“Husband and I luv this place....will definitely go back soon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Inn & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Avenue Inn & Spa
33 Wilmington Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #1 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reisterstown, Maryland
“Husband and I luv this place....will definitely go back soon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

This was a cery nice place to stay. We had the Luxury Jacuzzi room which was wonderful. It was a great experience. The hotel was like home, so peaceful and quiet. The staff was friendly and welcoming. We are thinking about going back in Aug or Sept. I will recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you, we luv having you as our guets! It is always a pleasure to read a review such as yours that describes the experience we work so hard to deliver to every guest. We are a family owned and operated hotel so we take a great deal of pride in the product we offer our guests. We recognize there are plenty of other choices but we know we offer a unique experience due to the friendliness and cleanliness we present in our hotels. Our goal is to make first time guests like you want to come back again and again so I am excited to hear you will be back soon. Looking forward to having you stay with us again.

999 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Last summer, we booked directly on the hotel's website. After looking at TripAdvisor, I told my girlfriend that we were staying at "the #1 rated hotel in Rehoboth Beach." Little did I know that we were booked for Avenue Inn & Spa II down the street, the much lesser of the two hotels. We were not happy but the front desk clerk said, "Well, you booked at AI & S II." I felt like it was a bait and switch, although I should have seen it on the hotel website, and I wonder how many other people this has happened to.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
I would suggest a better understanding of what bait and switch means before labeling an experience this way as it certainly does not apply to what happened here. The following is exactly how the rooms are described on our web site when making an online reservation:

Spacious 1 King + Sofa Bed is AT OUR MOTEL at the Avenue II location. AVENUE II IS LOCATED 75 YARDS FROM THE AVENUE INN. The Avenue II is located next to the Purple Parrot Bar & Restaurant. This means the room could hear music and loud noises up till 1:00 a.m. Very spacious room that includes aTelevision, a microwave, and a refrigerator. The Avenue II has a walk around balcony, outside entrances to the rooms and no elevator. This is one room not to be confused with our 2 room suites at the Avenue Inn

We have gone as far as to note any items that may be a problem for potential new guests in the description as our goal is for our guests enjoy their stay and want to come back again and again as many do for both buildings. We have no reason to want to trick someone, we run at 99% occupancy during our summer season in both buildings. I am sorry you did not read all of the information available as I am sure this would have alleviated the mistake you made. As you did not have any issues with the property outside of your error I would invite you back to stay at the main building as you origianlly wished but didnt book due to your mistake. Call the hotel the next time and we will be certain to get you in the room that will best suit you.
Mount Royal, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We have been coming to the Avenue Inn since it opened years ago its our yearly family trip for the past 10 years every summer. The Inn is clean and feels like home. The staff is friendly and feel like family. The breakfast is great. The pool and hot tube is so relaxing. I love to shop all the little stores around the Avenue Inn. We usually get 2 rooms due to my large family. Can't wait for our trip this year.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
It is hard to express in a response to a review how much your continuing loyalty to our hotel means to me and our staff. I say it over and over again in my responses how important guests like yourself are to our businesswe as we have built our hotel group success on making first time stays the first of many to come. We want to make every single guest that walks through our doors to recognize that we appreciate them choosing to stay with us and we want to show it by giving them a great value in our product coupled with great customer service. Thank you so much for staying with us again. I am grateful for your continued business and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for others to read when deciding on a hotel in Rehoboth Beach. Looking forward to having you as our guest again.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I've been vacationing in Rehoboth Beach all my life and have stayed at Avenue Inn since they opened their doors. Until we own a beach house someday, Avenue Inn will be our "home away from home."

I'll start with the hotel amenities: You enter the lobby and it feels like you are walking into an inviting living room. Comfy leather furniture, coffee tables, all arranged nicely, a fireplace, a computer, a game table with chess and checkers. Just past the front desk is the dining room, where you will enjoy an extensive complimentary breakfast: french toast and egg casseroles, fruit, pastries, hot and cold cereal, bagels, juices, coffee, hot chocolate.

Other lobby amenities are complimentary happy hour from 5-7pm daily, wine and cheese/crackers, nice experience! Also freshly baked chocolate chip cookies are served at 8pm each night.

Past the dining room is the Avenue Spa--FIRST CLASS experience is all that needs to be said!

There's an indoor stainless steel pool on the second floor, more than adequate seating around the pool and beautiful murals on the walls. Steps away are a sauna and steam room. One long wall of the pool enclosure is glass doors that open to a nice pool deck in the summer. One one side is a nice sized hot tub available for use 12 months/year.

Jim, the hotel manager, is a no-nonsense guy, but VERY warm and as accommodating as possible! Every single staff person that I've encountered through the years has been warm and friendly and unfailingly helpful. They seem lijke a cohesive "family."

The hotel rooms are always clean and many steps above what you would expect at a beach hotel. The cleaning staff is friendly and accommodating and does a fabulous job keeping the public areas sparkling clean as well as the rooms.

The rooms have different amenties but all have a fridge and microwave which is useful for beverages and snacks. Our family loves the suites with pocket doors. Our daughter can bring a friend and they have a queen sofa to open at night and their own TV and privacy.

On our most recent visit (returned home yesterday) it was wonderful to borrow the sand chairs and towels for the beach and not have to pack these items from home.

There is an underground parking garage with adequate space. We generally park our car upon arrival and never need it again until the day we depart. The general location of Avenue Inn couldn't be more ideal. You are literally steps away from anything you could possibly want or need, beach, boardwalk, shops, restaurants.

