This was our second stay at the Bellmoor. We typically rent a house in Rehoboth but for shorter trips, this is a great option. Close proximity to the beach, restaurants, kiddie rides, shops, etc. makes it an excellent choice. There is not the gross "Ocean City" feel to this place that so many beach hotels in the area seem to host. The on site pool and parking is convenient. The property is well-maintained; the front desk staff is very friendly. Our main complaint this time stems from our room choice. We wanted more room for our family and booked the "Gardner's Cottage" which is like a mini two story cottage with a king bed on the upper floor and a powder room, main level has a queen bed, kitchenette, full bath and a sofa. I understand the aesthetic is not supposed to be slick and modern (this is, after all, the beach). But the Cottage felt worn and tired, rather dark and with a musty smell (it is operated by window unit air conditioning which may have had some effect on the poor air circulation). I thought the bed linens were updated but the bathrooms were sad as was the upholstery/furniture. The "main" bathroom (with shower) is tucked into the corner of the kitchen and feels like the size of a bathroom in an RV. Extremely claustrophobic. The powder room on the upper level was just that -- but you had to shower down in the "kitchen bathroom". No tub in which to bathe kids. The worst part about the Cottage was the screened porch. Whatever is covering the floor (indoor/outdoor material of some sort) is disgusting, soiled, perpetually damp and smelly. The entire outside area smelled of urine and mildew. Gross. While we liked the bedroom separation for putting kids to bed early, overall the size of bathrooms and condition of the cottage overall made me crave a guestroom in the main hotel. The one plus is that you have a dedicated parking spot right outside your door--convenient for loading and unloading. Overall, still a fan of the Bellmoor, but would skip the cottage.
- Also Known As:
- The Bellmoor Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- The Bellmoor Hotel
- Bellmoor Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Bellmoor Rehoboth Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bellmoor Inn, a seaside resort, a non-smoking hotel that has the look and feel of a modern stylish inn while offering the service and privacy of a small European hotel. A Rehoboth Beach Inn for decades, it has been reborn as the newest with the completion of 78 elegant rooms, suites, and luxurious amenities. A garden spot seemingly far removed from ocean resort activity, yet only a short walk to the beach and the town's renowned boutiques, restaurants, galleries and coffee houses. Offering you the coziness of a bed-and-breakfast with the service and luxury of a five star hotel. Nearby Airports* Salisbury Airport - 45 miles* Balltimore/Washington International (MD) - 100 miles* Philadelphia International (PA) - 100 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Venere, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your The Bellmoor Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.