“Good place for teens” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Affordable family fun awaits you at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware's premier fun destination, Midway Speedway Park! At Midway Speedway Park you have four times the fun… for less. Midway Speedway is "Your Place To Race!" with four tracks full of excitement for all ages. Get your tan on at White Water Mountain which has 6 slides, a lazy river, an olympic size pool, a kiddie pool, and a sunbathing deck. Or play 18 holes at Fire Mountain Mini Golf. While you're at it, have some fun on one of our three attractions!
5 attraction reviews
“Good place for teens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Prices are getting a little too high, we normally go once during each trip to rehoboth but they no longer offer the pass and discounts are getting pretty slight - everybody is experiencing high gas prices but when go-karts start charging a premium they need to re-think that decision. Several people arrived and left without purchase due to increased pricing

Visited July 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“UNSAFE waterpark”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have been motivated to write my very first tripadvisor review by the unsafe conditions at this waterpark. The lifeguards at this waterpark were way too busy and irresponsible for the job. Too busy talking to tell you when it was safe for you to head down the slide, definitely too busy to give my daughter a push when she needed one, and really, the reason for my review, was that none of the lifeguards noticed when my daughter flipped out of her tube and got off the slide mid-way down and was crying. In fact, they continued to send people down the slide she got stuck on. This park does NOT have a lifeguard at the bottom of the slides, which I've never seen at a waterpark before. Luckily, the next person sent down the slide was my husband and he saw her and somehow stopped himself and got out to help her. It was not until we alerted a group of lifeguards, who for some reason were sitting around inside the snack bar, that a guard came out to help. My daughter has special needs and was traumatized by this incident. When I asked if they were supposed to have a lifeguard at the bottom of the slides, I was told yes, but they never stationed one there. We also did the go-karts which were also monitored solely by teenagers who also were too busy talking to notice when my husband's car stalled out.

This place is cheap for a reason. I thought the reason was that it was smaller and maybe not as complex slides for rafts like Jungle Jim's. Apparently, it also has to do with the quality of the staff. Next time, we will go to Jungle Jim's as we have the past 2 years. those 2 years were incident free as were our many trips to Six Flags's waterpark. Those two waterparks also employ teenagers, but they are obviously better trained and supervised.

Visited August 2012
“Great for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from our 2nd visit this summer and feel the need to address some previous comments. First - be realistic, this is not Disney World - it's a small waterpark behind a strip mall in Lewes Delaware. If you want Disney quality pay for that and stop whinIng. We stopped by on the way home from the beach and Thursday is their trivia day - answer the question right and get 25% off
your fee, I did and we had our group of dad,mom, 2 kids and grandma get in for $54. Yes - 5 people in for $54. The place does have some dated areas but the water was in no way dirty or my wife would have freaked. As for the water being warm we just had the hottest July on record - Duh. Went to the go karts next, my daughter was too tall to ride the kid's kart with my son so rather than let him be bored driving alone 1 of the staffers drove along and "raced" with him.
Just saying it's a good value for a stop on the way home and have never encountered any kind of rudeness from the staff - that said the mushroom in the larger pool does need to be replaced

West Chester, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
“Good fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My family used the two go kart tracks. The staff keeps things moving and we didn't wait long at either track. My husband got a non-responsive car for one run and the track staff was not responsive to his complaint. Otherwise a good time was had by all.

Visited August 2012
“Bad service for expensive day.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Was excited to spend the day at the park with my children and went down hill from there. Was told I couldn't use the online coupons unless I printed them and brought them in. The website didn't say that and either did the coupon. Then managed my way through busy chairs to find an empty place to sit. First was an empty table with one chair and was rudely told by a patron that I couldn't sit there because they were going to take that table in addition to the other two they already occupied. This happened a second time and almost 20 minutes before I could get one chair to place towels and purse. So much for first impressions.