“Sailing Charter Delight” 5 of 5 stars

Rehoboth Beach, DE
Improve this listing
Type: Beaches, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: A sandy public beach that offers various organized sports activities every evening during the summer plus special designated areas for surfing and surf fishing.
Middletown, NJ
5 attraction reviews
“Sailing Charter Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

Kindred Spirit is a private sailboat charter out of Rehoboth Bay Marina. Highly recommended/affordable. So worth the $. Kinda feel like a celeb having your own private charter (limited to 4 people plus captain)—doesn’t cost much more than a sightseeing boat and its private and tailored to your wishes. Many types of charters offered. Cap. John is very pleasant and would tailor your trip to whatever you desire. Last week we stayed in Ocean City, MD and took the 3 hour charter. It was me, my husband, our 16 yr old daughter and her friend. We sailed over to the sand bar, the girls tanned on the deck, swam in the bay, ate some snacks, and enjoyed a pleasant sail back. It was simply paradise. A must do! An evening sail could be very romantic—great for an anniversary celebration or even a proposal. This is a very unbiased opinion. Found his website by chance through a google search and just had to brag had wonderful this was so others could enjoy.

Nags Head, NC
“Mod Cottage, a refreshing shopping experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Mod Cottage, on Rehoboth Avenue in Rehoboth Beach, DE is a great find for anyone looking for unique gift items for yourself or someone special. The owners Brad and Ed roll out the red carpet for their customers. Service, Service, Service. What a bright spot in Rehoboth....we always include Mod Cottage on every trip. The items we've bought from them are always the items that get noticed in our home.

McLean, Virginia
“OK beach, close to D.C.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

I live in the Washington D.C. metro area and decided to visit Rehoboth Beach for a quick Sunday beach getaway. Rehoboth Beach is probably the closest beach to D.C. being only 3 hours away, making it very covnenient as a day trip. I liked the beach town a lot, with lots of nice places to eat and quaint beach shops.

The beach itself is very average for a Mid-Atlantic Beach, relatively small, very crowded, and overall just ok. However, being only 3 hours away, its a good opportunity for a quick and fun day trip.

The one thing that I didn't like was parking, its all metered (at least if you want to park within walking didtance to the beach), and every 12 minutes of parking cost a quarter. I thought this was a bit steep. At least they do have change machines in case you didn't bring quarters.

Montreal, Quebec.
“Rehoboth Beach, never again!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Looking at other reviews here, I do believe that the way Rehoboth Beach parking division treat tourists, they don’t seem to need our business, even though when I was there, I found business was quiet… their parking division just don’t care!

Our first time visiting Rehoboth Beach on September 1st, 2009, we firstly stopped to shop at the outlet store and end up spending quite a bit of money. Then we decided to go to the beach, so I parked at a parking meter near the boardwalk, and we put money in the parking meter, 25¢ for ten minute parking, already I found this quite expensive, still we decided to visit for a couple of hour, we spent more money eating junk food cause it was the only food we could find, then we purchased some salt water candy that look to be their specialty + some other souvenirs that I threw in the garbage once back home…

A couple of hours later we arrived at our car and found a yellow envelope containing a $15 parking ticket, because I was not parked to their liking, we had to be parked front to curb, I just could not believed it, I had never heard of such a thing, A PARKING TICKET FOR NOT BEING PARKED FRONT TO CURB, I guess they preferred we hit people backing out of their parking space… It’s later that I noticed the small sign “Park head first”, but since English is not my first language, even if I would have seen it before, I would not have understand it, also we do not have these stupid rule here, so never again Rehoboth Beach and to bad for their suffering businesses, they might want to speak to their city parking division!

Tennessee
8 attraction reviews
“Wonderful beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

Rehoboth Beach is very clean and nice place to go. The boardwalk is wonderful and the town area at the beach is the best! Just sorry we didn't have more time to spend there. Stayed at motel close to outlet shopping so experience staying at motels on beach. Would recommend going there.....