“Recent visit to Rehoboth Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Inn & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Avenue Inn & Spa
You added Avenue Inn & Spa to your Saves list
33 Wilmington Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Recent visit to Rehoboth Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Avenue Inn was a very good choice for our recent stay in Rehoboth. The rooms and amenities were well kept and clean. We stayed for 3 nights and had a room change during the stay which was painless. We left our belongings in the front of the room and went for breakfast and the staff moved everything for us and had us in our new spot by noon.

Overall, we were very satisfied with our stay. The only areas of improvement we could see while being there was for the front desk to have 2 people during checkout and breakfast voucher times. The front desk was very busy with checkouts, breakfast vouchers, multiple calls at the same time, etc. The front desk person did the best they could, but from a customer service perspective, I think the hotel could provide better customer service if they have someone to focus on phone calls as well as face to face customers during that time frame.

The second and last issue we faced during our stay was the use of electronic cigarettes at the hotel. When we checked in we asked about these and were advised they were not allowed. During our stay we found that others were using this product in the hotel. We then questioned again about this, and were advised they would check on this and get back to us, but we never did hear back to get a definitive answer yes or no. Thinking this issue could be addressed on the website so it is addressed and presented with exact guidelines as regular cigarette smoking is.

We will definitely be back when we visit again. We were still 100% satisfied even though we thought of some possibilities for improvement over an already happy experience :) :) :) :)

Room Tip: During our stay due to renovations, the hotel offered us breakfast coupons to Sammy's or Corner...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

On our first visit to Rehoboth Beach, we were delighted with the short walk to the beach and to the delightful shops and restaurants in the area. We received many excellent tips from the cheerful and friendly staff. You can't go wrong at Avenue Inn & Spa.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rahway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is the fourth year my girlfriends and i have traveled to Rehoboth and our third time staying at the Avenue Inn and Spa and we can't to go back!!! Rooms are good but service is what gives this place the edge. They not only give you chairs for the beach, they give you a ride to the beach on their golf cart and then pick you up. Got a tour of the "almost completed" new lobby and lounge area - cannot wait for our return trip. Not sure if we can wait until next May!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Avenue Inn and Spa was the a great choice for our Memorial Day Weekend getaway. We were right in the heart of downtown Rehoboth and only 2 blocks from the beach. We were a short walk from restaurants, shopping and the boardwalk. The hotel rooms have been updated within the past few years with new furniture and decor (they are currently renovating their lobby). Great choice for a weekend trip to the beach!

Salem, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Even with the renovations taking place at the Avenue Inn this year, we still had a wonderful stay thanks to the efforts of the staff and management. We were given a pass to the Body Works since the fitness room is under construction; the amount of the breakfast voucher increased to $7.50 per person to be used at one of two restaurants, which meant we only had to pay pennies for breakfast each morning; the free 1 hour bike rental from Atlantic Cycles was in effect again this year and we even had a concert by the pool provided by a cello and violin player who were on a layover between gigs. Although the lobby and check-in area had been relocated to the second floor, there was very little disruption from the normal 5 star accommodations we've always received at the Avenue.

Room Tip: For people watching and the scenic view, choose the Rehoboth Avenue side. If you prefer a more peace...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been staying at this great little place for a number of years, and have never been disappointed. I have stayed here with family, friends,as a couple and solo.
Great customer service, the place is clean and well kept.
I especially love the 'spa' amennities! The indoor stainless steel pool, just off the deck, makes it possible to swim anytime, no matter what the weather is; the hot tub on the deck is large....and I adore the steam room (a perk that is very rare).
The breakfast and evening wine & cheese and late night cookies are such a nice touch!
I will always return to Rehoboth...and won't think of staying anywhere else but at this gem!
A Lucky Traveller!

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Avenue Inn at least once or twice a year for the past 7 years. I really love the home feeling and the traditional touches of continental breakfast, cookies and the wine and cheese. When I visited recently in April I was told ahead of time that the renovations to the lobby were not complete. I also thought that construction would not be heavy on the weekends, so I kept my reservation. In retrospect I think I would have gone to their other site The Beach View Motel and here are some reasons why. Although the lobby was cleverly moved to the 2nd floor, if you had never been here before you would have been confused because there were not enough signs to guide you in. Also, because they had need for an access for the construction crew to get in and work, there were no security locks on the door that leads to the "lobby" from the 'Night Owl" door. Anyone could get into the building and go up the stairs to our rooms. This was not acceptable to me even though the clerks were very courteous in their explanation of this problem. Again, if you had never been to the Avenue Inn before, you would not really have had adequate signs telling what doors led to which street exits. The 'Night Owl" door has precarious steps with no rails on the sides that would be a nightmare for some people with special needs. Last point, if you have allergies, the dust was terrible entering in and leaving if you had to use the elevator from the main floor. The alternative might be to go to the garage basement and take the elevator from there to avoid dust or use stairs all the time. So, if you love the Avenue Inn like I do, you might be willing to forego all the above mentioned. If not, wait until they post the good news online that renovations are finished. I for one look forward to staying again next year when everything is done. In closing, I commend the desk staff and housekeeping staff, that means you too Jim! They do a wonderful job. As for you Alex Moore, COO & President, I sent my concerns to you in writing a month ago and you never replied. Best wishes to you all in the upcoming summer season.

Room Tip: Don't choose rooms directly across from pool on 3rd floor if noise bothers you. Ask about which...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
First I want to thank you for your many years of choosing to stay with us at the Avenue. You, and our many many repeat guests like you are the reason we are improving the hotel with our renovation project. Next I want to apologize for not being able to give you the stay you expected. Additionally I want to apologize for not replying to your commnet card. I review all of our comments cards from all of our hotels and reply to a number of them but did not to yours in a timely manner.
In a perfect world the project would have been completed as projected by our contractor back on May 15. Unfortunately we hit some obstacles earl;y on in the work that put us back three weeks. We knew it would not be a perfect scenario operating with construction going on and not being able to deliver the same experience our guests such as yourself are used to while staying with us. We have tried to get out in front of issues we knew would be the big problems for our guests, some we caught and some we missed. When an issue came up we addressed it as best as possible.
We are now two weeks away from completion. No one in our organization wants to be finished this job as much as me. I am very excited about how the job is turning out and I am very excited for our guests to start enjoying the improvements. I know you will love it when you come back to stay with us again. Again thank you for your business and for taking the time to let me know about your stay with us.
Cheers,
Alex Moore
President & COO
Avenue Inn/ Seaboard Hotels

Been to Avenue Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!