“Very good. A lot of food for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Warrenton, Virginia, United States
“Very good. A lot of food for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went there for a late lunch/early dinner. The service was grat and the food was very good. My friend got the seafood alfredo and it was loaded with shrimp and the sauce was excellent. I should have gone for a seafood dish that day, but I had the hamburger which was good. Try this place and you will not be disapointed.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

45% Recommend
Highland Lakes, New Jersey
“Nice for a casual dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We started with apps at the bar - Ribs and Shrimp - both were very good.

For dinner my wife had the Fresh Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes:
Broiled Maryland crab cakes with Dijon cream and two sides

I enjoyed the Trout special

Casual atmosphere. Our server was excellent.

Give OB a try, you will not be disappointed

• Visited November 2012
Millsboro, Delaware
“Exceptional ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We went to Old Bay because someone gave us a gift certificate. The crab dip appetizer was outstanding. I ordered half rack of ribs and a crab cake. The ribs were among the very best I have ever had. (Corner Stable in Baltimore is THE best!). They were very meaty and tender. Bourbon sauce was very sweet and tasty. Service was excellent and staff was very friendly and helpful. The happy hour crowd in the bar was a bit noisy, but that could be a plus or minus depending on your personality type. Not a plus for me. All things considered...it was very good. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited December 2012
Milton, Delaware
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Just save your money and your time and go to Irish Eyes! This place was terrible..waited over 30min for cold nasty crab dip .then another 30min for our dinner (chicken and chicken fingers). I never complain about restaurants but this place was over-priced and we waited forever for our food (which was terrible) and it wasn't even busy in there! Never again ..too many good places to eat down here

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Superb customer service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had the Jalapeno Chicken Alfred and my friend had the Cornflake Crusted Honey-Orange Glazed chicken. The salads preceding the meal were fresh and the selection of salad dressings was different - I always like to try the local special dressing. Mine was the Caesar vinaigrette which was excellent. My dish was excellent - creamy and cheesey.

My friend's chicken dish was rubbery - it was cooked but the texture was almost bouncy. As we were eating a young man was moving through the dining room asking how the meals were and after explaining her concern, he immediately offered to replace the dish with another and took it back to the kitchen. The manager also came over to talk to us and both of us were thrilled at the excellent customer service - having our concern acknowledged and corrected immediately with a smile is the perfect customer service experience.

During the meal (the replacement dish was excellent) our drinks were refilled quickly, and the fresh rolls served tasted like yeast rolls my grandmother used to bake. The food was excellent overall.

As we were leaving, the young man we initially spoke with explained the problem was with the piece of chicken being too thick, requiring extra time in the oven which resulted in the rubbery texture. He thanked us for allowing them to fix the problem and prevent other diners from being served the rubbery chicken.

The waitress was also superb, and when we asked her opinion regarding the various choices was happy to provide her input for several options.

Visited November 2012