“One of our regular stops” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 31 Shopping in Rehoboth Beach
Germantown, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“One of our regular stops”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

As we're down in Rehoboth at least once a month, this is the one place we NEVER miss. It's my kids favorite place at the beach...books, toys, things for your house....a great and unique combination. They do benefit from really being the only book store in the area.

Visited July 2013

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“so many things to check out in this place, grand kids loved the Thomas selections”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

huge, books of all kinds, great place to get some fun things also. We love stopping in here on all our trips.

Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Best Bookstore Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I always make a point every time i visit Rehoboth to stop at this bookstore. It is never a 5 minute browse. I usually get caught up in the atmosphere. There is so much to look at and explore. You are never made to feel like you have overstayed your welcome. They have great merchandise. The best thing lately is that they gave more room in the beach decoration area so you are not knocking over stuff. Love it.

Visited April 2013
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“customer service needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I like to support independent bookstores because I know it can be difficult to compete with the big chains and the online book sellers. Staff here are never rude but they do not go out of their way to be helpful either. If I cannot find something and ask, they more or less say well if it wasn't there we don't have it. Often they will not offer to help you look and I have never been asked if I would like them to see if they can get it. I am referring to books and magazines, not their gift shop section. I think the reason they stay in business is that there is no competition nearby. I wish there were.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank clabbers
Bethany Beach, DE
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“This is a bookstore squared”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Constantly upgrading his inventory, Steve, the owner, has created an eclectic tourist and local destination of merit. Aside from the fine books displayed for sale, the focus is uniquely on local and regional interests. The toys for all ages are imaginary. The regionally branded items are unique. There seems to be an unlimited number of shelving units (acquired from closed bookstore buyouts) stocked with miscl. merchandise worth looking over. The food/coffee bar with limited seating is pleasant. Showing all this stuff for sale in a low temperature, non-pushy setting is refreshing. You could hang around all day just looking at the shoppers and no one on the friendly staff would bother you. Its a great chill-out place to spend some quality time. Even if you don't read books.

Visited November 2012