“Do not waste your money!” 2 of 5 stars

Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Boardwalk, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Pennsylvania
“Do not waste your money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Horrible rooms; dirty carpeting; mold in bathroom; heat/air not uniform; uncomfortable beds! So disappointed. Was not able to move to another hotel so had to endure. An expensive hotel disaster for us.

• Stayed October 2012
SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Our housekeeping staff takes great effort to make sure all our guests enjoy a clean and comfortable room, as other reviewers have recently and favorably noted. Renovations are about to begin on portions of the hotel however and these efforts are expected to enhance even the most discriminating guests’ experience here at the Sands. We hope that you’ll visit us again as so many of our satisfied guests do, year after year. Our goal is to consistently improve our standards and to satisfy each of our guests. We sincerely regret that your expectations were not met on this visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My Mom and I went for a night last weekend. The room was really nice and clean, but it could use a little updating. The mattresses need to be replaced, and for a hotel like the Sands, I expected the commercial grade Keurig machines, not the cheap flimsy coffee makers they had. I was also surprised that they did not have a small continental breakfast included with the stay. Not even tiny boxes of cereal :(

Overall, it was a pleasant stay for one evening, and I would stay again. Cleanliness of the room is a huge factor for me, and the Sands met that expectation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

In our first room, we had 2 full size beds; no big deal. However, both mattresses were completely worn out and should have been replaced at least 5 or 6 years ago. The bathroom sink drained so slowly that the sink almost overflowed each time we went to use it. The room became very cold so I decided to turn on the furnace; NO HEAT! Called the front desk; was informed the heat had just been turned on and to wait about 30 minutes; 30 minutes came and went, still no heat. Called front desk; said a maintenance man would be sent up. Maintenance man arrived about 11:00 PM. Said he did not know how to fix the problem and that he was getting ready to go home. Call the desk; they offered to change our room. I declined due to the late hour and my wife had already went to bed. Desk called back and said we could leave our belongings is our room and sleep in a different room. Great! Things are looking up!

Not so fast. The mattress on the one and only king-size bed in the second room was worse that the first room. While the wife tried to sleep in the bed, I tried to sleep on the couch. No luck; couch was too short and there were no extra blankets ( I am only 5'9" tall). The furnace short-cycled turning on every 2 minutes and only running for 30 seconds. Hot water? only after running the water for about 5 minutes. Another slow draining bathroom sink; must be the heavy water!

This is my story and I am sticking to it! I would not stay at this hotel if they offered me to stay free.

Don't say you have not been forewarned. Book at your own risk.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nutley, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had a great experience with Debbie at the front desk. I wanted to extend my stay for another day and she managed to get me into another great ocean view room. She spent time doing this as the hotel is very popular and very booked most of the year. My hat is off to her and I will be returning next year for sure because of her wonderful service.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Beds were old & uncomfortable ! Room was very small & not well maintained! Location is great! No beach service was provided,beach chairs were awful! Front desk was helpful in suggesting restaurants & sightseeing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Norristown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Atlantic Sands Hotel last week. Everything was very good, staff, room, cleanliness and view. Special thanks to the housekeeping department, especially Allesandra. I left an article of clothing, she quickly found it and shipped it to me. I can add honesty and promptness to my review. 'Look forward to another stay there in the future.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our ocean front room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for giving us high marks! We strive to make every guest experience with us a pleasant and comfortable one! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sands!
Rehoboth Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was the second time we stayed here. Probably the last. First time seemed better. This time the A/C was very noisy; the shower whistled and the drain was slow. It took us a day to learn how to use the TV. Coffee Maker was ok. I wanted to use the gym, which is not located on premise but you had to pay about 5.00 each time you used it. No comp breakfast; you had to go next door for coffee and the selection was limited. I would like to say you get what you pay for but the cost was average compared to the other area hotels. Rooms were said to have been upgraded but the only thing upgraded was the TV compared to our first visit. Not a bad stay but not a great one either

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Our hotel has plans for renovations and upgrades over the upcoming winter months, so we do hope you will visit us again for a more enjoyable experience. Though we do not anticipate that you’ll find problems again, please know that hotel management can often correct or address any malfunctioning equipment that is discovered during a guests stay.

Been to Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!