“Impressive Lodging” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Delaware, USA
“Impressive Lodging”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Mid week and off-season stay. Seemed like it was play time at the retirement home. People were old, not a kid in sight, so it was enjoyable and quiet. This was just before the Sea Witch Festival which draws about 100,000 to Rehoboth. Had one of the two Executive Rooms, just off the elevator and over looks Rehoboth Avenue from the semi-private balcony. Full kitchen included an ice maker in the fridge. There were two TVs. The staff was excellent. The rooms were clean, even the dishes were clean. Maintenance could vacuum the air ducts though. The location is great, park the car and walk, Henlopen City Oyster House out the back parking lot, and Claws Crab House just across the street. In season, because of noise I would not stay. Off-season, super. (not into beach crowds). Will go again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thanks so much for the great review! I am pleased that is was a memorable visit and one that will bring you back in the future. Let us know as soon as your figure out your next visit so you can get the same room.
Thanks again and we hope to see you in the spring!

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Kensington, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed a weekend after Labor Day so we weren't there in the height of tourist season. The room was very clean the whole weekend we stayed there. The maids do a FANTASTIC job. The rooms are older and definitely need updating. For as much money as this place rakes in during the summer I can't believe they haven't updated yet. There are two styles of rooms I saw- the two-full-size-bed rooms with little else and the suite-style (they have kitchenette). The suite styles definitely feel newer and have more space. The room we had with the two full size beds was definitely not big enough for 4 adults. The beds were tiny (seemed smaller than a typical full size) and were SUPER SQUEAKY. My god I have NEVER heard beds squeak so much. EVERY time someone rolled over during the night the squeaking was so loud it woke EVERYONE up in the room. These rooms also have the toilet and shower in a- well, what should have been the closet probably. Tiniest shower/toilet room, not a lot of room to move around in and I hate when the shower curtain touches me while in the shower. Yick. Needs more space!
They are in a good location- few blocks from the beach and in the heart of all the quirky local shops. The staff were very friendly. I would only want to stay here again if I were in one of the suites, but I don't know the squeak status of those beds. The super squeaky beds is enough for me to not return as I highly value my sleep.
***Also, only 1 parking spot per room. If you are traveling with other people you should probably car pool. We went in the off season so we could find additional free parking a few blocks into the near by neighborhood. During peak season though you aren't allowed to park in the neighborhood without a permit and all the other close by parking is metered. Wish the hotel could come up with some additional parking near by for guests with more than 1 car.

Room Tip: Go for the suite-style with the kitchenette rooms. More space.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
First of all, I am glad that you took the time to write a review of the hotel and that overall, you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for recognizing that our housekeeping staff does a great job keeping the rooms clean. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the fabulous location and the friendly staff.
I am very sorry about the squeaky beds you encountered. I must say I have never had anyone complain about that so I am thinking it must be contained to the room you were in. If you have an opportunity could you please call and let me know which room you stayed in so we can check and see why the beds were so squeaky and hopefully correct it.
True the hotel is older but we do try to stay on top of things as much as possible and we do major renovations during the off season.
I understand that the standard double room you were in can seem small for four adults. Our larger rooms would be much more comfortable for that many people.
Parking in Rehoboth is and always has been limited. Unfortunately all we have available is one space per room when we are sold out. There are some weekends in the off season and most week days we are not sold out and would be able to accommodate a 2nd or 3rd car. We let everyone know ahead of time by posting on our website and in our confirmation letters.
Thanks again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again!
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I tried to keep an open mind after seeing this property from the outside, but my optimism was trampled by the reality of the Atlantis Inn. First of all, I want to acknowledge that the staff could not have been friendlier. I had called several times to change the details of my room and they were always extremely courteous and helpful. At check-in and any time I passed through the reception, they were always friendly. That said, I found this place to be overpriced for what it is. We were a party of five, so we had a room that opened up into another smaller room. The "half bath" in the second part was only a toilet. This left washing hands to the small kitchen-like sink (not at all sanitary) or walking to the other room to use the bathroom sink. I found that strange. The sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable and needs the mattress to be replaced. The cleanliness of the room left a lot to be desired. The carpet was old and seemed dirty. The first day, the cleaning staff finally made it around about 3:30 pm and we were having lunch. We suggested they come back after four and they said they couldn't. This meant they could only empty the garbage cans and replace the towels instead of cleaning. When they cleaned the next day, we didn't really notice the difference. I said this is a motel because the doors open up to the balcony like the classic roadside motel run by the Bates family. I don't want to be too harsh, but this place was not worth the price they charge. Since it was early October, I'm sure the wear and tear of the busy summer had contributed to the run-down nature of this place. It is pretty close to the beach, but I bet you could get something at least as nice right on the beach. I think I'd look around for another place before staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Camundongo,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Atlantis Inn. We certainly appreciate your kinds words regarding our staff. We understand that we are not a five star hotel but we all agree that the rooms are clean and the customer service exceeds most hotels.
I am sorry you didn't think you received a good value for your money. You did get the largest room we have and there were five adults in the room which can increase the cost.
True the hotel is older and our rooms do open up to the outside but we are constantly trying to make improvements.
I am sorry you did not find the sofa bed mattress very comfortable, if you had mentioned it to us we could have at least provided you with a rollaway which may have worked better for your family.
Should you decide to change your mind and give us a second chance, please give me a call.
Philadelphia PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We are staying here for the first time. The check in lady, Diane, could not have been nicer, nor more helpful. At check In We had to pay an extra $60 pet cleaning fee for our two very small dogs who are crated. I was not happy but paid the money and expected the room to be thoroughly cleaned after each guest checked out and cleaned thoroughly for that exorbitant amount of money. We travel a lot and have not ever had to pay that much for pet fees. Imagine my shock when I walked in and found another dog's food on the floor! To add insult to injury the linens had NOT been changed from the previous guest, dirty paw prints were on the top sheet, along with hair, and upon further inspection the sheet on the bed had not been changed. Further more checking furthering down the mattress pad had NOT been changed as it obviously had stains on it. I do not recommend this place if you are looking for a clean room. Location is great. Staff is very helpful. They were very accommodating in giving us a new room but that does not diminish the fact that, as has always been my suspicion, there was NO extra cleaning for the high pet fee. Enough said

