“Been in love with this hotel since September 2006!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue Inn & Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Avenue Inn & Spa
You added Avenue Inn & Spa to your Saves list
33 Wilmington Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Wyomissing, PA
“Been in love with this hotel since September 2006!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

I travel to Rehoboth Beach two to three times a year with friends for vacation. It would be more often if we could afford it, but at this point in our lives it will have to do. We used to stay at the Atlantis, which is a decent place and was improved greatly in the mid '00s, but I found that the beds there were rather small, so I began to research other hotels in Rehoboth and checked out the Avenue Inn. I knew about the place before, an eccentric friends of ours stayed there in 2001 when we vacationed in Rehoboth that September, so I thought it was probably a very strange place since he stayed there. Well, I was wrong. The first thing that drew me to The Avenue was the fact that they have a wine and cheese reception every evening at 5pm in the lobby. That sold me IMMEDIATELY!!! So even though I intially was most interested in the wine and cheese (I still am), I discovered what a wonderful hotel it truly is. The staff is very nice at the front desk, the place feels like home, the breakfast is nicer than what you find in many hotels, and the views (on the Rehoboth Ave side) are very nice...I enjoy watching all the action along the street from the balcony and being able to see the ocean! The views from the Wilmington Ave side aren't as interesting. The location is excellent for us, close to bars and restaurants and just a little over one block from the beach. As of January 2011, I have stayed in this hotel ten times and it is the only place in Rehoboth that I like to stay. During the summer of 2009 we waited too long to try to get a room and ended up at the brand new Hotel Rehoboth. That is a lovely hotel but it lacks the friendliness and home- like feeling of the Avenue...not to mention it's a long walk to the beach from there! The Hotel Rehoboth also has a tiny tiny pool...it's the size of a puddle...and most of their rooms have no balconies...and it's more expensive. Oh, don't get me wrong, the Hotel Rehoboth is beautiful and they serve a great wine and cheese reception in the lobby in the evening as well, but it just lacks the warmth and charm of The Avenue Inn. We were so relieved to return to The Avenue in September of 2009 after staying at the Hotel Rehoboth in June of 2009 that I made a pledge that it is now the ONLY hotel in Rehoboth for me! The Avenue Inn has a nice sized pool and a great hot tub which I usually enjoy in the late afternoons. This past New Year's Eve we stayed in one of the deluxe suites (rm 306) that has a little living room and a huge bed and a jacuzzi and entry hall. Loved it! It also has an electric fireplace and Ipod docking station. I accidentally left my adaptor for my ipod in the docking station there...oops! The only thing about that room that is negative in my opinion is that it is on the Wilmington Ave side which is VERY quiet, I like to look out on the action on Rehoboth Ave. This review has been SO glowing that one has to wonder is there ANY wrong the Avenue Inn can do? Well there are a couple of minor negatives that I can think of, but I have a feeling that they are things you may find in a lot of hotels. One thing I noticed is that they have done renovations to some rooms, but I don't think all of them have had the same renovations. For example, some rooms have granite sink counters now and some still have the old cultured marble...unless this has changed and I didn't notice. Another thing that is not my favorite is that a lot of little kids are running around at the evening wine and cheese reception. I suppose the hotel can't ban this from happening, but I really wish some of these parents would control their children better because it is an annoyance. The only advice I can give the hotel about this is to make it clear to parents that they need to keep their kids under control during this time. They'd probably get complaints like "oh my little Johnny needs to express himself and so we let him do whatever he wants." Some parents are so annoying these days, control your children!!! Can I live with these minor negatives? You bet because I LOVE The Avenue Inn & Spa, the BEST hotel in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware!!!

Room Tip: Rehoboth Ave side has better view (in my opinion)
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Many many thanks to you for being such a wonderful guest. We build our business on repeat guests and the good word they spread for us, so I am sincerely grateful to you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on the Avenue and especially for making the Avenue your home at the beach. We truly strive to make the hotel feel like your personal beach house by offering exceptionally friendly service in a comfortable environment. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to continuing to improve upon the experience every time you stay with us, we will figure something out on an adult only wine and cheese social. :)
Seaboard Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011 via mobile

I came to rehoboth beach in mid March for Tanger Outlet. I found this hotel via trip advisor. I have booked the junior Luxury Jaccuzzi for only $15x. The hotel is very near to the beach, just one block distance; and it is only 5mins drive to Tanger outlet. The service of this hotel is excellent, they served cheese in the afternoon and homemade chocolate chip in the evening. I have a complimentary champaign in my room too! I would definitely stay here again if I return back to Rehoboth. The only down side of this hotel is the breakfast!!

