“Ok, but other places are better” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Delaware
“Ok, but other places are better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I had dinner there the other night after getting a discount coupon. Pluses - the crabcakes were very good (full of lump crab meat and seasoned very nicely), garlic mashed potatoes were very good, and server was polite & attentive. Negatives - my NY strip was not of the quality I expected at these prices and not properly cooked at first (very gristly, not very good flavor, get way better quality at a chain), no bread was offered, and I was charged more than the listed menu price for a dish. We might give it another try one day for appetizers as some of those sounded pretty good, or on their special rib night since other diners have given it good reviews, but other than that would not plan to return for dinner because there are just so many other places in the area that have better food at comparable prices.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

45% Recommend
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“At RB, you can do so much better than here...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The kids wanted a change, so we tried Old Bay. Like the menu, the overall dining experience is average, at best. The service was OK, but the restaurant was empty during our off-season visit so it's not like the place was hopping. My hat is off to the diner who previously raved about the crab dip. I've tried about every crap dip in the local area and this is the worst thus far. It tastes much more like salty cheese than like crab. We barely touched the dish and our server made no offer to remove it from the bill, so lesson learned. We all chose the rib special and I agree that their sauce is fantastic. Unfortunately, something about the meal didn't agree with us. Let's just say that it was the longest three hour trip home ever. Maybe ours was an isolated incident, but why take the risk when there are so many better places to dine in the area?

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Warrenton, Virginia, United States
“Very good. A lot of food for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went there for a late lunch/early dinner. The service was grat and the food was very good. My friend got the seafood alfredo and it was loaded with shrimp and the sauce was excellent. I should have gone for a seafood dish that day, but I had the hamburger which was good. Try this place and you will not be disapointed.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Highland Lakes, New Jersey
“Nice for a casual dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We started with apps at the bar - Ribs and Shrimp - both were very good.

For dinner my wife had the Fresh Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes:
Broiled Maryland crab cakes with Dijon cream and two sides

I enjoyed the Trout special

Casual atmosphere. Our server was excellent.

Give OB a try, you will not be disappointed

• Visited November 2012
Millsboro, Delaware
“Exceptional ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We went to Old Bay because someone gave us a gift certificate. The crab dip appetizer was outstanding. I ordered half rack of ribs and a crab cake. The ribs were among the very best I have ever had. (Corner Stable in Baltimore is THE best!). They were very meaty and tender. Bourbon sauce was very sweet and tasty. Service was excellent and staff was very friendly and helpful. The happy hour crowd in the bar was a bit noisy, but that could be a plus or minus depending on your personality type. Not a plus for me. All things considered...it was very good. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited December 2012