I stayed at the Bellmoor Inn finally. I used to go to the Dinner Bell restaurant on the same property as a child in the 1970s. The original 1970s fountain is still in the quaint courtyard as I remembered it from my beach childhood.
I booked a room in the older side of the Inn and I will be totally honest - it was average. When I arrived on Friday afternoon for the weekend it seemed like to lone maintenance boy was cleaning the outside courtyard - that frankly should have been already cleaned. The door mat to my room was dirty so when I walked around the Pergo-like floor of the suite I had to wipe my feet off on a towel because there were no carpets by the bed. If I did not I would have had gunk in the bed. The bed was not a high end mattress and my hips and shoulder were killing me after two nights of tossing and turning. The drawer of the bureau almost fell out onto my feet because it was swimming around in the dresser. The lamps were all wobbly and the shades were loose so when you turned on the lights they would move around. I must have tightened three table lamps!
Generally the Inn was fairly clean although the elevator was dirty with Trident chewing gum wrapper and an askew dirty oriental carpet that I squared off with my loafer. The staff was very friendly and willing to go that extra step to assist. They served a very good buffet breakfast every morning. The day manager was very astute and worked his way through the breakfast crowd who enjoyed the enclosed patio tables. They had a decent hot tub but the two pools were not open for the season. Parking was a snap in the garage, but of course it was off season so parking may be tricky in the peak of summer.
I honestly do not think I will stay at the Bellmoor Inn again. I checked it off my list and although it was nice - it was underwhelming. We have stayed all over Rehoboth Beach and for the money Bellmoor needs attention to details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bellmoor Inn, a seaside resort, a non-smoking hotel that has the look and feel of a modern stylish inn while offering the service and privacy of a small European hotel. A Rehoboth Beach Inn for decades, it has been reborn as the newest with the completion of 78 elegant rooms, suites, and luxurious amenities. A garden spot seemingly far removed from ocean resort activity, yet only a short walk to the beach and the town's renowned boutiques, restaurants, galleries and coffee houses. Offering you the coziness of a bed-and-breakfast with the service and luxury of a five star hotel. Nearby Airports* Salisbury Airport - 45 miles* Balltimore/Washington International (MD) - 100 miles* Philadelphia International (PA) - 100 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your The Bellmoor Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bellmoor Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Bellmoor Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Bellmoor Rehoboth Beach