“Efficiency - very nice, would definately stay again” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   154 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Murrysville, Pennsylvania
“Efficiency - very nice, would definately stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Our first time at Atlantis. Location is wonderful. A quick walk to the beach, restaurants, etc. but the room was very quiet. We stayed in an efficiency which are in a walk-up building separate from the main inn. It was very nice. Rooms are clean and the beds were very comfortable. The kitchen was great for making breakfast/lunch. We saved a ton by not eating out for every meal. The kids loved the pool on the roof. Everyone was helpful and so pleasant (even when I spilled coffee all over the lobby!!) A great value. We look forward to staying again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review! We are pleased that we were able to accommodate you and your family and that it was a memorable visit that will bring you back in the future!
We look forward to having you stay with us again next year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Fannettsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have stayed here every year for the last 5 years! Never had any issues! Location is good. Rooms are always clean. And as for the staff all I can say is GREAT!! Manger Penny Davis is the best! From planned trips to last minute trips she has went above and beyond to make sure our stay was nothing but Awesome. Would recommend staying here to anyone. Can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a such a wonderful review. I love it! We appreciate your loyalty and will always strive to keep you as a satisfied customer!
Looking forward to seeing you next year!
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Thank you Penny and staff for an another enjoyable stay in Rehoboyh Beach.. This was at least our fourth stay at Atlantis Inn and each stay has been very enjoyable. As we travel back home to Pennsylvania we are already discussing when we will be returning next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your last visit. We do appreciate your loyalty and hope we continue to accommodate your needs for many years to come!
Thanks again for the great review and we are looking forward to your next visit!
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have been coming here to stay for 6 plus years never have any problems with anything...especially anthing in all these other reviews....awesome manager, great staff,perfect location....i dont know what else to say except this the place to stay when you go to Rehobeth Beach

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the staff of the hotel as well as other potential customers. We certainly appreciate all of our customers but especially the loyal ones like yourself that return on a regular basis.
We are looking forward to many more years of memorable visits from you and your family!
Delaware, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Mid week and off-season stay. Seemed like it was play time at the retirement home. People were old, not a kid in sight, so it was enjoyable and quiet. This was just before the Sea Witch Festival which draws about 100,000 to Rehoboth. Had one of the two Executive Rooms, just off the elevator and over looks Rehoboth Avenue from the semi-private balcony. Full kitchen included an ice maker in the fridge. There were two TVs. The staff was excellent. The rooms were clean, even the dishes were clean. Maintenance could vacuum the air ducts though. The location is great, park the car and walk, Henlopen City Oyster House out the back parking lot, and Claws Crab House just across the street. In season, because of noise I would not stay. Off-season, super. (not into beach crowds). Will go again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for the great review! I am pleased that is was a memorable visit and one that will bring you back in the future. Let us know as soon as your figure out your next visit so you can get the same room.
Thanks again and we hope to see you in the spring!
Kensington, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed a weekend after Labor Day so we weren't there in the height of tourist season. The room was very clean the whole weekend we stayed there. The maids do a FANTASTIC job. The rooms are older and definitely need updating. For as much money as this place rakes in during the summer I can't believe they haven't updated yet. There are two styles of rooms I saw- the two-full-size-bed rooms with little else and the suite-style (they have kitchenette). The suite styles definitely feel newer and have more space. The room we had with the two full size beds was definitely not big enough for 4 adults. The beds were tiny (seemed smaller than a typical full size) and were SUPER SQUEAKY. My god I have NEVER heard beds squeak so much. EVERY time someone rolled over during the night the squeaking was so loud it woke EVERYONE up in the room. These rooms also have the toilet and shower in a- well, what should have been the closet probably. Tiniest shower/toilet room, not a lot of room to move around in and I hate when the shower curtain touches me while in the shower. Yick. Needs more space!
They are in a good location- few blocks from the beach and in the heart of all the quirky local shops. The staff were very friendly. I would only want to stay here again if I were in one of the suites, but I don't know the squeak status of those beds. The super squeaky beds is enough for me to not return as I highly value my sleep.
***Also, only 1 parking spot per room. If you are traveling with other people you should probably car pool. We went in the off season so we could find additional free parking a few blocks into the near by neighborhood. During peak season though you aren't allowed to park in the neighborhood without a permit and all the other close by parking is metered. Wish the hotel could come up with some additional parking near by for guests with more than 1 car.

Room Tip: Go for the suite-style with the kitchenette rooms. More space.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
First of all, I am glad that you took the time to write a review of the hotel and that overall, you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for recognizing that our housekeeping staff does a great job keeping the rooms clean. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the fabulous location and the friendly staff.
I am very sorry about the squeaky beds you encountered. I must say I have never had anyone complain about that so I am thinking it must be contained to the room you were in. If you have an opportunity could you please call and let me know which room you stayed in so we can check and see why the beds were so squeaky and hopefully correct it.
True the hotel is older but we do try to stay on top of things as much as possible and we do major renovations during the off season.
I understand that the standard double room you were in can seem small for four adults. Our larger rooms would be much more comfortable for that many people.
Parking in Rehoboth is and always has been limited. Unfortunately all we have available is one space per room when we are sold out. There are some weekends in the off season and most week days we are not sold out and would be able to accommodate a 2nd or 3rd car. We let everyone know ahead of time by posting on our website and in our confirmation letters.
Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again!
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I tried to keep an open mind after seeing this property from the outside, but my optimism was trampled by the reality of the Atlantis Inn. First of all, I want to acknowledge that the staff could not have been friendlier. I had called several times to change the details of my room and they were always extremely courteous and helpful. At check-in and any time I passed through the reception, they were always friendly. That said, I found this place to be overpriced for what it is. We were a party of five, so we had a room that opened up into another smaller room. The "half bath" in the second part was only a toilet. This left washing hands to the small kitchen-like sink (not at all sanitary) or walking to the other room to use the bathroom sink. I found that strange. The sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable and needs the mattress to be replaced. The cleanliness of the room left a lot to be desired. The carpet was old and seemed dirty. The first day, the cleaning staff finally made it around about 3:30 pm and we were having lunch. We suggested they come back after four and they said they couldn't. This meant they could only empty the garbage cans and replace the towels instead of cleaning. When they cleaned the next day, we didn't really notice the difference. I said this is a motel because the doors open up to the balcony like the classic roadside motel run by the Bates family. I don't want to be too harsh, but this place was not worth the price they charge. Since it was early October, I'm sure the wear and tear of the busy summer had contributed to the run-down nature of this place. It is pretty close to the beach, but I bet you could get something at least as nice right on the beach. I think I'd look around for another place before staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Camundongo,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Atlantis Inn. We certainly appreciate your kinds words regarding our staff. We understand that we are not a five star hotel but we all agree that the rooms are clean and the customer service exceeds most hotels.
I am sorry you didn't think you received a good value for your money. You did get the largest room we have and there were five adults in the room which can increase the cost.
True the hotel is older and our rooms do open up to the outside but we are constantly trying to make improvements.
I am sorry you did not find the sofa bed mattress very comfortable, if you had mentioned it to us we could have at least provided you with a rollaway which may have worked better for your family.
Should you decide to change your mind and give us a second chance, please give me a call.