“the family clan” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Marlton
“the family clan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

we went down there with the 4 kids and my mom. we had a great time. everyone loved it. It's centrally located. when I had issues with the wi-fi, they fixed it right away. and when we needed additional pillows and shampoo they brought them right away. it was our 2nd time there. this time we stayed in the efficency and it was great. thanks for being so nice

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are pleased that you had a memorable visit and one that will bring you back time and time again in the future.
Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you and your family again soon!

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Pasadena, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was our first stay at the Atlantis, and we would go back. The front desk staff was quite friendly and helpful. The room, while not fancy, was clean. Let's clarify not fancy: The toilet/tub area is quite small, there are no hair dryers. There are no fluffy fancy Hyatt pillows -- but that said, the bed and pillows were comfortable, and I'm a bit picky about that. Friends, just remember, this is a Delmarva beach hotel, not Vegas. I was happy to have free wifi, a mini fridge and microwave. The room and bathroom were clean. There is a splash pool and open air deck. It is a short walk to the beach. We were able to park, even though the hotel was fully booked (though we weren't about to leave the spot once we had it!!). Would I spend my honeymoon here? No. But a quick jaunt to the beach? Sure!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for the kinds words. We are what we are and that is a nice clean hotel with great customer service and an awesome location. Thank you for recognizing that and we look forward to your return visit for many years to come!
Parkton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is our second stay at the Atlantis and last year I would have given it higher rating. This year was a little off putting. The staff remains friendly and helpful. The rooms while not spectacular are comfortable and clean. This year we went over the weekend (last year it was during the week) and oh what a difference that made. Suffice to say drunken carrying on, people running by yelling and slamming doors on and off all Saturday night. For a family visit it wasn't the best. I know its the beach and this hotel is not cheap but it is on the lower price point and it does attract a younger guest. Last year our stay during the week was perfect so it was disappointing to have all that going on. (There was also a little league team staying at the hotel and the parents were worse then the kids!) I definitely don't fault the hotel- its a couple of clerks versus 10-15 loud mouths but if you are looking for a family atmosphere on a weekend this may not be it. Two other things to keep in mind- it is 1 1/2 blocks to boardwalk but one block is very long- it feels more like 3. When the little ones are wet and sandy you will want to go pick them up in the car unless you feel like carrying them (parking is easy in/out so not a huge deal). And while they have a pool it is tiny- more then 3 kids and its crowded! There were 5 ithe afternoon we went and the kids could only sit on the steps on the pool!

Room Tip: We had a quieter stay in the kitchenette building last year...but once again I think the timing of y...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the disturbance that you encountered during your Saturday night stay in August. We do our best to make sure there is no noise disturbance after 11 pm on all nights of the week, unfortunately sometimes there can be some disturbance but we usually stop it as soon as it happens.
I hope this will not prevent you from returning to the Atlantis Inn or Rehoboth Beach. As I mentioned the noise level is usually at a minimum.
Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We travel to Rehoboth at least once a year. On this trip we stayed at the Atlantis Inn with our six year old granddaughter. This was our first stay at the Atlantis but we will be back. The Atlantis is centrally located in downtown Rehoboth; most things are within walking distance of this location. The room at the hotel was very clean and the staff was friendly and courteous. Our granddaughter loved the pool and grandma and grandpa loved the reasonable rates. If you are looking for a clean and reasonable place to stay the Atlantis is the place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AtlantisInn, General Manager at Atlantis Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review! I am so pleased that you appreciate what a great value we offer at the Atlantis Inn and we look forward to you staying with us for many years to come!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Let me start by saying I have been in the hotel business for 20 years so I am probably more critical than most.
We decided to take a last minute trip to Rehobeth over Labor Day weekend. This was not our first choice, but we had limited options given the last minute booking and they had a special three night stay for about $220/night. This place is right in the heart of it all and walking distance to everything! The woman who checked us in was especially nice and check-in was a breeze. The room as nothing fancy, but it was clean, comfortable and surprisingly quiet.
We chose not to have our room serviced during our stay, but the housekeeper asked us numerous times if we needed anything like towels etc. The pool was much smaller than it appeared on the website; however, the sundeck was large, clean, had plenty of towels and was the perfect place to people watch.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your input and it sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us. You are correct in saying the room was nothing fancy but we do provide a nice clean well maintained room and offer a good value and great service. Thank you for recognizing that!
Hopefully you will stay with us again on your next visit to Rehoboth Beach!
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

After reading other reviews we decided to give the Atlantis a try. Well we will certainly agree that the location is almost perfect and that the rooms were very clean. The hotel is right in the center of the shops and restaurants. There is a very short walk to the beach and boardwalk but it doesn't really even matter since there is so much to see along the way there. The rooms were spacious and clean but a little dated. there was a lot of random noise throughout the night. Contrary to other reviews we found the staff to be inconsistent. there were a few nice and friendly staff but for the most part the others seemed indifferent. not looking for a friend but it nice when you are walking through the lobby for the person to lift there head and say hello or smile. When I did stop to ask a question, the person acted as though they were doing me a big favor by answering my question. Overall, if you are looking for more than just a clean room and a nice location stay somewhere else otherwise this place will suit you just fine.

Room Tip: stay away from the rooms that are near the doors leading to the elevators. the doors are left open a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We never get tired of hearing about our wonderful location and nice clean rooms! I am very disappointed that you experienced a not so friendly member of our team. We are just as proud of our friendly staff members as we are of our location so reading this review was shocking and disappointing. If you have a minute I would appreciate you contacting me so I can find out who seemed indifferent towards you so I can address this.
I sincerely apologize again and hope this does not prevent you from returning to the Atlantis Inn!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Atlantis Inn third week in August. I read the other reviews and I would concurr with what others have been saying. Firstly, you can't get a better location. You are on Rehoboth Avenue leading right up to the Boardwalk and beach. You are surrounded by Dunkin donughts and other novelty/souvenir and food shops and Bikes to go(bike rental) is at the corner. The staff is friendly and helpful. We stayed at the efficiency which was perfect for our needs and our toaster was broken and the desk brought us a replacement right away.
That said, I agree that housekeeping could be improved. They make the beds, change the towels and bring toiletries. If they were instructed to- and should be- they should vaccum and dust daily. The walls were full of cobwebs and behind the furniture were layers of dust. The bathroom curtain was full of mold, the vent in bathroom ceiling full of dust and I could not stop sneezing the entire stay. Old food and toys from the last guest were under the sleepaway couch suggesting floor was not cleanedin ages.

While the air conditioner was on we did not really suffer from outside noise except the occasional motorcycle. Over the weekend the crowd changed as we had drinkers and smokers next door but I would not call them drunk and they did not "party" all night either.

The pool is very small and unheated but I noticed if you got there at "off" hours" you could be assured to have the pool to yourself like 9-12 am or after 5 pm.

I defintely recommend this hotel despite the issues I experienced because all in all it was well located and nicely maintained and nothing is ever perfect. I don't think you will get a better place unless you go to the top hotel on the boardwalk which has no pool and pay top dollar.

Room Tip: Request a room that does not face the street.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the housekeeping issues you had during your stay. We strive for perfection with the cleanliness of our rooms but sometimes that is not always the case. I wish you would have mentioned the housekeeping issues so we could have resolved them for you immediately. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and are very sorry we fell short in your case.
We hope this will not prevent you from returning to the Atlantis Inn, we would like to prove to you that your what you experienced was very unusual.
Hope to see you again!

Been to Atlantis Inn? Share your experiences!