• Stayed March 2011
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2011
It is great to hear that you found us through Tripadvisor and that the reviews you took confidence in to make your choice proved true to our service and the product we work hard to deliver. We sincerely appreciate your business as well as your time to review the hotel for others to read about your experience with us. We hope you will have the chance to stay with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed at the Avenue for 2 nights for a birthday get-away! I brought my IPod so we could listen to sum tunes...however I notice the room didn't have a ipod dock....in which was suppose to be in the room! I asked the attendent at the front desk ( she was very friendly and made us feel welcomed) for one and she said she would try to locate us one....I then told her not to worry becouse it was not a big deal....but to my surprise the next morning the general manager call me to ask what time could they come install the ipod dock for me! The. Staff member that came to install it was very nice! the staff was great!! Thanks.... we will return again.....! :)

• Stayed April 2011
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the review. We appreciate the gesture of taking your time to share your experience at the Avenue. I apologize for the lack of the advertised amenity though I am happy to hear the staff took care of it promptly. Thank you again for the kind words. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Ellicott City, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

Was ready to book 2 rooms at this hotel for my family. Unfortunately, the person taking the reservation Jim was about as curt as you can get. What a jerk! I certainly don't need that while trying to plan a short get away for my family. The other reviews for the hotel look good but we're going somewhere else. Jim a bit of advice....stay out of customer service!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Avenue Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Well after repeated attempts to have Tripadvisor remove this review due to the insulting language the reviewer uses attacking our staff member, which is supposed to be against their guidelines, I am left to respond to a review from an irrational person, can't call them a guest because they never stayed with us.
Our side of the story goes like this, person calls wanting a room for a weekend when we are already booked 100% full, every room taken, nothing avialable. Jim, our General Manager, who has an incentive to rent as many rooms as possible tells person, "I am sorry we are booked", person says "you don't have any rooms available", Jim says, "no, I am sorry we are completely full that weekend", persons say " I can't believe you don't have a single room available", Jim again tells person for third time, "we do not have anything available". Person says " I don't believe it" and hangs up.
We are the #1 rated hotel in Rehoboth because we appreciate every single guest that calls and walks through our doors. We strive to offer as enjoyable a hotel experience as you will find anywhere. We sell out often because of the product and experience we deliver to our guests. We are in the business to be profiatble, you don't make profits in our business if you don't sell rooms, we have no reason to hold back rooms, ever.
I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate this person. I am sure if they had attempted to make their reservation earlier they would have gotten a room and they would have enjoyed their time with us. I write this with a touch of jest but it is extremely frustrating when a person places an unjust review and potentially hurts our rating. We work very hard to maintain our #1 ranking in Rehoboth on Tripadvisor. The reviewer caused the damage to our reputation, and Jim's, due to their timing issue, not ours.
Regretfully Submitted,
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel definitely lived up to its reputation! Our jacuzzi room was fabulous, the pool and steam room were terrific, and the cookies were yummy. Breakfast was a great surprise ... we were expecting the usual cold cereals/bagels/rubbery eggs found at most hotel breakfast buffets, but instead got fresh, homemade casseroles, including a French toast casserole that was out of this world. And the chef gave us the recipes! The icing on the cake was the evening the vending machine was out of bottled water and we called down to housekeeping. Most hotels would have shrugged their shoulders and said we had to wait for the machine to be refilled, but not this one! Within minutes, a staff member knocked on our door with two bottles of water. We were also treated to a rare 75-degree March day -- and while I can't credit the hotel with that one, I'm sure if they could have arranged it, they would have!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
It is always a pleasure to read a review such as yours that describes the experience we work so hard to deliver to every guest. We are a family owned and operated hotel so we take a great deal of pride in the product we offer our guests. We recognize there are plenty of other choices but we know we offer a unique experience due to the friendliness and cleanliness we present in our hotels. Our goal is to make first time guests want to come back again and again as they recognize we offer a great product at a good value. If we could control the weather we would indeed, but the rooms would be much more expensive! :) Looking forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

My husband and I had a fantastic, off-season trip to the Avenue Inn. The hotel has everything - spacious rooms, outdoor hot tub, big indoor pool, sauna, steam room. We took advantage of everything... including the wine and cheese reception and delicious breakfast (including eggs, french toast). Also, when we checked in, the manager went out of his way to get us an upgraded room ... a room that had a private jacuzzi tub! It's also in a great location, just 1 block from the beach, and less than 10 minute walk to the Dogfish Head Brewery. I'd highly recommend this charming hotel - everything is done really well... from the amenities, the decor, the people, the food... We hope to be back again soon!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Avenue. We are grateful to you for your business and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review us. Your experience is what we strive to deliver for all of our guests as we work hard to offer a hotel stay that is unique in its friendliness of staff and the charm of the property. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.
P.S. that was me that upgraded your room. :)
West Grove, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I stayed at the Avenue Inn 2 days last week for my birthday. We had a queen room/suite which I loved it was very clean & spacious. We got to enjoy the hot tub, steam room & pool . The breakfast in the morning was really good. & then if the afternoon there was Wine & Cheese to enjoy & you can't forget the cookies at night. The staff is always very friendly. I am looking forward to my return trip to the Avenue in the summer.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us at the Avenue. Your business and the review are sincerely appreciated. Our goal is to offer a hotel experience that will be relaxing, enjoyable, and memorable every time. It is great to hear that we delivered as you and I both expect. I hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.
Seaboard Hotels

Been to Avenue Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!