You will not regret choosing Avenue Inn! It's an oasis of tranquility 12 months a year!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again at the Avenue Inn and thank you for sharing your experience. We work hard to make our guests feel appreciated and relaxed when staying with us so that they do feel like we offer a "home away from home" feel. When you come to the beach your visit should be an enjoyable and memorable time and it starts with your choice of hotel. We have been in the hospitality business since 1978 and our years of experience in beach resorts have taught us what our guests want and expect. The basics are the same, a clean room at a good price with a friendly staff. It is the extra steps we take that set us apart. Thanks again for your kind words, it is sincerely appreciated.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Before booking a room at Avenue Inn, I spent hours on various websites researching hotels in Rehobeth Beach. This was my first time in Rehobeth and I wanted to enjoy my experience. While I am not the type to stay in the hotel for long while I'm on vacation, I like a place that is clean and pleasing to the eye.

My weekend getaway was planned at the last minute and Avenue Inn was one of the few places that had rooms available for a decent price. Plus the reviews were very positive. I booked the Jr. King Luxury room. Their website has a video of each room, so it gives you an idea of what to expect.

After booking my room, a coworker of mine who had been to Rehobeth Beach on numerous occasions informed me that I booked the right hotel for the location and the overall quality of the lodging. When we arrived in Rehobeth, I was more than pleased with the location.

Checking in was simple. I wasn't exactly pleased with one of the front desk employees there. My wife and I were traveling with our 6 month old son, and she made it a point to tell me that the room we were staying in was for two people only. She even brought up some nonsense about insurance and fire codes. I'm thinking to myself, does she expect me to get a room with two beds for a 6 month old baby? I kept my cool and explained to her that I informed Anna, who originally took my reservation, that I would be bringing a baby with me and that we had our own pack-n-play.

Aside from my check in experience with that particular employee, I enjoyed my stay at Avenue Inn. They provide one parking space per room. There are three floors to this hotel. Our room was located on the third floor. This was very convenient as the pool, sauna, hot tub and outdoor deck are also located on the third floor.

The balcony overlooked Rehobeth Avenue. When it was time to sleep, I had no problem whatsoever. Once the balcony door was shut, the noise from outside was virtually nonexistent.

The only negative thing about the room in my opinion was the positioning of the air conditioner. It is located at foot level directly on the side of the bed. When the air would come on at night, it would blow directly on me. I spent most of the night covering up once the blower came on and uncovering once it went off. I've been to plenty of hotels where the AC unit is in a low location near the bed, but usually the vents are facing the ceiling.

The location of the hotel is great. It is one block away from the beach and right around the corner from Rehobeth Avenue, which is live at all times during the day. Rehobeth Avenue is also where the various eateries and shops are located. The hotel is also a 10 minute drive away from the Tanger Outlets for those looking to do some shopping.

Overall, I will definitely stay here again and I recommend it to anyone looking to vacation in Rehobeth Beach.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Avenue Inn. Your business and the review are sincerely appreciated. Our goal is to offer a hotel experience that will be relaxing, enjoyable, and memorable every time. Your comments about the areas where we need work in customer service and the air conditionsing are well received and we will work to improve both. I hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.
Honesdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We just returned from the Avenue Inn on Sunday and it was great. Our room was very clean. The cleaning staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the morning is very nice. Everyone found something they liked. The coffee was very good. The wine and cheese was a nice touch. My son only wished they had a sweet wine, but enjoyed the cheese and crackers. Providing the chairs and towels is a very nice touch. All I can say is everything is very nice. We have gone two years in a row and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Many many thanks to you for being such a wonderful guest. We build our business on repeat guests and the good word they spread for us, so I am sincerely grateful to you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Avenue Inn and especially for making the Avenue your home at the beach. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to continuing to improve upon the experience every time you stay with us.
Bethesda, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I've stayed at the Avenue Inn before and loved it, but this was my first time in the annex. Given the choice, I'd always take the main building, but the annex is okay too. the annex is just half a block from the main building, so the location is good. We had a room overlooking Rehoboth Avenue which was really nice. I'd take the Rehboth-facing rooms given a choice - the rooms around back just face a parking lot. The annex is right next to a popular bar. We didn't have any problem with noise. I don't know if the rooms right next to the bar might hear any bar noise. One thing to note - the rooms are up a flight of stairs (no elevator) so we were carrying the baby stroller up and down a lot. The rooms are as clean as you could possibly ask for, and pretty spacious. The bed was okay. The bathroom was fine. I only have two nits to pick. One, it is dark in there with only one window. Two, it is so bland, especially compared to the charm of the main hotel. So, the room is perfectly servicable and as clean as any you'll find on Rehoboth, but not much charm. We booked late and were happy to get a room. I'd do it again without hesitation, but I'd take the main hotel any day. And one p.s. since I read tripadvisor to plan my trips. I've never had anything but teriffic experiences with the front desk and other employees.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you for staying with us again and for giving your assessment of the differences between the annex and the main building. You were very fair and understanding of the variances of the two and accepting of the facts as opposed to believing you should receive the same quality of the main building for less money though the same excellent service is included. I believe your review will be helpful to many trying to decide which building to choose and for that I thank you. Your review and business are greatly appreciated. We look forward to having you as our guest again.
President & COO
Seaboard Hotels

Been to Avenue Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!