“Not clean” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Philadelphia PA
“Not clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We are staying here for the first time. The check in lady, Diane, could not have been nicer, nor more helpful. At check In We had to pay an extra $60 pet cleaning fee for our two very small dogs who are crated. I was not happy but paid the money and expected the room to be thoroughly cleaned after each guest checked out and cleaned thoroughly for that exorbitant amount of money. We travel a lot and have not ever had to pay that much for pet fees. Imagine my shock when I walked in and found another dog's food on the floor! To add insult to injury the linens had NOT been changed from the previous guest, dirty paw prints were on the top sheet, along with hair, and upon further inspection the sheet on the bed had not been changed. Further more checking furthering down the mattress pad had NOT been changed as it obviously had stains on it. I do not recommend this place if you are looking for a clean room. Location is great. Staff is very helpful. They were very accommodating in giving us a new room but that does not diminish the fact that, as has always been my suspicion, there was NO extra cleaning for the high pet fee. Enough said

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you, Licricket3, for taking the time to submit your feedback on TripAdvisor and for your kind words about our staff and location. I am sorry to see you scored our hotel, as well as Claws Seafood, so low being your first two review submittals to TripAdvisor. Clearly this trip to Rehoboth Beach didn't meet your expectations, nor was it as spectacular as we would have hoped it would have been from start to finish. We deeply regret this and you have our apologies for that.
I'm not surprised to see you have brought up our dog fees being at check in you shared your displeasure of having to spend the additional monies for our fees. The fee is levied due to the fact that these rooms require additional cleaning every time, and more often than not more maintenance to repair scratched or chewed furniture, doors, walls and linens. We are forthright with our policy and while we loved to have you as our guest, you did have other alternatives for a lesser priced dog fee than at the Atlantis. While it's fair to be critical of the amount, I don't feel it's fair to imply this was sprung on you at check-in as the pet policy is shared online, on all confirmation collateral and booking engines, and/or via phone in advance of everyone's arrival.
We ABSOLUTELY own the fact that we had a miscommunication with housekeeping on your first room. As we did at the time, we deeply apologize for you having found this error before us, thus further aggravating the check in situation for you surrounding the pet fees.
At check out, you mentioned you had a wet spot in your room, followed by "we won't be back", and walking away from me before we had the opportunity to discuss further. Along with my head housekeeper, I check the first room for the wet spot as I was sure you would have mentioned any issue with the second room at that time. We found no wet spot in the first room. Upon inspection of the second room, we found a fresh wet spot where one of your "crated" dogs had urinated. Though I didn't mention it above, therein you'll find another reason why pet fees are levied.
Presumably, you read TripAdvisor before booking your room with us and we were selected because of prior reviewers mentioning our cleanliness, etc. While we are not infallible, we do strive to make it right and improve the overall experience moving forward when we are made aware of a stumble. We thank you for bringing your original concern to us so we could take corrective action and we again apologize for the inconvenience this caused.
The Atlantis Inn looks forward to welcoming friends, both 2 and 4 legged sort, every off-season and we make a commitment to every guest to provide a clean hotel with a great location and friendly staff. We wish you best of luck with your future pet-friendly hotel whenever your travels bring you to Rehoboth Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Marlton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

we went down there with the 4 kids and my mom. we had a great time. everyone loved it. It's centrally located. when I had issues with the wi-fi, they fixed it right away. and when we needed additional pillows and shampoo they brought them right away. it was our 2nd time there. this time we stayed in the efficency and it was great. thanks for being so nice

