“Great Front Desk Help” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Nutley, New Jersey
“Great Front Desk Help”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had a great experience with Debbie at the front desk. I wanted to extend my stay for another day and she managed to get me into another great ocean view room. She spent time doing this as the hotel is very popular and very booked most of the year. My hat is off to her and I will be returning next year for sure because of her wonderful service.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Beds were old & uncomfortable ! Room was very small & not well maintained! Location is great! No beach service was provided,beach chairs were awful! Front desk was helpful in suggesting restaurants & sightseeing.

Norristown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Atlantic Sands Hotel last week. Everything was very good, staff, room, cleanliness and view. Special thanks to the housekeeping department, especially Allesandra. I left an article of clothing, she quickly found it and shipped it to me. I can add honesty and promptness to my review. 'Look forward to another stay there in the future.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our ocean front room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for giving us high marks! We strive to make every guest experience with us a pleasant and comfortable one! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sands!
Rehoboth Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was the second time we stayed here. Probably the last. First time seemed better. This time the A/C was very noisy; the shower whistled and the drain was slow. It took us a day to learn how to use the TV. Coffee Maker was ok. I wanted to use the gym, which is not located on premise but you had to pay about 5.00 each time you used it. No comp breakfast; you had to go next door for coffee and the selection was limited. I would like to say you get what you pay for but the cost was average compared to the other area hotels. Rooms were said to have been upgraded but the only thing upgraded was the TV compared to our first visit. Not a bad stay but not a great one either

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Our hotel has plans for renovations and upgrades over the upcoming winter months, so we do hope you will visit us again for a more enjoyable experience. Though we do not anticipate that you’ll find problems again, please know that hotel management can often correct or address any malfunctioning equipment that is discovered during a guests stay.
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed he for a short getaway. The hotel is worn but close to everything and our ocenfront room had a great view. My issue is management's response to a problem we had while staying there. I emaied both the GM and Director of Sales and never received an acknowledgement of the issue. While lounging in the pool during the early evening by ourselves, one of the hotel staff proceeded to yell at people on the boardwalk to come into the pool area, which they did. In the end my wife got into an arguement with one of the boardwalk people in the pool and we left the pool area. Told the front desk manager who said they would check it out. Never any follow-up from the front desk manager, GM, od Director fo Sales. At $250 a night I guess I was expecting some level of customer service, I guessed wrong.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else ...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Staff was very friendly and accommodating and pleasant. And that was across the board (5 different individuals). Location is great. Right on the boardwalk. Also offers parking, which is a big plus considering that there are parking meters (and very aggressive ticketing) all over the town. Our room was very small and tough to get around in. The rooms and the hallway seemed a little dank and did not have a really good smell. Might be the constant barrage of ocean/humidity air. Some of the accommodations could use an upgrade (better/brighter lighting, new elevator, carpet). I am sure they don't lack visitors due to the location so these upgrades are probably not a priority for now.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms have a great view of the ocean and boardwalk. Might be noisier during peak tim...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
SandsStaff, General Manager at Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff members and our fantastic location!  Upgrades and renovations ARE a priority for us and we have many scheduled to take place over this coming winter. We hope to make the time you spend with us even more enjoyable in the future.
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My family and I stayed here a few years ago and had an oceanview room. Although it was pretty basic and a bit dated, we slept well and had a good stay. We went back in September 2012 thinking the experience would be similar ... we were wrong. We had a suite this time on the side of the building with a partial ocean view. Again, it was a basic room showing its age, but I didn't mind that so much. What I did mind, though, was constant noise all hours of the night. The 2 rooms across from ours constantly had people going in and out late into the night, slamming their doors, yelling in the hall, and letting their child run around yelling in the hall. Add to this various wedding party members, wedding guests, etc. from one of the several weddings that weekend getting back late at night (1am through 4am) and yelling in the hall, slamming doors, etc. and we got hardly any sleep. We were lucky to get 4-5 hours per night. I called the front desk; they said they would send security up, but this did not seem to help much. In fact, one night I saw the guard walk right by while the people across the hall were out of their rooms making noise late; he didn't do anything. The beds were also very soft and not too comfortable. The breakfast buffet downstairs is ok but is overpriced for what you get. You can walk to other local restaurants for a better deal. The best thing about this hotel is the location; right on the boardwalk, and parking is included under the building. As someone else stated, there were problems finding a working ice machine. Also difficult getting an elevator without waiting excessively long. The staff was cordial, professional and friendly; my only complaint is that the noise issue was not properly dealt with, and when I checked out I was asked how my stay was and I said it was too noisy at night, all I got was an apology and a comment about wedding parties, but no offer of a discount off this or a future stay.

Room Tip: Some suites have the sitting area closer to the hallway with the sleeping area toward the outside of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!