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you, Licricket3, for taking the time to submit your feedback on TripAdvisor and for your kind words about our staff and location. I am sorry to see you scored our hotel, as well as Claws Seafood, so low being your first two review submittals to TripAdvisor. Clearly this trip to Rehoboth Beach didn't meet your expectations, nor was it as spectacular as we would have hoped it would have been from start to finish. We deeply regret this and you have our apologies for that.
I'm not surprised to see you have brought up our dog fees being at check in you shared your displeasure of having to spend the additional monies for our fees. The fee is levied due to the fact that these rooms require additional cleaning every time, and more often than not more maintenance to repair scratched or chewed furniture, doors, walls and linens. We are forthright with our policy and while we loved to have you as our guest, you did have other alternatives for a lesser priced dog fee than at the Atlantis. While it's fair to be critical of the amount, I don't feel it's fair to imply this was sprung on you at check-in as the pet policy is shared online, on all confirmation collateral and booking engines, and/or via phone in advance of everyone's arrival.
We ABSOLUTELY own the fact that we had a miscommunication with housekeeping on your first room. As we did at the time, we deeply apologize for you having found this error before us, thus further aggravating the check in situation for you surrounding the pet fees.
At check out, you mentioned you had a wet spot in your room, followed by "we won't be back", and walking away from me before we had the opportunity to discuss further. Along with my head housekeeper, I check the first room for the wet spot as I was sure you would have mentioned any issue with the second room at that time. We found no wet spot in the first room. Upon inspection of the second room, we found a fresh wet spot where one of your "crated" dogs had urinated. Though I didn't mention it above, therein you'll find another reason why pet fees are levied.
Presumably, you read TripAdvisor before booking your room with us and we were selected because of prior reviewers mentioning our cleanliness, etc. While we are not infallible, we do strive to make it right and improve the overall experience moving forward when we are made aware of a stumble. We thank you for bringing your original concern to us so we could take corrective action and we again apologize for the inconvenience this caused.
The Atlantis Inn looks forward to welcoming friends, both 2 and 4 legged sort, every off-season and we make a commitment to every guest to provide a clean hotel with a great location and friendly staff. We wish you best of luck with your future pet-friendly hotel whenever your travels bring you to Rehoboth Beach.
Marlton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

we went down there with the 4 kids and my mom. we had a great time. everyone loved it. It's centrally located. when I had issues with the wi-fi, they fixed it right away. and when we needed additional pillows and shampoo they brought them right away. it was our 2nd time there. this time we stayed in the efficency and it was great. thanks for being so nice

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are pleased that you had a memorable visit and one that will bring you back time and time again in the future.
Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you and your family again soon!
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was our first stay at the Atlantis, and we would go back. The front desk staff was quite friendly and helpful. The room, while not fancy, was clean. Let's clarify not fancy: The toilet/tub area is quite small, there are no hair dryers. There are no fluffy fancy Hyatt pillows -- but that said, the bed and pillows were comfortable, and I'm a bit picky about that. Friends, just remember, this is a Delmarva beach hotel, not Vegas. I was happy to have free wifi, a mini fridge and microwave. The room and bathroom were clean. There is a splash pool and open air deck. It is a short walk to the beach. We were able to park, even though the hotel was fully booked (though we weren't about to leave the spot once we had it!!). Would I spend my honeymoon here? No. But a quick jaunt to the beach? Sure!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for the kinds words. We are what we are and that is a nice clean hotel with great customer service and an awesome location. Thank you for recognizing that and we look forward to your return visit for many years to come!
Parkton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is our second stay at the Atlantis and last year I would have given it higher rating. This year was a little off putting. The staff remains friendly and helpful. The rooms while not spectacular are comfortable and clean. This year we went over the weekend (last year it was during the week) and oh what a difference that made. Suffice to say drunken carrying on, people running by yelling and slamming doors on and off all Saturday night. For a family visit it wasn't the best. I know its the beach and this hotel is not cheap but it is on the lower price point and it does attract a younger guest. Last year our stay during the week was perfect so it was disappointing to have all that going on. (There was also a little league team staying at the hotel and the parents were worse then the kids!) I definitely don't fault the hotel- its a couple of clerks versus 10-15 loud mouths but if you are looking for a family atmosphere on a weekend this may not be it. Two other things to keep in mind- it is 1 1/2 blocks to boardwalk but one block is very long- it feels more like 3. When the little ones are wet and sandy you will want to go pick them up in the car unless you feel like carrying them (parking is easy in/out so not a huge deal). And while they have a pool it is tiny- more then 3 kids and its crowded! There were 5 ithe afternoon we went and the kids could only sit on the steps on the pool!

Room Tip: We had a quieter stay in the kitchenette building last year...but once again I think the timing of y...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the disturbance that you encountered during your Saturday night stay in August. We do our best to make sure there is no noise disturbance after 11 pm on all nights of the week, unfortunately sometimes there can be some disturbance but we usually stop it as soon as it happens.
I hope this will not prevent you from returning to the Atlantis Inn or Rehoboth Beach. As I mentioned the noise level is usually at a minimum.
Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!