We stayed two midweek nights, and we selected this B&B based on TripAdvisor's #1 ranking.
The positives include:
- Location, 1/2 block from the beach (though an especially crowded portion of it)
- Free loaner beach chairs, umbrellas, and towels (which we took to the much quieter Delaware Beach State Park, a few miles south)
- Helpful, friendly hosts (even to schlepping bags upstairs for us)
- On-site free parking (street parking is very expensive)
- Comfortable bed (king-size in our case, although queen would have been adequate)
- Very clean and well maintained
- Pleasant porch for breakfast
Not so great:
- Weekday breakfasts, which were almost entirely store-bought items and less elaborate than at some chain motels. Banana jam was labeled as homemade; freshly baked bread (though probably from frozen dough) was offered one morning; and, hard cooked eggs (yolk tending to black) were available--these, plus coffee, were all that were made in-house. It wasn't bad, but I am used to B&Bs (in Rehoboth and elsewhere) where the second "B" is as important as the first.
- Although our third floor room was large, the sloping ceiling reduced usable space. Further, lots of floor space was taken up by tchotchkes, including a large plant with widely spread leaves. There was, as a result, no proper place for suitcases and other bags, which had to be left out on the floor. I tripped over one, fortunately with just a minor abrasion resulting.
- They only provide one hand towel for two people, and (like other hotels) they ask you to reuse towels for "ecological" reasons. However, they do not provide adequate rack space to spread out two wet bath towels and wash cloths, so they can dry in a reasonable amount of time.
To sum up, This is a perfectly adequate B&B for a short stay, but I am hard pressed to believe that it is really the best one in Rehoboth Beach.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Lighthouse Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Lighthouse Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a 1/2 block to the beautiful Atlantic Ocean, four rooms and one cottage available for rental with a nautical beach atmosphere. All rooms have private bathrooms, AC, heat, remote controlled fireplace, direct-TV, DVD/VCR, Sonny radio with CD player, in-room refrigerator, videos, free parking, a quiet patio with fountain, complimentary wireless Internet access and upon request, a 40-minute complimentary Thermal Acupressure Massage on our Chi Bed. For the beach we provide free chairs, umbrella, towels, cooler and ice. Wine and cheese served on Saturdays in Season. ... more less