“A Wonderful Stay as Always!” 5 of 5 stars

3 Night Getaway
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Baltimore
“A Wonderful Stay as Always!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

We have been going to Rehoboth Beach for years and cotinue to stay at the Bellmoor. We go both in the summer and winter and are reminded every time why we keep going back to this lovely hotel. Comfortable beds, great staff, close to everything Rehoboth and Dewey Beach has to offer and truly first class accomodations. There is no other place to stay in this town except the Bellmoor.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Annapolis, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Bellmoor last August for a short one-night trip. The grounds and pool are lovely. Rooms and public spaces also beautifully furnished. But I was very disappointed in our bed-- very hard and difficult to sleep in. The management was not very understanding . Said the place was full and could not change us and that people love their beds. Just telling you -- for $400 a night I expected more, both from the bed and the way management responded.

Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

My teenaged daughters and I enjoyed two nights at the Bellmoor - chosen after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. The room was great and the breakfasts wonderful (coffee and tea available all day is a treat). Everyone on the staff was very nice. We thought the location was perfect - everything is within walking distance, but the surrounding streets are tree-lined and quiet. We hope to go back sometime.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

This hotel is perhaps the best I've ever stayed in. I never wanted to leave.
I felt like I was staying at a wealthy friends house at the beach, not at a hotel. The building and accommodations had a high end residental feel to them rather the typical sterile cookie cutter hotel. It was unique, charming, and quiet. It is just off the center of the hustle and bustle of downtown rehoboth yet it is quiet and peaceful. The country breakfast was outstanding.
I can't wait to go back....perhaps even in the winter.
Thank you Bellmoor.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Eagan, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

Me and my fiance stayed at the Bellmoor June 15-18, 2009. We stayed in one of the garden rooms. While the weather wasn't perfect (was a little cold), we can't give enough praises to the Bellmoor Hotel. The rooms were nicely decorated, clean, and fairly spacious. Right outside the our room was a garden with fountains and beautiful flowers. The hotel offers 2 swimming pools. One is for adults (it's more of a soaking pool), and a larger pool for everyone. The larger pool got more sun so we did spend more time at that pool. They also offer a hot tub that is available for use until 11:00 PM daily. The hotel breakfast is fantastic, and I was excited to see what they had every morning. The hotel spa is also very nice and professional. We each paid for a massage while we were there.

The location to the beach could not be better. It's not too close and it's not to far away. The road the hotel is located on is great with little shops and restaurants. The whole trip was really A+. The hotel staff was decent. House keeping never disappointed and even offered turn down service. The bellboy was very attentive. The front desk staff seemed hit and miss. Sometimes we would ask questions and get great answers, other times we felt like we were bothering them.

Overall, I can't would not have asked for a better experience. We WILL be back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

Recently, spent a weekend at the Bellmoor just prior to Labor Day. I was impressed with the location, cleanliness, breakfast, and other amenities. It is a short walk to both the beach and restaurants/shops at Rehoboth. We stayed in a 4th floor suite. It was pleasant, quiet and nice to have both a fireplace and whirlpool. We highly recommend the Bellmoor for anyone looking for an upscale, clean, quiet, stay while at the beach!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

I stayed at the Bellmoor in with my mother and grandmother March 27-29 for a quick getaway. This place is truly elegant and the pictures don't do it justice. I was worried that the rooms would look a little too "shabby chic" for my taste, but I was wrong. Everything is just so comfortable and personal. You instantly get the sense that a lot of thought was put into the decor, rather than the same stock, standard hotel furniture being thrown into every room. They put so much work into the details of the furnishings of this place. From the moment you walk in, everything feels so warm and cozy.

I had a Garden room, my grandmother had a Palmer room, and my mom had a Jr. Suite. All the rooms were very lovely and it was nice to be able to see all the hotel had to offer. My room was very cozy, and there are even nice benches outside the doors of each Garden room to relax on.

Its in the perfect location, just a few blocks from the beach and a nice walk.
Breakfast was wonderful. They offer a variety of things, and the omelet/egg bar is delicious! The lady who makes them is so friendly and she really does a great job. Some of the best eggs I've ever had! In fact the entire catering staff is great. They are attentive, come to take your dishes away and are constantly on top of any food that needs to be replaced.

The 24 hour coffee/hot chocolate was a really nice touch. I can't even count how many times I'd go down to grab some.

I think the hotel staff was good, but not so overly accommodating as I've read in other reviews. They were by far not unpleasant, nor were they overly accommodating. They were just kind of there.

The hotel nearby some great shopping, which is where we spent a majority of our time.

The only thing I really didn't like about this hotel is that high-speed internet is only offered in the main building. Garden and Palmer rooms have no access to internet, which I really think is ridiculous in such a tech driven age. I had to trek to the main building each time I needed to check my email. At the price you pay for this hotel, I think that internet in every building should be standard. But that was my only gripe.

Had a great time, and would love to return in the future.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to The Bellmoor Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!