buffet ?!

Atmosphere: Like eating at your Grandma's (assuming she decorates in heavy victorian style). Lacy tablecloths, ornate dishes, etc. - this creeped me out (but, others may like this).
Service: Excellent and the only reason why I did not give it a 1-star rating.

I can see this experience appealing to those who yearn for those days of yesteryear for a traditional family gathering. The food is secondary to the event.
But for us, we will pass on ever eating here again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Holiday buffet huge with great variety. Food is well prepared and extensive variety to choose from. Wait staff is so efficient.

Visited November 2012