“Long weekend getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
“Long weekend getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

It's a pleasure to return to the Bellmoor at the end of the summer for a few days of R&R. It's beautifully appointed and elegant. The rooms are clean and cozy. The breakfast buffet complete with weekend omelet maker is outstanding. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful at meeting the needs of their guests. Although pricey during peak season, we would rather stay here than someplace rundown for nearly the same price. Would love to see the addition of in room safes. Otherwise, meets our needs completely. We look forward to returning again soon.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Hunt Valley, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Just returned from a two day stay at The Bellmoor in Rehoboth with mom and two kids. Good place. I gave a "very good" because this place is better than average, but truly not very good. I'm being generous then. Anyway, decent location - they say two blocks to the beach. Takes about 7 minutes or so...can be a bit tiring when it's late and you want to get back to your room after shopping, etc. Because they are off the beaten track it is a quieter place, which is nice. The Bellmoor is nice, but way too expensive (in my opinion).

The lobby is welcoming and nicely decorated. Front desk staff friendly. The rooms (our was a double queen standard) are...good. There I said it. Sort of like "dressed up" run of the mill hotel rooms. Plain bedding, A/C unit at window bottom...plain. But clean. The bathroom was good size but the tub was ridiculously small. Very nondescript bathrooms...nothing special here. Small pool on 2nd floor and hot tub (didn't use either but they looked clean and maintained). Breakfast...yes, it's complimentary. Standard fare. Some of it sits for awhile I'm afraid. Coffee and tea all day. Staff around breakfast area were nice enough.

I think that when you charge upwards of $400. a night for a hotel room there ought to be turn-down service, that's just me.

Starting to sound like a chain hotel? I guess that's my point. It's nice, and pretty, but it's missing it's soul. And, in my opinion, for the price they charge you ought to get a place with a definite feel of wow and this is a great place! Didn't get that feel...never have (stayed twice before). Why do I return? Well, it probably is one of the nicer hotels in Rehoboth (size and location-wise - I'm sure there are some fantastic boutique hotels that I haven't explored yet) that's close to the beach and boardwalk.

Good choice for families who don't want to stay at a run-down be achy place on the boardwalk or maybe for couples who want some quiet and distance from the commotion of the beach.

But it's going to cost you.

Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had a fantastic week staying at The Bellmoor. The accomodations, facilities, service, spa were all excellent. We were 2 families with 3 children. The children had a blast! We will be back next summer!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent!
Crofton, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family, friends and I have been visiting The Bellmoor for many years.....it continues to
improve with additional immentities which are added yearly. It is cozy, elegant, immaculately
clean, comfortable and the list goes on. The staff is friendly, vigilant, and helpful. The cost
is possibly above average for local beach establishments; however, the value is well worth
the price. The location is wonderful, and it is always a treat to return to this lovely oasis on
the Eastern Shore.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are especially lovely.
Marlboro, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Bellmoor is a wonderful property. The staff is very helpful and friendly. They do offer breakfast each morning but the food was horrible. We were very disappointed with breakfast as the food quality did not match the quality offered throughout Bellmoor. Otherwise I would recommend staying at the Bellmoor.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Carolina Suite which was beautiful. But surprised at how tiny the shower stall was...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellicott City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family (me, my wife and two elementary age kids) thoroughly enjoyed its 2 night stay. For this trip, we spent a bit more than we were hoping (and more than we're accustomed) due to it being booked on short notice during the peak vacation time. We could have still gotten into some of the motel offerings in town but we were concerned about quality...we don't feel like we need the best but we definately do not want something run down or not at least decent, and we felt the other choices available were gambles. Anyway, the Bellmoor gave us a hotel beach experience that was beyond what we thought was possible. The room was very nice and provided plenty of room for the four of us. The thing that made the real difference was that we actually enjoyed hanging out at the hotel. Other beach hotels provide you a couple of beds and a bathroom for sleeping and holding your stuff while you're out and about. At the Bellmoor, in addition to your rooms, there's plenty of very comfortable and inviting common areas for just hanging out...great for having a cup of coffee or tea (which is provided 24 hours and seemingly always hot), playing games, doing puzzles and enjoying each other's company. And the garden patio area was incredible (the kids loved the fish pond)...one morning, we had a really hard time motivating ourselves to leave the comfort of the patio to go to the beach. We now believe that the value of these amentities should not be under estimated, particularly for those rain days at the beach when in other hotels we might be stuck with no choice but to roam stores, do Funland or be cramped in a room with the kids watching TV. So in considering alternatives for a hotel stay at Rehoboth, we're now always going to think of it as whether we want a hotel that just provides a couple of beds and a bathroom near the beach or whether we want to be at the Bellmoor, which provides so much comfort that we are just as happy just being there....if we feel like we can stretch it economically in the future, we now will lean towards the Bellmoor.

washington, dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Have stayed here a few times & now conclude that the price to value ratio is skewed. First the good: the Inn is very lovely. Decor, amenities, friendly front desk, etc. It's probably the nicest hotel in town, and since it's pretty close to the beach of course it's in great demand. I will also say that even though I hated the bathroom in our room, the tub-shower enclosure was a clean as I've seen in a hotel. Most recent stay was in a king garden room, mostly due to price. Weeknight price was $350 including tax. Weeknight price for a room in the main bldg is $450 inc tax & $570/nt on weekends. Whether you spend $350 or $570 per night, it adds up quickly. In order to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast, you must get up & dress early, as if you were going to work. I'm on vacation, so I don't get up & dress early. No complimentary breakfast for me. I'd rather pay less for the room since I can't take advantage of that. If you think you're saving by staying in a Garden Room, it's not worth it in my opinion due to: 1. Tiny bathroom. I literally cannot stand when a bathroom is so small that you have to squeeze back against the tub in order to avoid brushing up against the toilet when you open the door. DISGUSTING! 2. Ants ants ants. 3. Hard foam pillows. I should have asked if feather pillows were available. Oops, shouldn't have to ask for bedding that's equal to that in the main bldg, should I? 4. Window box instead of central air, which is loud loud LOUD! Who can sleep with that racket? 5. Both windows had blinds, but one window had heavy curtains to keep sun out. The other one did not, so we were awakened at dawn since the blinds don't keep the light out. Left the Bellmoor exhausted, cranky & sleep starved. Not relaxing in the slightest. In short, even though guests in the Garden rooms enjoy all the other amenities of the hotel, it's not worth saving $100 to stay in such an inferior room. Garden rooms should be priced significantly lower to reflect their value. Good for the Bellmoor owners if they can command these rates. I'm sure it costs a fortune to run an upscale hotel, but don't think I can justify $570 per night for a small town in Delaware so I'll stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bellmoor Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!