“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Admiral is in a great location, just steps away from the boardwalk. Rooms were clean and adequate. A little expensive but you're paying for the location. Front desk staff was nice and helpful. Rooms are quiet. Excellent Wifi service!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor or higher. Also choose a room on the Baltimore Ave. side for the b...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SnrManagement, Owner at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our location is ideal for any Rehoboth Beach vacation as we are just steps to the beach and boardwalk. I am glad that you found our Wifi to be perfect as we recently did a major upgrade to our wireless system to offer our guest the best connectivity and speeds available. I look forward to having you return to stay with us again soon. Best wishes from all of your friends at The Admiral On Baltimore.

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Downingtown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I love the location of this hotel but it's more of a motel. The staff was great. Easy parking. Room was very clean and seemed newly renovated. We had 2 rooms on the 5th floor with ocean view. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
SnrManagement, Owner at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our rooms & property to be just what you were looking for. We have an amazing group of housekeepers that work round the clock to make sure our hotel is spotless. I hope you can return to stay with us again in the near future.

Best Wishes
-Chad Moore, Owner
Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I'm not sure what people are talking about with the recent renovations. They may have put some paint on the walls and put a new tv in, but the carpet and furniture are old. Someone says they have new bedding. The beds are not new! Maybe they bought used mattresses, but they are definitely not new. Soft and low quality. For the money, you would be better off staying at the Avenue Inn, Bellmoore, or Boardwalk Plaza. All of those hotels are much nicer and much more comfortable. If they charged under $150 per night, I would say its worth it because you can't beat the location. The staff is very nice, but the hotel itself is just old. Even the towels they give you are cheap and threadbare. Do yourself a favor and save your money. Spend $50 more per night and go to The Hotel Rehoboth or any of the others I mentioned. This hotel just wasn't worth it. I cut my two night stay down to one night!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SnrManagement, Owner at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
The guest above made his reservation at our hotel after having to leave his current hotel due to higher rates that he did not want to pay. I believe strongly that The Admiral is a great value hotel and that our rates and amenities are reflective this. Our staff goes out of their way to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay with us and we understand that there will always be those guests that no matter what we do, that they will remain unsatisfied. We have thousands of guests that return year after year to stay with us because they appreciate the great value, customer service, and amenities that we offer. We look forward to creating more longterm, loyal customers for the rest of the season.

Middletown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was my very first stay at the hotel. Yes, it was pricey-- but the location cannot be BEAT!!! Literally a few steps away from the boardwalk, with view of the beach from your room. The rooms are slighly small, but are okay for the purpose of sleeping since you will more than likely be on the beach or boarkwalk all day. The room had a microwave, a small fridge, and even a chest for hanging clothes. The 4th floor housed a decent sized pool that was open until 10PM which furnished clean towels and a changing area. In all, a decent stay was had but I would try a weekday the next time for a better bargin.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a partial view and the pool area was fun.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SnrManagement, Owner at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your loved our amazing location to the beach and boardwalk. Our indoor pool is the perfect place to relax on a rainy day or hang out when it's a little cool outside. Be sure to check our website for specials and last minute savings which we are constantly updating. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We had a fantastic moms-weekend-away stay at the Admiral Hotel. It was perfectly located and really a great value. Our room was clean and comfortable. We made good use of the swimming pool after visiting the beach each day. The parking was also so convenient. I think it was a great value and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor are on the same floor as the swimming pool which is fun.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
SnrManagement, Owner at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that you found our property to have convenient parking and to be a great value. We pride ourselves on offering the best value and customer service to our guests. From housekeeping to our front desk we make sure that every guest is having a great & enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to having you return to stay with us again in the near future. Best wishes

New Fairfield, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

In May 2014 we brought our 87 yr old dad on our vacation here. Parking was horrible for handicap, no access from the parking to the room. The room carpet had been soaked by floods, there was a musty smell. We notified front desk and they just said the smell was due to lack of use of that room, but the staff mentioned that there had been flooding on the street and water had entered some of the rooms. No other handicap rooms were available. That night our dad needed help, he had slipped and fallen by the bed, he reached for the phone and it was not working. He could not dial for help. I notified the front desk, again of what happened, we were checking out. At the time to pay the bill we were not offered any type of credit or apology for what occurred. We would not recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stay immensely. The hotel is conveniently located to the boardwalk (100' or so) and is perfect for your visit to the beach. We stayed over mothers day weekend and I can not imagine a better stay for what we paid anywhere on the boardwalk. I have already begun looking to see when we may be able to return.

Since we were so close to the beach, we were more than happy to stay on the 3rd floor overlooking the parking lot. As far as I can tell, our view there was just as good as the 5th floor rooms on the other side. Granted, we saw the room of the shops behind the hotel, but on the other side you have a good view of the hotel across the street. Either way, you have to look to the side out your door or window to see the ocean. I would save the money and stay on the back side.

The room was well appointed and very clean. The room had recently been remodeled and all the furniture items were new and well maintained. The beds were great We had our best nights sleep out of 2 weeks of travel the 2 nights we stayed here. I also found the hotel to be very quiet as well once the door was closed. From the patio, you can hear the fun and excitement of the boardwalk and arcade areas, but that is to be expected. I think housekeeping does a great job. I worked for Hyatt for over ten years, and the housekeeping staff here is just as good if not better. I heard them talking as they prepped for the day and I an assure you they are motivated, proud and take ownership of their rooms.

The pool on the roof top is great. It is covered so you can use it if there is a rainy day, but the french doors on the ends allow a great breeze. There is not view of the ocean from the pool, but I never really understood swimming in a pool and looking at the ocean. There is a nice sun deck area next to the pool. This area is well maintained and clean as well. It would be nice it the hotel had a gym or fitness center, maybe by the pool area, but I also understand that space is valuable if you sell out anyway then you may as well save the space for money making opportunities.

The front office staff was friendly and professional on check in and check out. I was a bit surprised to see that I received an actual metal key a check in, but it is also a bit nostalgic too. The only thing I would have liked to see is a switch to the key card system. For security reasons, ability to do lock audits, etc, I questioned why a change to a modern key card was not made when they were spending time and money to renovate the rooms. Regardless, I felt safe and am ready to visit again.

Room Tip: Save your money for the boardwalk activities and book a room that overlooks the parking lot. No rea...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SnrManagement, Owner at Admiral Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing & thorough review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us & were able to enjoy a great nights sleep during your stay. Everything that you discussed is why we try our best to go above & beyond during a guests' stay with us. Due to our proximity to the ocean we have not found a key card system that can stand the constant salt air to the locks. Our key entry method has never failed us, but we are still on the search for a better system. We look forward to having you return to stay with us again. Safe travels & we wish you and your family all the best!

Owner

Been to Admiral Hotel? Share your experiences!