“Best restaurant, hands down” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
a(MUSE) is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 235 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between 1st & 2nd
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Best restaurant, hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I have been dining at a(muse) since it's opening. It's our favorite restaurant and our go-to whenever we have out of town guests visiting us. I could eat here everyday and never tire of chef Hari's genius culinary creations. If you have the time, you should try the 11 course tasting.....it will knock your socks off. There is no restaurant quite like this in Rehoboth Beach.....and none that even come close. The menu is fun and creative....and it changes constantly. Ingredients are local and seasonal.....some are even foraged by the chef himself! The wine list and specialty cocktails are superb. The servers are super friendly and very knowledgeable. If you want a fantastic culinary experience...this is the place. Go to a(muse)! You will not be disappointed!!

New Jersey
“Truly Exceptional!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

a(Muse.) was quite frankly the best meal I have ever experienced. I dined outside on a beautiful mid-September night which started off with a summer white sangria. The olive oil for their bread basket was wonderful. But I truly went to heaven with the most fabulous dish I have ever encountered the potted chicken, the salad with greens and heirloom tomatoes in a wonderful dressing that consisted of frozen powdered ranch dressing, the soft shell crab with arugula was out of this world and to put the icing on the cake a wonderful toad in the whole a perfect gbd brioche toast with a perfect egg in the middle served with old bay gelee. It was truly a perfect dinner and evening. Thank you a(Muse.)

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Blown Away!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

OK, we had our share of oysters in Rehoboth which were fresh but all the other food we ate was so so. Well, that was until we found a(MUSE). This place has the most amazing creations. The only restaurant I can compare it to is Eleven Madison. I kid you not. The flavors were spot on and combined by a master's hand. The flavors are sharp and not muddy. Clean and fresh flavors combined to perfection. We had already eaten seafood that night so were somewhat full but not in a good way. An art museum owner suggested a(MUSE) as his favorite in town so we went hoping to redeem the night. As we sat down my husband said he only wanted a drink because he was too full to eat anymore. So I ordered sunshine soap, a gnocchi dish with fresh foraged mushrooms and peaches and cream for dessert. After my first bite I convinced my husband to at least try a tiny bit of all 3. Well he immediately got his appetite back and we licked those 3 plates clean. Amazing food!!! NYC high end food in Rehoboth. Made me so happy. I thought the prices were very low for the talent on my plate. If I lived closer(I am from Pittsburgh) I would eat there every week. This restaurant should be on the top 100 of the country and definitely on the top 10 new restaurants in the country next year. I had just eaten at Battersby in Brooklyn a few weeks before(on this years top 10) and this was just as good if not better. I wish them the best because I will be back next year and want to eat there again. All of my senses thank you. xo

washington dc
“Sophisticated for Rehoboth Beach DEL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I stumbled on this restaurant and were surprised, frankly, at the sophistication of the food, presentation and service. Though there are pockets of fun, refined food establishments in RB [and have been for some time], it is, after all, a beach town and most places cater to the fast-food, pizza loving crowd [maybe some crab lovers] - let's face it. So it's always a pleasure to find a new place where one can eat well here. The chef is truly an innovator trying out of the ordinary ingredients and pairing opposing tastes. I found it worked, my husband was less enamored - the waiter was more than able to describe the dishes in detail [which is a must so you know what you're ordering.] The menu changes frequently so I won't go into what we ate - most is locally sourced [even foraged, our waiter proudly told us].
The decor is nice, very industrial, with an ingenious touch esp the bar/resto separation. Music was good but seemed to get louder as the evening progressed. It was not crowded when we were there but with all the metal [including the ceiling], plan on the decibel level being high when it is.
Probably not a good place to bring children [teens either], as another reviewer noted. All in all, though, DIFFERENT and fun, all be it maybe a little too too for RB [?]

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Delaware
“The chef has his heart in the right place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've eaten at many great restaurants throughout Rehoboth over the years, and a(muse) is definitely one of Rehoboth's finest. Be aware that this place is not for everyone, and there will be people who like nothing on the menu. It's not a place to take the kids I imagine, unless they have developed an apetite for sweetbread. Dishes at a(muse) are quite different, but in a genuinely creative and artistic way. I'll admit, I had a couple dishes that were so-so and a couple that were great. The great dishes were fantastic. The so-so dishes had a good bite, then a bad bite, then a good bite, then a bad bite...But only because my palet is not as refined and sophisticated as others might be...I can understand that. What is absolutely clear after one visit, is that the chef and owner has his heart in the right place. I hope he keeps following his heart, because he will be very successful in the end. Kudos!

• Visited August 2012