“AMAZING!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Point Coffee House and Bake Shoppe

The Point Coffee House and Bake Shoppe
37140 Rehoboth Avenue, Intersection of Rt 1 and 1A, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971-3196
+1 302-260-9734
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 228 restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dessert
Description: The Point Coffee House and Bake Shoppe offers a wide variety of house-roasted coffees, freshly baked items, soups, salads, sandwiches and more! Complimentary parking and WiFi, indoor and outdoor dining.
Ithaca, New York
“AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This little bakery shop is awesome! The food and coffee are excellent, but the service is what makes the stay so welcoming. It's small and very busy but the owner/manager finds the time to visit you and make sure you are happy. We were looking for a place to have breakfast that wasn't fast food or "heavy". The options are amazing and so so good. You can't go wrong in this place except if you get there in the middle of the day when it is very busy. A must stop for all

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
Manassas, Virginia
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I think that this was an ok place for coffee and refreshments. There was nothing that stood out for me though that would make me visit again

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rockville, Maryland
“Coffee lover's mecca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I just love this place. I taste the various coffees in a way that reminds me of tasting fine wines. I've not every seen such a lovely selection and they will even brew you something special if you ask. Extremely friendly staff. The deserts and waffles are also key. However, for me its all about the finest brewed coffees. I did capture a picture of this incredible oreo pie but it was gone when the person I recommended it to went to buy it. For this is one of my delights in Rohoboth. Only issue is fighting traffic to get there (and finding a table).

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best breakfast experience at the beach so far...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

After trying several beach restaurants in search of a good breakfast, we finally decided to get in the car to see what we could find. I am so thrilled that we did... The Point well exceeded my expectations and I loved the menu.
The prices are a bit high - but, considering this is a beach community, and that many other establishments charge similar prices with far less quality, I believe they are definitely in line with what you receive.
The atmosphere is comfortable and our experience with service was positive. Will definitely be going back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Watch them prep your food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stay away until they clean up their kitchen and retrain their staff. I'm no Gordon Ramsey but what I saw today completely shocked me. I'm a regular Rehoboth person who has reviewed a number of local establishments. I love the coffee shops. I'd had coffee here a few times and thought I'd try the food.

It started with a line snafu - no direction on where to stand for a non-regular and then no attempt to remedy the situation even when a complaint was lodged. If you don't know that you need to stand in line starting where it would normally end - at the pickup counter - then that's your tough luck. And so it went.

My order never went back to the kitchen and I had to ask three times for ice water. The coffee was fine but obviously made hours ago. No skim milk at the coffee counter.

As I waited 20 minutes for the sandwich that wasn't being made, I noted that the kitchen should have been cleaner and that the prep girl wasn't wearing gloves; that she wiped her face and went right back to the food and that she never washed between orders regardless of ingredients. Then I saw it - she reached down and cleaned floor scum off her shoe and then went right back to the sandwich at hand. ICK.

So I reported it quietly away from the other customers. The manager merely asked if I wanted her to restart my sandwich. Yes - DHUH. Of course, my sandwich wasn't even started since the order was still sitting next to the cash register - they weren't that busy. So when they realized this problem, they offered me a cookie and then the manager told the prep person to expedite mine and she gave a really sarcastic OF COURSE. He should not have told her who complained - it made me nervous despite the fact that she had suddenly put on gloves. It was a show of faith that I ate that sandwich - she was obviously annoyed. And worse, this tuna sandwich tasted like cardboard - no spices - nothing in it but plain mayo. You can get a better sandwich anyplace in town.

Sorry Point. I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to coffee and sandwiches but you need to rethink what's going on and clean up your act.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere