“Fun, Fun, Fun” 3 of 5 stars

Update attraction details
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Affordable family fun awaits you at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware's premier fun destination, Midway Speedway Park! At Midway Speedway Park you have four times the fun… for less. Midway Speedway is "Your Place To Race!" with four tracks full of excitement for all ages. Get your tan on at White Water Mountain which has 6 slides, a lazy river, an olympic size pool, a kiddie pool, and a sunbathing deck. Or play 18 holes at Fire Mountain Mini Golf. While you're at it, have some fun on one of our three attractions!
Ocean View, Delaware
3 attraction reviews
“Fun, Fun, Fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great for kids and the big KIDS. They charge a little to much for the go carts, but your at the beach and they know you will pay.

Visited July 2013

Denville, NJ
“Decent Waterpark for Young Kids and the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Wanted to take my 7 year old daughter to a water park today and choose White Water Mountain. Some of the reviews here are pretty harsh - overall I had a good time and did not experience any water quality problems. My thoughts below:

The Attractions
This is a smaller water park - i would say good for kids up to about 10-11 years old given the types of attractions. Most of the kids today seemed under 10 which I found good since my daughter is 7. The are three main newer (plastic) water slides. The yellow slide is the slowest and good for younger kids who are just getting their first exposure to a slide. The purple is the faster (tube up top/open air on the lower half). The green is the fastest (closed tube all the way down - you get good speed on this one). Both of us had a lot of fun on the purple and green slides. One the other side of the park, are older water slides (made out of smooth concrete with water running down them). You use mats or tube (single or double) to ride these. The are also three choices here in terms of speed - from slow to fast. I must admit I was concerned I might fall out of the single tube, but neither my daughter of i did. My recommendation is to use the double tube and the fastest lane - that was fun. Besides the slides, the is a lazy simple lazy river, a regular pool, and a young kids pool with fountains/small slides.

The Water
I found no problems with the quality of the water. It was clear and looked clean to me.

The Staff
I found the staff helpful when my daughter and I needed assistance to get into the tubes on the older sides. True the staff is mostly younger teenagers who have likely done the same thing all summer, so they might not seem super engaged in their job.

Summary
This can be a fun place to come for 2 to 3 hours with kids under 11 years old given the limited number of attractions. We had a good time today as there were almost no lines to do anything (which helps). This is not a big, fancy water park. If you want that, try Jungle Jim's down the road, but then you'll pay $36 each instead of $18. This place works if you want some basic water slides and water park attractions.

One last comment - they do not allow you to bring any food or drink into park (even bottles of water/soda). There are multiple signs outside saying such and that if you are caught, you will be asked to leave. I guess they want you to buy stuff from their snack bar. Not sure if they really enforce that though - they didn't search my bag upon entering and I saw some people with things. A bit annoying as most places let you bring in at least water. I guess ou can always leave in the car and get them as you can enter/exist as you wish once the wristband is on.

“Dirty and unsafe!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I addressed a few issues with the manager. He informed me that the dirty appearance of the kiddie pool was simply because it did my get a second coat of paint. The lifeguards were mostly chatting with each other and not interested in where the little ones were. The cargo net for the kiddie pool slide was dry rotted, ripped and slippery with algae. I addressed this with the manager. Of course, his response was that must have just happened. He said it was not like that last week! Hmmm so you check the safety of te park every week?!?! I told him it was definetely like that for a while. He got smart with me because he is way too young to be in that position and said "were you here last week?!" Poorly managed. Back home we have a waterpark, Montage. That is a 5/5 for me. This place was a dump! And to those out there saying you get what you pay for....for $20 to take a 5 year old to the pool I expect not to have him slipping on algae! This was aweful! Probably will end up needing to go to the doctor for a GI problem or skin rash! Add a copay to our experience.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“Had fun until the trip to the hospial”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My son loves go-carts and we always have to squeeze in a trip or two during all our vacations. Midway was like every other one--you pay too much for too short a ride, the people who work there are young adults who look bored and uninterested in their jobs (does this really surprise anyone?), and despite all that, the kids love it. On the plus side at Speedway, they seem to let the kids zoom around a tad longer then some other places. There are a variety of tracks for different size drivers so for once my 8 year old, 53 inch son could drive solo which he loved. On the negative side, we had to wait for 15 minutes at one point while the guy very slowly filled each go-cart gas tank; when someone came over for a minute and started helping him it went much quicker, but then the guy had to leave to help lift the track where a car was lodged and the guy went back to slowly filling cars. When a kid's car motor stalled, the guy wasted 1/2 his track time fixing it, but didn't let the kid go again for free. That is not fair.

We ended our day with both boys on the trampoline harness ride which was fun, until my older son hit his knee into his nose, breaking it and creating quite a scene. To the employees credit, they ran over with paper towels, tried to stop the bleeding, called 911, and gave us tee shirts to wear since our clothes were soaked with blood. They might be young, and this job isn't the highlight of their summer, but they were great during an emergency and honestly tried to help. Once his nose heals, I am sure we will be back next summer for more go-carts (but no more flipping!).

“Small but entertaining.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We found it very small compared to other go cart parks. My son had the 8 ride wrist band and enjoyed them. The workers seem not very interested in being there. They harassed my son about his height- way over the 60 inches needed- but let kids on under the height restrictions. The wrist band was the better value.