“Rehoboth is the Best...and parking advice” 5 of 5 stars

Rehoboth Beach
Rehoboth Beach, DE
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: A sandy public beach that offers various organized sports activities every evening during the summer plus special designated areas for surfing and surf fishing.
Germantown, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
“Rehoboth is the Best...and parking advice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I've been going to Rehoboth since I was very young....now we've bought our own beach house there and go 1 to 2 times a month, in and off-season. Of course, I enjoy the town more in off-season (especially Sept-Nov). In the fall, the weather is great (usually) and there's lots of great activities. DO NOT miss the SeaWitch Festival before Halloween...or the Christmas concert and tree lighting Thanksgiving weekend - both right downtown.

As far as parking...yes, it can be tough in season. Many of the side streets are permit only. BUT, they added an electronic system (think iPhone app) so you no longer need quarters 9and all the running back and forth). Simply download the parking app (directions on the meters), load your car, credit card, etc. info and from then on you're good to go. Simply enter the "zone" number on the meter, choose how long and off you go. You can check how much time you have left at any time and add time through the app. It even texts you as you get close to expiring. Never have to run to feed the meter again!

Reading, Pennsylvania
29 attraction reviews
“Loved the Fireworks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We walked down to Rehoboth from Dewey to watch the fireworks. Beach was clean and well maintained. Fireworks were awesome. Not sure how it is during the day but for the fireworks it was crowded as expected.

Boardwalk has your typical standard fare. We didn't walk much of it but what we did see was nice.

Florence, Kentucky
“Heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I love the peace that I feel just sitting on the sand, watching the waves come in and washing all my cares away...like the Lord, washes away all our sins all the time. He never tires of forgiving us.

Visited June 2013
“Lovely beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been going here for years and it has remained the same. A family friendly beach town with a nice boardwalk, tax-free outlet shopping, and calm enjoyable fishing. It hasn't become too overcrowded or violent, dirty or inhospitable. It will remain my favorite local beach vacation. The dolphins going by in the morning my last visit were a beautiful surprise! I love Rehoboth!

Visited June 2013
Dover, DE
13 attraction reviews
“Family friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is the perfect little town to spend a family vacation. Clean beaches, friendly boardwalk with lots of attractions, nice people. One downsize is the lack of restaurants. In the summer 100,000 people try to fit into 100 restaurants, Get a rental with a kitchen!