“Nice hotel in a great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Inn & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Avenue Inn & Spa
You added Avenue Inn & Spa to your Saves list
33 Wilmington Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel in a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Before booking a room at Avenue Inn, I spent hours on various websites researching hotels in Rehobeth Beach. This was my first time in Rehobeth and I wanted to enjoy my experience. While I am not the type to stay in the hotel for long while I'm on vacation, I like a place that is clean and pleasing to the eye.

My weekend getaway was planned at the last minute and Avenue Inn was one of the few places that had rooms available for a decent price. Plus the reviews were very positive. I booked the Jr. King Luxury room. Their website has a video of each room, so it gives you an idea of what to expect.

After booking my room, a coworker of mine who had been to Rehobeth Beach on numerous occasions informed me that I booked the right hotel for the location and the overall quality of the lodging. When we arrived in Rehobeth, I was more than pleased with the location.

Checking in was simple. I wasn't exactly pleased with one of the front desk employees there. My wife and I were traveling with our 6 month old son, and she made it a point to tell me that the room we were staying in was for two people only. She even brought up some nonsense about insurance and fire codes. I'm thinking to myself, does she expect me to get a room with two beds for a 6 month old baby? I kept my cool and explained to her that I informed Anna, who originally took my reservation, that I would be bringing a baby with me and that we had our own pack-n-play.

Aside from my check in experience with that particular employee, I enjoyed my stay at Avenue Inn. They provide one parking space per room. There are three floors to this hotel. Our room was located on the third floor. This was very convenient as the pool, sauna, hot tub and outdoor deck are also located on the third floor.

The balcony overlooked Rehobeth Avenue. When it was time to sleep, I had no problem whatsoever. Once the balcony door was shut, the noise from outside was virtually nonexistent.

The only negative thing about the room in my opinion was the positioning of the air conditioner. It is located at foot level directly on the side of the bed. When the air would come on at night, it would blow directly on me. I spent most of the night covering up once the blower came on and uncovering once it went off. I've been to plenty of hotels where the AC unit is in a low location near the bed, but usually the vents are facing the ceiling.

The location of the hotel is great. It is one block away from the beach and right around the corner from Rehobeth Avenue, which is live at all times during the day. Rehobeth Avenue is also where the various eateries and shops are located. The hotel is also a 10 minute drive away from the Tanger Outlets for those looking to do some shopping.

Overall, I will definitely stay here again and I recommend it to anyone looking to vacation in Rehobeth Beach.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the Avenue Inn. Your business and the review are sincerely appreciated. Our goal is to offer a hotel experience that will be relaxing, enjoyable, and memorable every time. Your comments about the areas where we need work in customer service and the air conditionsing are well received and we will work to improve both. I hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.
Seaboard Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Honesdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We just returned from the Avenue Inn on Sunday and it was great. Our room was very clean. The cleaning staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast in the morning is very nice. Everyone found something they liked. The coffee was very good. The wine and cheese was a nice touch. My son only wished they had a sweet wine, but enjoyed the cheese and crackers. Providing the chairs and towels is a very nice touch. All I can say is everything is very nice. We have gone two years in a row and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Many many thanks to you for being such a wonderful guest. We build our business on repeat guests and the good word they spread for us, so I am sincerely grateful to you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Avenue Inn and especially for making the Avenue your home at the beach. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to continuing to improve upon the experience every time you stay with us.
Bethesda, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I've stayed at the Avenue Inn before and loved it, but this was my first time in the annex. Given the choice, I'd always take the main building, but the annex is okay too. the annex is just half a block from the main building, so the location is good. We had a room overlooking Rehoboth Avenue which was really nice. I'd take the Rehboth-facing rooms given a choice - the rooms around back just face a parking lot. The annex is right next to a popular bar. We didn't have any problem with noise. I don't know if the rooms right next to the bar might hear any bar noise. One thing to note - the rooms are up a flight of stairs (no elevator) so we were carrying the baby stroller up and down a lot. The rooms are as clean as you could possibly ask for, and pretty spacious. The bed was okay. The bathroom was fine. I only have two nits to pick. One, it is dark in there with only one window. Two, it is so bland, especially compared to the charm of the main hotel. So, the room is perfectly servicable and as clean as any you'll find on Rehoboth, but not much charm. We booked late and were happy to get a room. I'd do it again without hesitation, but I'd take the main hotel any day. And one p.s. since I read tripadvisor to plan my trips. I've never had anything but teriffic experiences with the front desk and other employees.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you for staying with us again and for giving your assessment of the differences between the annex and the main building. You were very fair and understanding of the variances of the two and accepting of the facts as opposed to believing you should receive the same quality of the main building for less money though the same excellent service is included. I believe your review will be helpful to many trying to decide which building to choose and for that I thank you. Your review and business are greatly appreciated. We look forward to having you as our guest again.
President & COO
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

