“excellent hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Oakville, Canada
“excellent hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed twice in 2011, once in May and once in Sept for a total of 8 nights. We had a lovely suite room at a very good price. It had 2 beds and a separate living area and included a fridge and micro.It was very clean and pleasant right on the Ocean and boardwalk .The staff were helpful and friendly It was near many amenities and its own dininf room was quite economical and satisfactory although it was easier accessed from the Boarwalk than from inside. We will be returning for a week in June 2012.

Room Tip: ask for room in newer section , older section is not quite as nice
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

My friend and I had a Mother and Daughters get-away at Rehoboth Beach and stayed at this Hotel. While we were there the staff was very helpful and friendly.The rooms we stayed in were large and comfortable.( I think we were in the nicer part of the hotel) This hotel is at a great location. Thanks to the Atlantic Sands Hotel for helping us make great memories at Rehoboth Beach!

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dover
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel twice, last year in Oct and this year also in Oct. both stays were due to a work related conference. Last year we noticed the hotel to be old and in generally poor condition. Last year we needed to wait an inordinate amount of time to check in because our room was not ready despite the hotel knowing in advance that we we part of the advance planning team. This year it was worSe than last. Although check in is 3pm we arrived early like we always did, and 3 of the 5 advance team got their room. We did not. And I do understand that sometimes the best of intentions go awry. Our room was vacated at 11:15am yet we did not get the room until 2:15 despite the fact that nobody but me was waiting for a room in the hotel lobby. It appeared as though they could care less about me as I had to frequently inquire and they had to look it up on the computer. In other hotels where we have stayed the staff contacted housekeeping to speed up the process. Not here. They could care less. Not a good hotel to stay at b

• Stayed October 2011
Northern Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We went to Rehoboth for Columbus Weekend to enjoy the last bit of warm weather and sunshine. Everyone else had the same idea so we scrambled to find a room. We managed to get one night here at a reasonable price. The room was large enough and fairly clean. The walls were paper thin though. You could hear every word spoken when someone was walking down the hall and could hear someone sneeze probably two rooms away. You can't beat the convenience of the hotel to the beach, boardwalk, and shopping. My only complaint is that if they are going to charge top dollar rates for the middle of summer, they had better get new beds. The beds we had sunk in the middle and when I woke up, i felt itchy all over.

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

A yearly Episcopal Church Women meeting was held at the Atlantic Sand Hotel and guests couldn't say enough about the wonderful rooms, so very clean, so close to the ocean and Boardwalk, wonderful Front Desk agents. We would definately return to this hotel with a group and individually. I have been in many hotels thorughout the world and it means so much to spend time in a hotel that is convenienent and so clean. Helen S. Whitson,Delaware

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Fraser, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed here a few years ago. My Mom and I love coming to Rehobeth in October for shopping, restaurants, and the beach. This year we stayed again at the Atlantic Sands. It is hard to find a hotel directly on the beach and boardwalk for a good price in Rehoboth Beach. There aren't many hotel choices if you want oceanfront and this is the main reason for staying at the Atlantic Sands. I love the view from the balcony. We sip wine overlooking the ocean and boardwalk. We even saw dolpins swiming in the ocean from our balcony this year. This hotel is old and worn. It could use a renovation in the rooms. The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was small and needs renovation. This hotel is starting to feel it's age and could use a renovation. I don't mind so much because I am hardly in the room when I stay here. I like having the microwave and refrigerator to store our wine in for the weekend. They have onsite parking, a restaurant and a pool. I did not use the pool or dine in the restaurant. The staff seemed friendly when checking in. We stayed two nights. No one cleaned our room during our stay, they only brought additional towels. It was weird because we had lots of trash and I had to take it out myself. Knats- little pesky flying bugs were in the room, however this was the case during my stay on the Eastern Shore and I don't think the hotel can do anything about them especially since we kept going in and out to the balcony. That was a nuisance. The price was good for oceanfront in October. Price and oceanfront will be the only reasons I would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Only stay here if you get an oceanfront room with balcony
Homewood, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed in hotel Oct 1 - 2, 2011 for race weekend.Most of the positive reviews for this hotel are all bogus. Made up by the General Manager and Director of Sales. The reviews you can count on are all of the negative comments. It is even worse than they say. Moldy, dirty rugs, blood stains on sheets, peeling wall paper, musty old smell. The front desk staff do not know what customer service is all about. Food is horrible was sick from eating a simple bagel sandwich.
Don't waste your money here when visiting the beautiful beaches of Rehoboth. You will definitely regret it.

Room Tip: stay away from this place
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!