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are pleased that you had a memorable visit and one that will bring you back time and time again in the future.
Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you and your family again soon!
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was our first stay at the Atlantis, and we would go back. The front desk staff was quite friendly and helpful. The room, while not fancy, was clean. Let's clarify not fancy: The toilet/tub area is quite small, there are no hair dryers. There are no fluffy fancy Hyatt pillows -- but that said, the bed and pillows were comfortable, and I'm a bit picky about that. Friends, just remember, this is a Delmarva beach hotel, not Vegas. I was happy to have free wifi, a mini fridge and microwave. The room and bathroom were clean. There is a splash pool and open air deck. It is a short walk to the beach. We were able to park, even though the hotel was fully booked (though we weren't about to leave the spot once we had it!!). Would I spend my honeymoon here? No. But a quick jaunt to the beach? Sure!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for the kinds words. We are what we are and that is a nice clean hotel with great customer service and an awesome location. Thank you for recognizing that and we look forward to your return visit for many years to come!
Parkton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is our second stay at the Atlantis and last year I would have given it higher rating. This year was a little off putting. The staff remains friendly and helpful. The rooms while not spectacular are comfortable and clean. This year we went over the weekend (last year it was during the week) and oh what a difference that made. Suffice to say drunken carrying on, people running by yelling and slamming doors on and off all Saturday night. For a family visit it wasn't the best. I know its the beach and this hotel is not cheap but it is on the lower price point and it does attract a younger guest. Last year our stay during the week was perfect so it was disappointing to have all that going on. (There was also a little league team staying at the hotel and the parents were worse then the kids!) I definitely don't fault the hotel- its a couple of clerks versus 10-15 loud mouths but if you are looking for a family atmosphere on a weekend this may not be it. Two other things to keep in mind- it is 1 1/2 blocks to boardwalk but one block is very long- it feels more like 3. When the little ones are wet and sandy you will want to go pick them up in the car unless you feel like carrying them (parking is easy in/out so not a huge deal). And while they have a pool it is tiny- more then 3 kids and its crowded! There were 5 ithe afternoon we went and the kids could only sit on the steps on the pool!

Room Tip: We had a quieter stay in the kitchenette building last year...but once again I think the timing of y...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the disturbance that you encountered during your Saturday night stay in August. We do our best to make sure there is no noise disturbance after 11 pm on all nights of the week, unfortunately sometimes there can be some disturbance but we usually stop it as soon as it happens.
I hope this will not prevent you from returning to the Atlantis Inn or Rehoboth Beach. As I mentioned the noise level is usually at a minimum.
Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We travel to Rehoboth at least once a year. On this trip we stayed at the Atlantis Inn with our six year old granddaughter. This was our first stay at the Atlantis but we will be back. The Atlantis is centrally located in downtown Rehoboth; most things are within walking distance of this location. The room at the hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly and courteous. Our granddaughter loved the pool and grandma and grandpa loved the reasonable rates. If you are looking for a clean and reasonable place to stay the Atlantis is the place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review! I am so pleased that you appreciate what a great value we offer at the Atlantis Inn and we look forward to you staying with us for many years to come!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Let me start by saying I have been in the hotel business for 20 years so I am probably more critical than most.
We decided to take a last minute trip to Rehobeth over Labor Day weekend. This was not our first choice, but we had limited options given the last minute booking and they had a special three night stay for about $220/night. This place is right in the heart of it all and walking distance to everything! The woman who checked us in was especially nice and check-in was a breeze. The room as nothing fancy, but it was clean, comfortable and surprisingly quiet.
We chose not to have our room serviced during our stay, but the housekeeper asked us numerous times if we needed anything like towels etc. The pool was much smaller than it appeared on the website; however, the sundeck was large, clean, had plenty of towels and was the perfect place to people watch.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your input and it sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us. You are correct in saying the room was nothing fancy but we do provide a nice clean well maintained room and offer a good value and great service. Thank you for recognizing that!
Hopefully you will stay with us again on your next visit to Rehoboth Beach!
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

After reading other reviews we decided to give the Atlantis a try. Well we will certainly agree that the location is almost perfect and that the rooms were very clean. The hotel is right in the center of the shops and restaurants. There is a very short walk to the beach and boardwalk but it doesn't really even matter since there is so much to see along the way there. The rooms were spacious and clean but a little dated. there was a lot of random noise throughout the night. Contrary to other reviews we found the staff to be inconsistent. there were a few nice and friendly staff but for the most part the others seemed indifferent. not looking for a friend but it nice when you are walking through the lobby for the person to lift there head and say hello or smile. When I did stop to ask a question, the person acted as though they were doing me a big favor by answering my question. Overall, if you are looking for more than just a clean room and a nice location stay somewhere else otherwise this place will suit you just fine.

Room Tip: stay away from the rooms that are near the doors leading to the elevators. the doors are left open a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We never get tired of hearing about our wonderful location and nice clean rooms! I am very disappointed that you experienced a not so friendly member of our team. We are just as proud of our friendly staff members as we are of our location so reading this review was shocking and disappointing. If you have a minute I would appreciate you contacting me so I can find out who seemed indifferent towards you so I can address this.
I sincerely apologize again and hope this does not prevent you from returning to the Atlantis Inn!

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!