“Awesome Experience at the Avenue Inn II” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Inn & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Avenue Inn & Spa
You added Avenue Inn & Spa to your Saves list
33 Wilmington Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Dallas, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Experience at the Avenue Inn II”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Avenue Inn II with 5 15 year olds. I was a bit nervous I must admit. I am accustomed to only 5 star hotels in my travels and had agreed to take my children and their friends as a treat. This hotel had great reviews and the price was fair, so I went for it. Well, to say the least, it was marvelous. Our room overlooked Rehoboth Avenue and was one block from the beach. The room was extremely clean and the staff was absolutely amazing. They provided all the essentials needed for the beach such as towels and chairs. Lou was the best. Although we were only a block from the beach, carrying all of our necessities would have been a pain. Lou met us everyday and drove us down in the golf cart. He gave us his number to call him when we were ready to come back. The staff was more than accommodating to all of us. Housekeeping was amazing. The kids looked forward to their 8:00pm cookies, said they were delicious. Thank you to all for making it a memorable trip for my kids. I have 15 year old twins and they are already bugging me to go back in August......

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I have been going to the Avenue Inn for years now. with our friends and their two young daughters. The recent revovations on the first floor are beautiful, and make breakfast in the morning much more comfortable, and exercising easier. The rooms are very well-appointed and comfortable. The golf cart rides to the beach are helpful if you are carrying a lot, and Lew was so friendly! The front desk staff were always courteous, even when confronted by a rude guest. And the chocolate chip cookies in the evening are the perfect touch for the end of the day. We love it, and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Getting a room that looks out on Reoboth Avenue is great for people watching!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Before booking a room at Avenue Inn, I spent hours on various websites researching hotels in Rehobeth Beach. This was my first time in Rehobeth and I wanted to enjoy my experience. While I am not the type to stay in the hotel for long while I'm on vacation, I like a place that is clean and pleasing to the eye.

My weekend getaway was planned at the last minute and Avenue Inn was one of the few places that had rooms available for a decent price. Plus the reviews were very positive. I booked the Jr. King Luxury room. Their website has a video of each room, so it gives you an idea of what to expect.

After booking my room, a coworker of mine who had been to Rehobeth Beach on numerous occasions informed me that I booked the right hotel for the location and the overall quality of the lodging. When we arrived in Rehobeth, I was more than pleased with the location.

Checking in was simple. I wasn't exactly pleased with one of the front desk employees there. My wife and I were traveling with our 6 month old son, and she made it a point to tell me that the room we were staying in was for two people only. She even brought up some nonsense about insurance and fire codes. I'm thinking to myself, does she expect me to get a room with two beds for a 6 month old baby? I kept my cool and explained to her that I informed Anna, who originally took my reservation, that I would be bringing a baby with me and that we had our own pack-n-play.

Aside from my check in experience with that particular employee, I enjoyed my stay at Avenue Inn. They provide one parking space per room. There are three floors to this hotel. Our room was located on the third floor. This was very convenient as the pool, sauna, hot tub and outdoor deck are also located on the third floor.

The balcony overlooked Rehobeth Avenue. When it was time to sleep, I had no problem whatsoever. Once the balcony door was shut, the noise from outside was virtually nonexistent.

The only negative thing about the room in my opinion was the positioning of the air conditioner. It is located at foot level directly on the side of the bed. When the air would come on at night, it would blow directly on me. I spent most of the night covering up once the blower came on and uncovering once it went off. I've been to plenty of hotels where the AC unit is in a low location near the bed, but usually the vents are facing the ceiling.

The location of the hotel is great. It is one block away from the beach and right around the corner from Rehobeth Avenue, which is live at all times during the day. Rehobeth Avenue is also where the various eateries and shops are located. The hotel is also a 10 minute drive away from the Tanger Outlets for those looking to do some shopping.

Overall, I will definitely stay here again and I recommend it to anyone looking to vacation in Rehobeth Beach.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chevy Chase, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is the third summer I've stayed here with my mom and once again we had a perfect stay. All the staff continue to be friendly and helpful. The public space on the first floor was recently renovated and it is spacious and welcoming. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the amenities make one's stay as good as it can get. Centrally located, the hotel offers beach and pool towels, beach chairs, a shuttle to/from the boardwalk, breakfast buffet, wine and cheese in the early evening and warm cookies to close your day (or start if off if you're heading out). We're already thinking about our return next year.

Columbia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family has stayed at The Avenue for the past three years and we look forward to many more. The location is great, the staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean and well-kept, and the prices are reasonable. The first floor has recently been renovated and the results are beautiful. This hotel is much nicer than other comparably priced beach hotels and its amenities can't be beat. Kudos to everyone who made our stay so pleasant.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My mom, sister and I go for a shopping weekend in Rehoboth each summer and every year we've stayed at the Avenue Inn. It's such a great hotel and now with the beautiful renovations to their main lobby and dining area, it's an even better hotel! The new boutique feel is a wonderful addition to their fabulous amenities like a delicious complimentary hot breakfast each day, happy hour and fresh cookies each night! Its in an excellent location for the beach and for shopping. The rooms are spacious, we had a great view overlooking Rehoboth Avenue. We will continue to go back every year.

Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

If you stay anywhere else in Rehoboth, you must be crazy! The Avenue Inn is the friendliest, cleanest and overall the best choice to stay. We have been staying here for several years now. None of the boardwalk hotels can compare. The location is perfect. Mary Lou is always very helpful and friendly! The pool and hot tub are awesome. I want everyone to know how great this place really is! We'll be back in 2014!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Avenue Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!