“Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Boardwalk, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Average hotel with clean room and comfortable bed..Different things need improvement or updating..Slooow elevator..Definetly not worth $400 + a nite..Stayed in similar priced hotels in Rehoboth that are way better

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Booked the hotel at the last minute and the rate was ok
The hotel is the best location
Yes it does need a facelift but it was clean ( the towels sheets) there is a micrwave and fridge a coffee maker with coffee suger)
The pool is fine
And once again the best location
We had lots of fun

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
As we continue upgrades and updates at the property, it is nice to hear from one of the many guests who enjoy our location and our hotel each day! Thank you for your comments. They are appreciated and you, like all our guests, are highly valued! We hope you will visit us each time you want to enjoy Rehoboth Beach!
Portland Ct
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place is a nightmare. If location is the only thing that matters to you then sure spend the $400 plus but if you care about your safety then stay away. I will say they have one great employee her name was Nina. Other than her the managers were terrible . We stayed there for a baseball tournament from July 18th through the 23rd, at first glance the location can not be beat. The price is way off for the room quality, we were in room 212 it looked like something out of the 70's. When we checked in I had to convince the women at the desk that I didn't hand her $1400. In cash this took at least 15 mins that me and my husband couldn't believe it. She had made $1000.00 mistake and was rude when we were trying to be honest! We didn't even get a thank you from anyone after saving them a grand! On the day before we checked out we had taken a walk on the boardwalk we came back to our room and found a master key to ALL the rooms on our floor! I was in shock, went to talk to the manager but they were gone for the day. So upon checkout I asked to see a manager she was the most unprofessional person I have ever delt with. She didn't care that we turned in the master key or had saved them $1000.00 . They have no security no cameras nothing we could have wiped out the whole place in an hour. Never mind if a sick minded person had gotten a hold of that key there were young kids all over the place. She told me there was nothing that she could do and I said there should be it took her a good fifteen minutes to take a $100. Bucks off our bill if my daughter wasn't standing next to me I would have told her what to do with her credit. I have emailed the General Manager on July 27 th and still have not had a response nor do I expect one . So stay there if your not afraid to be robed or even worse! And I'm sure if you report it they won't care! Totally discussed

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
We appreciated this guest's concerns and honesty, and did compensate her quite generously for it. Unfamiliar with hotel industry standards, she was not aware that our security cameras are not in plain view or that when an employee misplaces a master key (which is rare) the front desk renders it useless. Our management team responds to all guest concerns in a manner consistent with appropriate and professional business standards.
Towson, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I booked this hotel in March for a two night stay at Rehoboth Beach with my husband and 9 yr. old daughter. For $378 a night, you'd think they'd heat their outdoor pool. Nope. You'd think their Wi-Fi would actually work. Nope. You'd think you could actually control the water temperature in your shower. Nope It's either all hot (too hot) or all cold. Oh, and the Hot and Cold markings on the shower are reversed. We stayed in room 206, and thought we were getting a balcony view of the ocean. Nope. Oh, and the room had a weird plastic-like smell. The building is so shoddy that we could hear our upstairs neighbors anytime they moved around, and none of the doors in our room close correctly without a shove. I chose this hotel because it had an outdoor pool with a beach view. That's about the only thing that's true about this place.

Room Tip: I would never stay here!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Room 206 is a very large room with two full baths. It does not have a balcony, but does have a nice view of the ocean. As an oceanfront hotel, many of our rooms do have balconies overlooking the ocean; However if one is required, this needs to be specified when reservations are made, as not all rooms are oceanfront or ocean view. The hotel pool is not advertised as being heated and the majority of our guests would not want it heated in August. We’re disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and wish you had informed our front desk or maintenance staff of any problems you may have encountered. Guest comfort is important to us.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Been going here with the family for a week for the past three years. As others have said, it's all about the location... and they seem to know it. This year we got 'renovated' rooms. The were spacious (although not ocean-front) and nice for entertaining because of the separate bedroom/living room area. Having children, it's nice to have the refrigerator and microwave for quick meals or snacks. And it's nice to have a hotel that's beach front and with a pool. But that's about the extent of it.

The 'renovated' rooms did NOT include any updates to the bathrooms. The carpeting didn't seem new, although we had tacks coming up through the rug that we stepped on all the time. I asked them to fix this but the only evidence they had been in our room to address the issue was the hammer we found in the room.

The hotel generally has a weird, strong odor of something that's probably a cleanser but overwhelming in the hallways. Our A/C never really worked very well-one side was freezing while we couldn't get the other side (the sleeping side) to get cool. The first time we called, they told us to be sure to keep all the doors closed so as to not let out the cool air. We then left for dinner and boardwalking. Five hours later, not much change. We endured the first night like this. I called again and they did something. It wasn't great, so we had to leave the fan on all the time. I think the only reason it finally got cold was because the temperature outside dropped. I think it was just our room, however, because friends stayed in the next room over and they didn't seem to have the same problem. When I complained the second time, the staff did offer to let us change rooms, but I didn't want to because our friends were next door.

The breakfast downstairs is actually pretty good, especially the made to order omelets.

This is walking distance to anywhere you'd want to go with children at the beach-amusement park, arcades, kid-friendly restaurants, and of course the beach. Not the best hotel I've ever stayed in, but not the worst, it's clean, has the amenities we need at the beach, and the staff was for the most part friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: be sure to ask for a room with a balcony---some rooms don't have one so there's no place to...
Hershey, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Same as 2012, I stayed July & going back again in September 2013 all because of the location.
What I do like about ASH is the location to the beach - wonderful. The room I get is very nice because of the size, but needs lots of inprovements. The view & the pool are great.
I totally agree with a lot of the complaints about the Atlantic Sands Hotel. I was told to look for improvements on my next trip. Well, we looked but did not see anything different this trip. On thing we did feel improved was the AC. Thank goodness for that, we had hot temps again during our stay & it was wonderful to come back into a room that was very cool & stayed that way all night. The room l request is a double room, very spacious, can use lots of improvements - new carpet, new matresses, the bathroom lighting got a bit better, only because they took the old plastic cover off , I could have done that. The shower heads are a mess, as before, where do they get these things. The TV cable is a mess, way too many unused channels - get them off the TV. The fridge, better this trip, kept things cold.

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

tayed here for the first time last year and will do so again this year. The Admiral was a nice, clean hotel at a great location on the beach at Rehoboth. They had a clean pool with pool towels available, had a nice time with the family.

Coffee shop attached to the hotel and many restaurants within walking distance. Covered parking. Hotel staff seemed friendly enough, I felt very comfortable staying here with the family.

The only negative thing was the hotel Internet connection was down during the first fantasy football weekend; it seemed that in my part of the hotel we could not log on and attempts with the staff to just try and reset the router went unanswered. So I had to sit in the lobby to log on, very annoying.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here and will stay here again next time we visit Rehoboth Beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!