“Great location for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holly Haven

Holly Haven
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Holly Haven
You added Holly Haven to your Saves list
15 Brooklyn Ave, Rehoboth Beach, DE   |
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great location for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We booked this place for a girls weekend, and I have to admit, after reading reviews online, I was very nervous. Luckily for us, we had a great time. The house is less than a block from the beach and boardwalk and has off-street parking. The location was so convenient that we were willing to look past going down two flights of stairs to use the outdoor shower. The showers are outside. There are two stalls that are clean and have locks on the doors. There is a roof over the showers, so no worries about privacy. We regretted not bringing our own towels, because the towels provided barely covered our torsos, and we are not large people. If we stay there again, I will bring a bathrobe to walk to and from the shower. Every floor has a powder room that is shared between four rooms. We never had to wait to use the bathroom.The house was very clean, if a little out-dated. It felt like spending the weekend at an older relatives home. The owner is very sweet and helpful, and keeps to herself. The front porch is lovely. You can sit outside on the rocking chairs and relax, or play board games at the tables.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Luray, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Decent looking place but very small and loud if you're on the first floor. There was a lot of noise from the main house in the morning and in the day time, and foot steps and tap dancing (I guess!) coming from the room above me early in the morning. The shower is outside, and at the time I was there, it didn't have a roof. So if you're okay with posing in the nude for 2nd floor guests while getting ready for the day, this is the place to be. For me, it was not. I also felt some hostility from the owner, who seemed overly focused on my life style, which had apsolutely nothing to do with her. Based on my experience, I won't stay there again. Too many other places to spend my extremely hard earned cash where it's as appreciated the same as I feel I should be as a customer, and where biases don't glare.

Room Tip: Free entertainment on 2nd floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Owings, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My family has stayed at Holly Haven every year since we first met Bill and Haide 12 years ago. We would not consider staying anywhere else. We rent the apartment, 2 large bedrooms a loft kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The parking is ample. The main house has a wonderful porch for watching the day go by.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holly Haven? Share your experiences!