The happy hour at the purple parrot (next door) was nice and the stuffed mushroom was great. Fins and the Pig and Fish were also worth visiting.

Room Tip: Avenue II is less expensive and very nice.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
I couldn't ask for a better review headline! Thanks for the nice words and for choosing to stay with us, your business and the comments are sincerely appreciated.
Cheers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011 via mobile

So, we were planning on staying one night, but had such a great time that we added a night. We had to switch rooms, which was fine bc they moved our stuff for us an that way we got to see rehoboth ave from our balcony in room 325. Our first room, 204 was also nice, but overlooked wilmington ave. The price is in the mid 200's but is worth it. We saved lots by borrowing towels and beach chairs from the hotel for free. We also had a free "hot" breakfast and the wine and cheese at 5 pm served as our HH. We also enjoyed the freshbaked cookies at 8pm in the lobby.
The location was perfect, 1 block from the boardwalk and beach. We especially enjoyed the pool after being in the sun all day as its an indoor pool that has one wall of glass doors that opens to the outside so you can still enjoy the warm weather while taking a break from the sun. Its on the 3rd floor and has a steam room, sauna and hottub. I will def be returning. The room 325 had a fireplace and sofa in addition to 2double beds and balcony. Both rooms had the vanity seperate from the toilet and shower which is nice if you have kids. Room 204 just had 2 double beds and was $30 cheaper.
Overall a cute ecletic bouique hotel that is walking distance of everything is the ultimate weekend getaway.

• Stayed June 2011
Great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. It is great that you got to experience two different room types, helps other when reading your review and gives you an idea for what you may need the next time you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review the Avenue and for choosing to stay with us. It is appreciated.
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Love this hotel! my husband and I have stayed her multiple times, always very nice. We especially like the Jr King room. Get a room with balcony overlooking the main avenue, lots to watch. Very nice furnishings, comfy bed linens and pillows. They have a happy hour with wine and cheese, and warm cookies later in the evening. Just one block from beach front and boardwalk. There is also a very nice little restaurant next door, Planet X.
Great food, funky atmosphere, outdoor seating. The hotel is very convenient to just about anything, plus they also have beach chairs and towels for your use.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for the review and especially thanks to you for being such good customers. Our goal is to make a guests first visit the first of many to come and is is very satisfying knowing you have become that guest. Rehoboth is a town people come back to again and again and we want to make our guests feel that we offer their own beach house without the clean up! Thank you for your continued business and for taking the time to share your experience with others that may wish to stay with us. You help us get the good word about the Avenue out there and we are very grateful to you for it.
president
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The hotel was exceptionally clean. The room was huge with two queen beds. The service staff was friendly and kept the room and barhroom spotless. The breakfast was very good. However, the breakfast room was tiny and unable to accommodate a full house. The stainless steel swimming pool was one of the best that we have experienced. Even though the location was great many of the rooms had no view or just a view of rooftops with restaurant vents. However, we would definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Request a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Friendliness and Cleanliness is our motto and we live by it. This is the basis on which any great hotel is based and though we may not be a five star rated hotel we can certainly deliver rooms as clean and a staff as friendly and service oriented. I am painfully aware of the size issue of our breakfast room. When we built the property 11 years ago breakfast was not what it has become. Today we are in the planning stages of upgrading the breakfast and lobby to be the nicest in Rehoboth not only in features but to be the most accommodating to our guests. Thank you for taking the time to review the Avenue and for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to having you as our guest again.
Seaboard Hotels

Been to Avenue Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!