“Up to Date and Very Clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Inn & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Avenue Inn & Spa
33 Wilmington Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #1 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Elkton, Maryland
“Up to Date and Very Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

The entire hotel is very up to date and extremely clean. I often see rooms (especially in beach locations) that are in dire need of updating. The minor details of the rooms from the carpet, tastefull decor, "California knockdown" drywall finish, fireplace, jacuzzi to the crown moldings make you want to remodel at least one room in your own home to similar standards. The breakfast, wine & cheese and cookies and hot beverages are nice extra benefits to take advantage of. Don't forget to recognize the cleaning staff with a tip for doing such an excellent job of keeping the hotel in top shape. We had a very good overall experience. The only thing to note is that sound from the third floor pool, hallways, stairways and rooms does travel. We happened to visit during a busy spring break week when the hotel occupancy was full. We shared our concerns with the staff who were more than happy to do what they could to make our stay more comfortable. They offered another room and transferred our luggage. Every staff member we encountered were very friendly and truly appeared to be happy to work in this nice hotel.

Room Tip: Consider requesting a room on the second floor away from the pool and stairs if sound outside of the...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Thank you for noticing the improvements we make to keep the Avenue fresh and inviting. We recognize the importance of always presenting an exceptionally clean and well furnished hotel and we want to show that we appreciate our customers by invcesting back in the hotel. Our goal is to be #1 on Tripadvisor so we work ahrd everyday to present the very best hotel experience in Rehoboth. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review the Avenue.

1,005 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Westfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We have stayed here before. Loved it, so we went back again. The only thing I would change...is to make the last hour the pool is open for ADULTS ONLY!! Maybe even dim the lights a little. When we stayed there, we had gone out and had a wonderful dinner. Came back to our room, got changed and thought we would have a nice end to our evening with a glass (Plastic cup!) of wine, in the hot tub. Not so! There were 4 kids in the hot tub and pool..who took the place over!! Thier mothers sat there and did NOTHING. Not asking much----just the last hour!!!Oh well!......................We will go back again sometime soon I hope! Great location--we parked our car when we got there, and never moved it again till, we checked out.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I took a weekend trip to rehoboth beach for our 10 year anniversary. I know nothing about this area aside from it being a really fun beach town. After poring through reviews upon reviews, Avenue Inn won me over.

The customer service at this hotel is wonderful. They are welcoming, helpful and down to earth. Our room was the king suite with balcony. It was a good size and it was nice to sit out and just read.

Breakfast was better than we had expected. Just trust me on this!

To add to the quaint vibe of the hotel, they have wine in the evenings followed by chocolate chip cookies, freshly baked. It was really nice to look forward to when we returned from our day out.

The pool was on our floor and was very, very clean. The jacuzzi however was a bit old, but it was outside so that was nice. If they get a brand new one, I'm sure it would be hard to get a spot. Also, the gym isn't the most high tech, if you're a runner like me, run outdoors.

I cannot wait to go back to Rehoboth Beach and definitely to stay here. It's the perfect location that truly feels like a home away from home.

Stayed March 2012
Thank you for choosing the Avenue while searching for a hotel in Rehoboth, I am happy you found us and grateful for your business and the kind words in your review. We are indeed replacing the hot tub and in fact it wont be as tough to get a spot as it is quite a bit larger. It went on the deck today and should be up and running by this weekend, I hope! Additionally we will be replacing some of the exercise equipment soon. Let us know what you think of the changes after your next visit which we hope will be soon.
Avenue Inn / seaboard Hotels
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I love staying at Avenue Inn. The staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. The rooms and lobby are beautiful and comfortable. I first stayed here because I was looking for a place in Rehobeth in the off season that had an indoor pool, and the Avenue did. It also has an outdoor hot tub on a relatively secluded deck off the pool room. The pool room is the one place I would say is a little shabby, but it's still refreshing to go for a dip in the evening before bed. The 5-o-clock wine hour is a great segway to dinner at one of the many restaurants that are within easy walking distance. In fact, everything worth seeing is within easy walking distance of the Avenue. I will definitely stay here again when in Rehoboth.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
We are grateful for your continued business when visiting Rehoboth and for letting others know about your experiences while staying with us. We are currently replacing our hot tub and a pool area renovation is next on the list. I apologize for letting it get to the state where it was noticeably ready for freshening up. Thank you for being a loyal guest at the Avenue, we will look forward to your next stay with us.
Avenue Inn / seaboard Hotels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I've been in many hotels around the US and none...I repeat none are as clean and well kept as this one....The staff is so helpful and attentive...Safe and close to beach, restaurants...no need to use a car...Great breakfast and wine & cheese at nite

Room Tip: Every room I've been in for many years has been excellent.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
We are grateful for your review and for noting how clean we maintain the Avenue. We pride ourselves on the level of cleanliness we present to our guests as we recognize friendliness and cleanliness are the key components to any succcesful hotel no matter the number of stars it may achieve. Thank you for staying with us while visiting Rehoboth and for taking the time to review the Avenue, it is most sincerely appreciated.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We stayed one night, 3/9/12. I was travelling with 3 tween girls. We checked in late and check in was easy and quick. I had to move to an underground parking lot directly under the hotel. The only problem I had with this is that the lot can be accessed by anyone and there is an elevator that is in garage that goes directly to all floors in hotel. No emergencies, however, since I was travelling alone without my husband, and 3 girls, I was more hyper vigillant and wasn't thrilled that the hotel floors could be accessed by anyone.
The room was very spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable and I had no problem sleeping. Our room(208) was right across from the ice/vending machine and it was never a noise issue which was great! The three girls loved the indoor pool and it was open until 11pm. The pool, pool deck and bath were all very clean.
The complementary breakfast was very nice. That was another major plus. The staff I encountered were very professional and polite. We are considering staying here in the summer. Hotel is close to everything. Fast walk to beach and boardwalk. Very enjoyable time and I wished I had booked two nights instead of just one!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
It is great to read about your stay with us and that you will consider staying with us again this summer. We are grateful for your choice to stay at the Avenue and for sharing your experience with others on Tripadvisor. We hope you will have the opportunity to come down this summer and get the full feel of Rehoboth in season.
Middletown, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I booked the Luxury Jacuzzi Suite room 306 for my husband’s 30th birthday. I asked them to put chocolate covered strawberries in the room and upon arrival they were there courteously of the hotel very nice. The Jacuzzi was nice and relaxing and we loved the cozy fireplace. The only negative about this room was the fact that it is right next to the pool. So if you are planning on getting to sleep in past 8 in the morning forget it the noise was so loud from the kids using the pool it was impossible. The staff was very friendly hotel was nice and clean and well kept. Location was great walking distance to shops restaurants and in the summer it would be nice and close to the beach and boardwalk. Overall we had an awesome time. Restaurant advice absolutely try Fins it was awesome! The oysters were amazing.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Glad to hear all went well during your birthday celebration, sorry to hear that there were loud kids in the pool though the pool doesn't open until 9am which I understand may be too early for one liking to sleep in. We sincerely appreciate your business and your time in placing a review of the Avenue. We hope to have you as our guest again.
Avenue Inn / Seaboard Hotels

Been to Avenue Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!