“total disappointment” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Kingston, New York
“total disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My friend and I recently stayed 5 nights at the Sandcastle motel. Having traveled many years to near beach locations, in many cities and states, this was one of the worst. The carpet in our room was filthy, no microwave, no coffee machine, dark creepy hallways and stairwells, no refill on soap shampoo, etc.Daily cleaning of the room was making the beds and providing clean towels. I myself cleaned the fingerprints off a picture that was hanging in our room. Worst of all was the lack of security. Anyone could walk off the streets and enter the hallways ( however if we could see them would be questionable).I took great care to secure my my cosmetics and medications however upon returning home and unpacking, I discovered that a full prescription of an anti anxiety medication was missing. I did notify the motel and was told they would let the supervision know. The positive was definitely the location and the staff where helpful and polite. This hotel was was not worth the money we paid by any means.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

First off, the pros to this motel are without question the location, whether you are heading to the beach or any of the various shops and restaurants in the area, they are all within a few blocks. The staff was another plus. My wife arrived in the early morning hours after a very long drive and they allowed us to check in early, a major plus and got us off on the right foot. Everyone was very pleasant and accommodating throughout our stay, no complaints at all. Anyone who spends any time in Rehoboth will also tell you that parking can be a complete nightmare, so having a parking garage was a major plus...

The only real "con" was the cost. However, I would state that with the caveat that its Rehoboth, its not cheap anywhere, and generally speaking, the Sandcastle was one of the cheaper options available. Lets just say it was a tad expensive for what you got...I will say that the rooms were relatively clean (none of the problems other reviews have stated) so this was not a problem. Was not real appreciative of the low-life types dropping ashes and cigarette butts down from their balconies, but I guess thats what you can expect from certain people.

You are next to a fire station also. So be prepared for a siren to go off from time to time, it will wake you up lol...

The Sandcastle Motel is certainly not the Hilton, but after spending several days here, I can tell you that it is a decent choice if you are unable to afford some of the more expensive hotels and B&B's in town. My wife and I were looking for a place to lay our heads after nights on the town, and a place to shower after days on the beach, nothing more nothing less. If this is what you have in mind, you will be all good. If you are looking for top rate hotel with all the extras...go elsewhere.

Duck Key, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The motel was a dump! Crudd in the bath, paint peeling off dismal hall walls, creepy elevator, hair on pillows......gave us creeps. But...they don't mind charging high rent for all this crap. Tearing it down would be the only way to improve this flea bag.

Room Tip: Don't stay!
Ellicott City, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Pros: The location is great and right in the heart of Rehoboth Beach. It's very convenient to great restaurants, local shops and just a few blocks to the beach.

Cons: The hotel is outdated, and the beds aren't very comfortable. The hotel is located right next to a municipal building that runs a very loud test siren daily.

West Pittston, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My children and I have been staying at this motel for 3 years and we absolutely love it. We would not stay anywhere else. It is cozy and quaint and everything we need. The staff has always been nothing but polite to us and the cleaning personnel do a wonderful job. I have never seen any bugs in the room as I have read in other reviews. We love our home away from home!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cullman, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Please do yourself the pleasure of NOT staying at this 'mold' filled property.No a/c in hallways, dead roachs under table in bedroom, rate was $260 plus for the free coffee(one container in lobby); and elevator no a/c. Indoor pool is not sanitary.Don't ask me about the 'meeting room'.
I would not return if it was Free.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

-The Motel is very well located, offers free parking and a friendly staff.
-Standard 1980's feel
-The rooms are very aged, but "You get what you pay for"
-Walls are thin, luckily you can drown out the sound with the A/C.
-Has FREE coffee in the lobby.
-Has FREE parking
-Has FREE wifi.

Room Tip: -I would NOT recommend a corner room with balcony, as the balcony backs up to the staircase and ever...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandcastle Motel? Share your experiences!