“Great Mexican food, good sangria” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Mexican food, good sangria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Love this place. They make a great sangria, loaded with fruit and they always give you a big pour. The Mahi Mahi tacos are terrific, filled with juicy fish, and crispy slaw. Try eating/drinking on the upper deck, it's very pleasant up there with the lights at night.

Aspers, Pennsylvania
“Cabo Muy Excelente!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stopped in at the Tequila bar for a drink during happy hour. Danny was as good as it gets for a bartender! He was happy to explain all about Tequilas- they have 37 brands and over 100 kinds. We had some street corn- a phenomenal bargain at happy hour on Fridays- 10 cents each!
We were so impressed with the service and decor- and menu, that we came back for dinner the next night. We had the pork and salmon- both of which were excellent. I might also mention the house special Pina cocktail. Muddled basil and pineapple- it was very good and not overly sweet. They even took a coupon that we had which I realized later was for the wrong night! We really enjoyed our meal here- you will too.

Wilmington, Delaware
“Good Apps”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was surprised because the reviews I read here were pretty grim but I thought the food was good. We had 3 apps and they were very nice. But the sangria was awful, I would have thought a James Beard chef was beyond serving bad anything but I guess not. Service was attentive and pleasant.

Hockessin, Delaware
“There are many better options in Rehoboth than Cabo”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We dined at Cabo on a Saturday evening in August, and although that is normally a very busy time for Rehoboth restaurants, only three inside tables in Cabo were occupied. The drinks were fine and our server was fairly responsive, but the food was awful. I ordered the pollo asado, a moderately priced entree at $16, but when it arrived the chicken (a very small flattened breast) was overcooked almost to a char on one side and it was served on an appetizer plate with only some white rice and beans. The corn empanada and chipotle-tomato puree promised on the menu were nowhere to be found, nor did it come with tortillas or even any kind of garnish. When I asked about the missing items, I was told that the kitchen had run out of the empanada but that the server could bring some puree. My wife's meal was also missing the sauce listed on the menu. I sent my entree back (which I almost never do) and ordered the fish tacos. They came out promptly, but were only average. Overall, it was a bad experience and we do not plan to return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Poolesville, Maryland
“Good place just needs a little improvement on the menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Enjoyed our meal at Cabo but the menu could have had a little bit more choices. The chef just needs to add to the already nice selection. Great prickly pear magaritas! Very original.

Visited August 2013